Jump to content
Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

What has the budget statement done to parent visas queues? I can’t find any hard facts for parent visa caps, but it’s not looking good.

They are increasing the family stream planning level to 77,300 places, including 72,300 within the Partner category. And then it would appear of the 5,000 remaining places, 4,000 are allocated to children. So only 1,000 places for parents…??? this can’t be right?

I don't think so children visa numbers will become part of the family stream visas. Please see below screenshot of last year planning level (2019-20)in which they have only partner, parents and other family under family stream visas. 

image.thumb.png.aa7096e66213d35e76fe4ceac0c53092.png


143 Visa applied-02/06/2016, Further Documents requested- 06/07/2020, Further documents submitted- 21/07/2020, AOS approved- 28/08/2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

What has the budget statement done to parent visas queues? I can’t find any hard facts for parent visa caps, but it’s not looking good.

They are increasing the family stream planning level to 77,300 places, including 72,300 within the Partner category. And then it would appear of the 5,000 remaining places, 4,000 are allocated to children. So only 1,000 places for parents…??? this can’t be right?

Joint Press release by minister of immigration regarding immigration and the 2020 budget.

They didn't talk about where they gonna allocate those 5000 visas explicitly 

03......png

01....png


143 Applied on 24 July 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s just got worse  -new figures announced show parents visa allocations have dropped further - to 4500!! 

 

  • Sad 1

143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Thanks Alan - but its such depressing news 😢

The queue will seem almost never -ending - I wouldn’t  like to suggest how long the wait will be now!! 

I think I read somewhere that they will lose $310 Million in losing some visas but can’t remember which ones - what a shame - the parent visa contributions could have made some inroads into that !!  


143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Thanks Alan - but its such depressing news 😢

The queue will seem almost never -ending - I wouldn’t  like to suggest how long the wait will be now!! 

I think I read somewhere that they will lose $310 Million in losing some visas but can’t remember which ones - what a shame - the parent visa contributions could have made some inroads into that !!  

I recall that based on the total number of CP visa applicants x $43,600 per applicant the revenue to be collected amounts to more than $2B.

Maybe its time for another Productivity Commission review ...

Anna Boucher's submission to the last review (attached) is interesting.

I think lobbying of Government (via SBS perhaps?) might be required by those impacted in an effort to get some traction and a wider appreciation among the population.   It appears to have worked for partner visa applications, after all ...

Best regards.

subdr128-migrant-intake.pdf


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I recall that based on the total number of CP visa applicants x $43,600 per applicant the revenue to be collected amounts to more than $2B.

Maybe its time for another Productivity Commission review ...

Anna Boucher's submission to the last review (attached) is interesting.

I think lobbying of Government (via SBS perhaps?) might be required by those impacted in an effort to get some traction and a wider appreciation among the population.   It appears to have worked for partner visa applications, after all ...

Best regards.

subdr128-migrant-intake.pdf

Thanks Alan,  something to get stuck into -  a bit later in the day when my brain has woken up too!! 
 

Am I being fanciful when I suggest that when the borders do finally open there will be an influx of disgruntled Older 143 applicant “Visitors” who change to 804/864???  Yes there will be a longer wait as starting again in the queue - but at least they would be onshore with their families! I’ve always felt it to be somewhat unfair that some groups of parents have to wait offshore.   

 


143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Thanks Alan,  something to get stuck into -  a bit later in the day when my brain has woken up too!! 
 

Am I being fanciful when I suggest that when the borders do finally open there will be an influx of disgruntled Older 143 applicant “Visitors” who change to 804/864???  Yes there will be a longer wait as starting again in the queue - but at least they would be onshore with their families! I’ve always felt it to be somewhat unfair that some groups of parents have to wait offshore.   

 

I think that outcome is very possible, yes.

Remembering of course that some will already be subclass 870 visa holders, and such persons can't apply for a visa under subclass 804 or 864 - nor indeed for a 143.

Best regards.

  • Thanks 2

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, purplealster said:

Are the temporary 5 and 10 year parent visas included in this new quota?

*   There is no 10 year parent visa.

*   If you are referring to the subclass 870 visa - no, these aren't included.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I think that outcome is very possible, yes.

Remembering of course that some will already be subclass 870 visa holders, and such persons can't apply for a visa under subclass 804 or 864 - nor indeed for a 143.

Best regards.

Ah right interesting. And you have to have no further stay waived to be able to apply for 804/864 correct? So it's a bit of a gamble.


143 acknowledgement 16th July 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, this question is maybe not related to this topic but I dont know where to ask.

My mom she first came to Australia on Apr 1st 2012 and then left on Jun 19th 2012. She returned on Dec 20th 2014 to Jan 19th 2015. Both of her trips were on Visitor visas. Then on Oct 11st 2017 she returned  as a 143 visa holder and she has been living since then. There would no confusions for us as she is planning to apply for her citizenship on Oct 11st 2021 but I accidentally found out through the Residence Calculator that I put 11st Oct 2020 (should be 2021 but forgot to do so) for the intended lodgement date instead of 2021. And surprisingly, the calculator showed that she is qualified/eligible to apply for citizenship which means this Sunday.

 

Someone told me that when I input the Lawful Residence Date the temporary visa does not take into account for the visitor visa only for like student visa or others.

