Guest guest36187

Hi Dan,

If the subclass 600 visa comes with an 8501 condition (maintain adequate health insurance) I have my doubts that a travel insurance will meet the requirements. I could be wrong but it’s certainly worth checking.

We used Allianz Overseas Visitor Cover. There will be others if you do a search.

In saying this, when we entered Australia on our 600 visa, fully armed with all the paperwork to prove we had medical insurance, we were never asked to show it. Having the benefit of this hindsight I would still take out the right medical insurance. It’s not worth the risk.

Your wife may be eligible for a reciprocal Medicare card. This is another thing worth checking. Even the reciprocal card give you good cover.

Good luck!

David
Many thanks David.
I have asked my migration agent twice, but he seems reluctant to reply.
Dan

12 hours ago, florafilan said:

My interviewer said the invitation would be sent the following week and it was sent on the following Monday.  From then you have 14 days to get the bank guarantee.  It won't be weeks or months.  Keep an close eye on it.  

I think everyone has a different experience of Aos as our two assurors weren’t even sure they’d had a interview! 🤪

23 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

how much time it usually took after we submit paper works .?? 

Friend of mine from SL applied 05.10.2015 and called for d further documents and medical on 18.07.2019. After submiting d required medical reports and Form 80 ,CO called d ASO  payment and now waiting for d final payment request.

• Thanks 1

On 12/09/2019 at 20:53, Sadge said:

One Way travel insurance anyone?

I've just spent the most frustrating 3 hours on the phone/internet trying to find insurance cover for my upcoming journey.

Virtually no company seems to offer one-way, and if they do the age limit appears to be 65.  Mention medical condition s and they can't get rid of you quickly enough.

If anybody had recently arranged cover I'd be very pleased to get recommendations.

TIA

Try “insureandgo.com”, I think that’s the one I used.  Alternatively “globelink.co.uk”.  I’ve just checked and they don’t seem to have an upper age limit.  Good luck. 

On 26/09/2019 at 07:47, Danny2729 said:

Many thanks David.
I have asked my migration agent twice, but he seems reluctant to reply.
Dan

David is correct, normal travel insurance is not sufficient. Most companies do not insure for trips more then a 90 days anyway? 

Try Bupa, Allianz and Australian Unity I think it was. Good luck.  

• Like 1

Can anyone who has filled in form 929 re change of passport help.  How do you know if homeaffairs have updated your passport number

they have said its 40 days processing. Good job I didn’t wait until the very end of my expiry date! 

Do you just cross your fingers and hope it has been done before returning to Australia ?? 🙄  Can’t see anywhere on my immi account that shows my passport number etc.,

thanks 

6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Can anyone who has filled in form 929 re change of passport help.  How do you know if homeaffairs have updated your passport number

they have said its 40 days processing. Good job I didn’t wait until the very end of my expiry date! 

Do you just cross your fingers and hope it has been done before returning to Australia ?? 🙄  Can’t see anywhere on my immi account that shows my passport number etc.,

thanks 

I sent in a Form 929 on 5th July, heard nothing back at all and just assumed it had been done. I then got an e-mail confirming the update on 17th September. A bit longer than the 40 days.

A pattern is emerging.

From the e-mail I recieved:

Your Form 929 has been processed and your details have been updated in the department’s systems. Please note that Passport changes may take 24-48 hours to be reflected in VEVO. This will not affect your travel.

You can check your own visa details with VEVO through the following link: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/VEVO
Edited by BillSueMac
Updated
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BillSueMac said:

I sent in a Form 929 on 5th July, heard nothing back at all and just assumed it had been done. I then got an e-mail confirming the update on 17th September. A bit longer than the 40 days.

A pattern is emerging.

