Guest guest36187

Shipping Excess Baggage.

Has anybody done a comparison of shipping charges for excess baggage (1 suitcase) UK to Australia, or know of a comparison site that I can use?  Air preferably but sea would be OK.  The cheapest I've found so far is Sevenseas at £106 plus $125 destination charges, by sea.

6 hours ago, Marilyn said:

A question please for all those that are settled etc. I have mentioned to my daughter she will need to have me added to one of her utility bills so that I can open up a bank account etc and she said she is unable to put me on her council tax or water bill as that is only for the home owners so that just leaves electricity bill - are there any other bills that you have been put on in the first instance - I know in the UK anyone living on a property must be on the council tax bill which would suffice.  TIA 

Not true. Many people have children including grown up children living at a UK property but they do not appear on the council tax bill. You have to declare they live there but they are not on the bill. I would imagine you could get a bank account without evidence of an Australian address. Have you checked the banks websites/contacted them to ask what new to the country people need.

Edited by Tulip1

21 minutes ago, ramot said:

Sadly it was reported in the paper today that Mollie Manley died peacefully earlier this week. 

She had a good long life and apparently was unaware of the deportation thing which would  have been horrendously stressful for the poor old soul.

• Like 2

We applied subclass 173 for my brother under 18 at the time of lodgement & father 5th August 2015 & contact by case officer end of February to submit medical & police clearance and form 80 which we submitted in 18th of March

we again received request for dependency questionnaire and documentary evidence end of may then we just submitted all documents. 

I Would like to ask the forum do anyone know how long usually takes from here to finalise the application? Please share your experience 

I really was so optimistic I would wake up to an email requesting payment - never have I been so eager to pay a fair amount for a bill as I was today. Have decided not to even try to fathom a guess on timelines anymore and will just continue to wait in anticipation. I am just thinking positive thoughts on how grateful I am to even have this opportunity. Positive vibes and more positive vibes. Have a great weekend all.

• Sad 2

I really feel for you Marilyn it must be so frustrating to be so near and yet still in the dark. We thought we would be living the dream by now not still waiting in the ever lengthening queue. Still every day that passes is a day closer to the dream.

I really hope you hear that you’re visa is ready and waiting in the next couple of weeks.💕

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

I really was so optimistic I would wake up to an email requesting payment - never have I been so eager to pay a fair amount for a bill as I was today. Have decided not to even try to fathom a guess on timelines anymore and will just continue to wait in anticipation. I am just thinking positive thoughts on how grateful I am to even have this opportunity. Positive vibes and more positive vibes. Have a great weekend all.

@Marilyn I saw on the forum a while ago that someone who was granted 173 immediately put in for 143 whilst in UK  - without having entered Australia to validate 173 -  and it was acknowledged by immi!! 

So maybe use your time now  to complete the 143 form and send it off as soon you get your 173 grant! Good luck and keep your chin up! I’m resigned to another 3 -4 years wait at least!! 

• Like 1

@LindaH27 Already done 2 months ago! Just need to fill in the grant number and date of arrival. It's helpful won't need to send any certified documents as there will not be any changes from 173 so it will be quick and painless - at least I will be in Australia whilst waiting for AOS. Thank you 

• Like 3

On 27/06/2019 at 16:54, Sadge said:

Shipping Excess Baggage.

Has anybody done a comparison of shipping charges for excess baggage (1 suitcase) UK to Australia, or know of a comparison site that I can use?  Air preferably but sea would be OK.  The cheapest I've found so far is Sevenseas at £106 plus $125 destination charges, by sea.

Try DHL and SENDMYBAG

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

On 24/06/2019 at 03:30, Anks said:

Thanks AMP, that's really handy if there is no minimum out of Aus stay requirement. Staying away for 6 months seems to be a long time with parents. The most vulnerable I would say..

Does anyone knows if there is a way to get that condition (8558) waived if we have applied for 143 and waiting?? 

You cannot get it waived if they issue the 600 visa and it does have that condition attached 

• Thanks 1

Hi, I know someone might have asked this before, but can you give me any idea if there is a time limit given for paying Aos and then 2nd VAC as we need to get our finances ready...and I’m not sure how soon!  Thanks[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Hi Rosiejaq,

We had 14 days to provide our Bank Guarantee for AoS.

We had 28 days to pay our second VAC.

The indeterminate time period is the one in between the two. For us it was 3 days.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

David
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hi Rosiejaq,

We had 14 days to provide our Bank Guarantee for AoS.

We had 28 days to pay our second VAC.

The indeterminate time period is the one in between the two. For us it was 3 days.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

David

Thanks David...we’d better get something sorted out then 🤪😎

Here's an update on processing times on an auto reply email today. 

Subclass 103

Subclass 804

Subclass 143

Subclass 173

Subclass 864

Subclass 884

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Application

31 March 2019

Queue Assessment

Lodged

Jun 2017

Lodged

Oct 2016

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Visa Assessment

Date Queued

Aug 2010

Date Queued

May 2012

Lodged 

Aug 2015

Lodged 

Aug 2015

Lodged

Dec 2016    

Lodged Dec 2016

Lodged Ma

On 26/06/2019 at 14:56, VLong said:

I was requested for more information(such as dependent child infor) in may , so i think they have a look on your docs and they will grant visa for us soon.I hope so 😞

What date did you submit your application ?