 

Could anyone be able to clarify this for me and my mom as on the homeaffairs website I could not find any information regarding to this matter (it only states the 1st lawful arrival on your temporary visa- so I dont know if visitor visa is ok or not).

 

Thank you very much

Liam 

Edited by liam12356

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arti said:

Ah right interesting. And you have to have no further stay waived to be able to apply for 804/864 correct? So it's a bit of a gamble.

Many won't have an 8503 on their visitor visas.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, liam12356 said:

Hi everyone, this question is maybe not related to this topic but I dont know where to ask.

My mom she first came to Australia on Apr 1st 2012 and then left on Jun 19th 2012. She returned on Dec 20th 2014 to Jan 19th 2015. Both of her trips were on Visitor visas. Then on Oct 11st 2017. There would no confusions for us as she is planning to apply for her citizenship on Oct 11st 2021 but I accidentally found out through the Residence Calculator that I put 11st Oct 2020 (should be 2021 but forgot to do so) for the intended lodgement date instead of 2021. And surprisingly, the calculator showed that she is qualified/eligible to apply for citizenship which means this Sunday.

 

Someone told me that when I input the Lawful Residence Date the temporary visa does not take into account for the visitor visa only for like student visa or others.

 

Could anyone be able to clarify this for me and my mom as on the homeaffairs website I could not find any information regarding to this matter (it only states the 1st lawful arrival on your temporary visa- so I dont know if visitor visa is ok or not).

 

Thank you very much

Liam 

Hi Liam.

I recommend that you please start a new thread.

Best regards.


Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Arti said:

Ah right interesting. And you have to have no further stay waived to be able to apply for 804/864 correct? So it's a bit of a gamble.

E visitors don’t usually have that condition!  That’s how most get into Australia to lodge 804/864

Nobody would get the no further stay waived on 870 as it’s time limited 

Edited by LindaH27

143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, purplealster said:

Are the temporary 5 and 10 year parent visas included in this new quota?

No they’re not - separate quota if 15000 per year.  Its 3 and 5 years only but can renew for total  time in Australia of 10 years. 
For new or fairly recent 143 applicants,  it’s entirely possible that their wait  time could exceed 10 years so they would have to leave then - could be pretty awful if they’ve spent 10 years making a life in Australia then  have to find somewhere to go back to !! . 

  • Sad 1

143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

*   There is no 10 year parent visa.

*   If you are referring to the subclass 870 visa - no, these aren't included.

Best regards.

Hi Alan, My apologies - yes, this is the one. I got the 10 years as that is the maximum time a parent can stay under the visa rules. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

No they’re not - separate quota if 15000 per year.  Its 3 and 5 years only but can renew for total  time in Australia of 10 years. 
For new or fairly recent 143 applicants,  it’s entirely possible that their wait  time could exceed 10 years so they would have to leave then - could be pretty awful if they’ve spent 10 years making a life in Australia then  have to find somewhere to go back to !! . 

Ok thank you. My Mum applied for the 143 in September 2016. So close to processing dates and yet so far! 

Edited by purplealster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

E visitors don’t usually have that condition!  That’s how most get into Australia to lodge 804/864

Nobody would get the no further stay waived on 870 as it’s time limited 

South Africans will almost certainly have this condition. My Mum has had it every time she has gotten a tourist visa - and she's been coming here twice a year for 15 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I just posted the message below in a different thread and think it should probably be in this thread instead, sorry for double post. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

my parents applied for 864 visa In 2019. It’s very difficult to find any information on how the processing is going and where things are up to. That said the information in some of these threads is good background for me.

 

with the latest budget prioritising onshore applications will that apply to 864 visa applicants? or will 864 visa processing remain on hold as advised in the above message?

 

does anyone have any insight as to whether the trade agreement being negotiated may change anything for family movement between Aus and UK?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteveD said:

Hi all,

I just posted the message below in a different thread and think it should probably be in this thread instead, sorry for double post. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

my parents applied for 864 visa In 2019. It’s very difficult to find any information on how the processing is going and where things are up to. That said the information in some of these threads is good background for me.

 

with the latest budget prioritising onshore applications will that apply to 864 visa applicants? or will 864 visa processing remain on hold as advised in the above message?

 

does anyone have any insight as to whether the trade agreement being negotiated may change anything for family movement between Aus and UK?

thanks

Its my understanding that on shore prioritising is for skilled migration and partners only and possibly only in certain Regional areas but hopefully one of the agents who regularly post on here will be able to clarify. 

With a 2019 application your parents could probably be looking at a wait of 10 or more years but at least they are onshore! .

I guess the main  concern is their ages and health when they reach the top of the queue and have to pass the medical to be granted PR. 


For the year ending 30 June 2020.  refusals of all parent visas jumped from from the usual 6% to 18% and only 3730 contributory visas out of a possible 6000 were granted - that figure was for all contributory parent visas (173 143 884 and 864) and of course it’s now dropped to 4500 but there has been no indication yet of how many in that 4500 will be contributory and how many  will be non contributory. With such a big drop in the available 6000 to 3730 I wonder whether there will also be a drop in the new lower availability as well. 
 

Its highly unlikely that any trade agreement  between Australia  and UK  would allow more family movement. Scott Morrison has said that even visitors from UK and US are highly unlikely to be admitted before 2022 - and then only with a  Vaccine. 

Edited by LindaH27

143 lodged 21 June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×