Guest guest36187

2 minutes ago, Aaron88 said:

Gratz, you made it. Hopefully more good news tomorrow and coming weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron88 said:

Gratz, you made it. Hopefully more good news tomorrow and coming weeks. 

Can’t believe you haven’t got yours yet !! surely any day now 🤞

6 hours ago, Aaron88 said:

Haha , Not sure. guess I’m just lucky... my case officer never reply emails. 

Did you get any kind of acknowledgement after you submitted all your documents and did you notify them when you received your AOS acceptance?  It does seem strange that you just haven't heard anything

19 minutes ago, BargeUK said:

Did you get any kind of acknowledgement after you submitted all your documents and did you notify them when you received your AOS acceptance?  It does seem strange that you just haven't heard anything

I never once got any acknowledgment ( apart from the auto response email) or response to any documents or emails I submitted. You just don’t know what’s going on and that’s what’s so frustrating. 

13 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Did you forward your AOS acceptance letter from Centrelink to your case officer ?  

yes, i did straightaway as i don't trust centrelink...

2 hours ago, BargeUK said:

i didn't get any acknowledgement other than an auto respond from pvc1, any additional email sent with application ids/name/reference number had the same acknowledgement email, but no reply from my case officer. 

9 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I would be very very tempted to email them. Seems so unfair 😩

thanks Kath, I'll try again, i'm okie with delay in processing, but delay without asking for more info or communicate with applicant just seems strange. 

5 minutes ago, KathyN said:

@Aaron88 We emailed PVC yesterday asking for progress since our last submission of documents in June 2020, and an officer replied saying applications are continuing and we will be notified when they reach the next stage.

They do seem get going on these mainly at the beginning and the end of the year they seem to do the most then from what I’ve seen 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, KathyN said:

@Aaron88 We emailed PVC yesterday asking for progress since our last submission of documents in June 2020, and an officer replied saying applications are continuing and we will be notified when they reach the next stage.

Yes, can’t get much out of them. Thanks for sharing, hopefully you will get something very soon. It’s a waiting game haha 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Reply from pvc team states that I have to leave to activate my visa in the next 3 months and before my police and medicals exp early Feb.

Really hope the NZ travel bubble opens up soon then! 

Only 3 months? 

Do you know if you are allowed to travel to NZ with an inactive visa 143 when the border opens? Would you need to apply for a NZ visitor visa or any other permit?

3 minutes ago, KathyN said:

Only 3 months? 

Do you know if you are allowed to travel to NZ with an inactive visa 143 when the border opens? Would you need to apply for a NZ visitor visa or any other permit?

I don’t know!! I am hoping NZ will open up!  Sometimes  your visa activates the minute you are through passport control so in that case I would an OZ permanent resident. Will see after Xmas .  Might end up paying for expensive flights and quarantine!! 

3 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

I don’t know!! I am hoping NZ will open up!  Sometimes  your visa activates the minute you are through passport control so in that case I would an OZ permanent resident. Will see after Xmas .  Might end up paying for expensive flights and quarantine!! 

I think as an Australian PR you can apply for and be granted a NZ visa quickly (a couple hours to a few days). I applied for a NZ visitor visa late last year and it took over 1 month to process :( . If the 143 visa is only activated when we leave the border, my concern is that that might not be enough for us to buy plane tickets to NZ.

Would be so expensive and difficult to find plane tickets to my home country as well!

7 minutes ago, KathyN said:

I think as an Australian PR you can apply for and be granted a NZ visa quickly (a couple hours to a few days). I applied for a NZ visitor visa late last year and it took over 1 month to process 😞 . If the 143 visa is only activated when we leave the border, my concern is that that might not be enough for us to buy plane tickets to NZ.

Would be so expensive and difficult to find plane tickets to my home country as well!

Yes same thoughts here,  the anxiety never ends in this process, when I get it I will check VEVO am sure it will say PR as the status 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Reply from pvc team states that I have to leave to activate my visa in the next 3 months and before my police and medicals exp early Feb.

Really hope the NZ travel bubble opens up soon then! 

I’m surprised as I’m sure we had 12 months to validate?  Have they changed things?