Gosh thank you. I fly back to Oz Dec so hopefully should be ok or I will be starring in that TV programme re border control!. They have just slowed down in absolutely everything to do with migration etc., 😫

Edited by Kathss56

47 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Gosh thank you. I fly back to Oz Dec so hopefully should be ok or I will be starring in that TV programme re border control!. They have just slowed down in absolutely everything to do with migration etc., 😫

Weren’t you on that TV program last time with all those bags of food and birds nests?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

thanks 

Hi @Kathss56,

I assumed you already have a visa? You can verify your visa with new passport details using vevo check:

https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

You should also bring both passports when you travel.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Peter2 said:

Hi @Kathss56,

I assumed you already have a visa? You can verify your visa with new passport details using vevo check:

https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty?actionType=query

You should also bring both passports when you travel.

Hi @Peter2

Thanks for this information with the link, very helpful  

@Kathss56 I also wondered about this, as I emailed my new details, on the required Form, to the address advised, and having just checked Peter’s link, it still shows my old passport number. 

I sent my updated information on 16th July and also had a response advising of the 40 days for them to update. I’m going to email it again.

Cheers

Amanda  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AmandaJB said:

having just checked Peter’s link, it still shows my old passport number

Just to clarify, are you using new passport details for the vevo check? Last time I used it, if you use old passport details, it will show old passport number, and vice versa.

If you use new passport details and it says no visa found, etc, then most likely it haven't been updated.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Peter2 said:

Just to clarify, are you using new passport details for the vevo check? Last time I used it, if you use old passport details, it will show old passport number, and vice versa.

If you use new passport details and it says no visa found, etc, then most likely it haven't been updated.

I entered my new passport number first and it couldn’t locate it. I tried my old passport number and that worked so they’ve not updated it yet. Fortunately I’m not travelling out of Australia for some time yet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AmandaJB said:

I entered my new passport number first and it couldn’t locate it. I tried my old passport number and that worked so they’ve not updated it yet. Fortunately I’m not travelling out of Australia for some time yet. 

Let me know if it speeds it up my emailing them please. I’m travelling just before Xmas. Thanks 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

thanks 

Hi Kath,

Last year my father was in your same situation. He was advised to take both old and new passport and also his email informing Immi. 

He explained the situation at the gates And  there was no problem  as Immi staff said they will update it.( it was still showing the old passport number).  However after a couple of days he got an  email confirming that the records were updated. 

Hope this helps.

Judy. 

well 50 months now waiting for our 143!!! .....and we're still waiting for Aos to complete.  We assume our assurors had their phone interviews 3 weeks ago, and as we haven't heard anything we assume they are OK....BUT NOTHING is happening!  It becomes even more depressing and stressful as we are being made redundant at the end of October as our employer has ridden with us on this journey but can't continue to wait to develop his business!!  and so will have no job or home at this point...the job provided the home...so we will then be moving in with my husband's mother.  We never thought it would get to this as we originally were told 18 months!  The fact that we have no control over our lives is causing incredible mental stresses and all sorts of nightmares....we can't get a rented flat as we don't expect to be here for 6 months...but we don't know....we don't know whether to try and get short term jobs.....how long will we be in them?? as we hate letting people down and it's very unsettling.  We just wish we had a CO we could communicate with to find out some sort of timeline 😩😡😡😡😡 and that Immi would communicate!

• Sad 2

@Rosiejaq so sorry you are having such a struggle with everything.  Have you contacted the local MP,as people have done in the past?

If so, escalate this again with them.

Know how you feel,  I’m back in the UK on my 6months out of Oz  - Limbo land is awful! 

Really wishing you best of luck! 🤞

Kath

Edited by Kathss56
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@Rosiejaq so sorry you are having such a struggle with everything.  Have you contacted the local MP,as people have done in the past?

If so, escalate this again with them.

Know how you feel,  I’m back in the UK on my 6months out of Oz  - Limbo land is awful! 

Really wishing you best of luck! 🤞

Kath

We contacted MPs a few weeks ago and they came back saying all they could tell us was that we were being processed!!  Don't really know what to do now??  Thanks for your best wishes 🙂

10 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

We contacted MPs a few weeks ago and they came back saying all they could tell us was that we were being processed!!  Don't really know what to do now??  Thanks for your best wishes 🙂

I would ask them again to look into it in a more desperate tone 😟 

Guess you are still awaiting Aos accept letter? 

• Thanks 1