Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

We had problems with our AoS application which was rejected after months of waiting and being told it was being processed (daughter's income was just AUD1K too little in the previous year).  Our daughter asked if she could add another person onto the application and was told it was too difficult!  However I have read on the forum from months, maybe even years, ago that someone was able to add another person.  Fortunately our original application was rejected in May last year so we didn't have to wait long until the next tax year when our daughter's income was sufficient.  Ask the question, and if the answer is no then get straight on and submit another application - once our daughter re-submitted hers it went ahead pretty quickly.  Good luck.

Thanks Pertenhall.  Our daughter had the rejection letter but when she rang the number they said they only dealt with jobs, so she told them the  letter had given their number for Aos Enquiries.  The person the other end went away for an hour to read up on what Aos was and then rang back, but not very clear on things.  We have another number to try and a case officer name so hopefully our daughter will be able to get some straight answers but so far her Aos experience from Centrelink has been appalling.  😎

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ryanlee said:

@Marisawright thanks for your response, the strange thing is that 143 applicants whom applied on August 2015 have already received their invitations on Feb 2019 and some of them had their Visa finalised between May and June this year. However, still no September 2015 applicants has received an opportunity to provide further documents. 

We had this, applicants with lodgement dates after ours being invited to submit docs months before we were... When we queried it we were told not to worry visas were issued IN STRICT LODGEMENT DATE ORDER.....we knew this wasn't so, but try telling them that. It stands to reason anyone who already has the required docs in place are going to be sorted  quicker.... It was someones bright idea to speed up the process but it didn't work in everyone favour.  And remember probably not "all" applicants that applied in August 2015 received invitations..... there are many thousands of applicants and not all of them are on this forum.

Hi so we have been here for just over 3 months and I think we have everything sorted apart from private medical insurance. We registered with medicare straight away and have managed to find a bulk billed doctor in our area so now have to decide whether to take out insurance. Does anyone have any thoughts on this please. 

Hi Judy,
As others have said, whether you take out private medical insurance or not is down to the individuals. There is no right or wrong. Medicare will cover most things. Finding a bulk billing medical practice is good. The public system will look after you but you may have to wait (in some cases years) for non essential treatments.
Medicare won’t cover ambulance transport, dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractor and a number of other similar services.
Another thing I suggest you look at is Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) loading. This is a government initiative to encourage people to take out private medical insurance. Australian Residents up to the age of 30 don’t have LHC loading applied to their premiums. From the age of 31 if residents haven’t taken out private medical insurance 2% is added to the insurance premium for each year they continue without insurance up to a maximum loading of 70%. New migrants have 12 months from when they register with Medicare to take out private medical insurance or they will be hit with the LHC loading. As I understand it, this means if you wait for a few years before you finally take out insurance you will be hit with a hefty additional premium. I might not have explained it very well but I do encourage you to make yourself aware of it.
We took out Basic Hospital Cover with Dental as an extra. Emergency Ambulance is covered too.
I hope this helps
David
  • Like 2

On 14/05/2019 at 21:51, Emmys Gran said:

Of note, although we have been in Aus for nearly a year and have just popped over to New Zealand for four days to be given the visa, the grant notice states that our initial entry to Australia must be before 16 November 2019. That’s 6 months & 2 days after the visa was confirmed and, more interestingly, 18 months and 1 week from the date of our medicals and U.K. police checks

Yep same as us...our medicals were submitted May last year..Visa granted 29th May and given till 15th November to enter Australia.

We have applied for Contributory Parent Visa 143 in Feb-2016. It has been very long waiting time since then considering initial waiting time was 18 to 20 months. They are processing currently processing CPV for Aug-15.  Can anyone tell us when can we expect CO call to submit additional documents (PCC & Form-80) & Medical test??

Also, we have taken PCC of 4 countries before Two years expecting we will get call to submit docs. As we have not visited these countries after taking PCC,  CO will still insist One year validity PCC or will accept more than 2 years Old PCC considering we have never visited these countries after PCC is issued (since we have not visited these countries, crime is not possible in these countries after PCC were issued)

We have applied for Contributory Parent Visa 143 in Feb-2016. It has been very long waiting time since then considering initial waiting time was 18 to 20 months. They are processing currently processing CPV for Aug-15.  Can anyone tell us when can we expect CO call to submit additional documents (PCC & Form-80) & Medical test??
Also, we have taken PCC of 4 countries before Two years expecting we will get call to submit docs. As we have not visited these countries after taking PCC,  CO will still insist One year validity PCC or will accept more than 2 years Old PCC considering we have never visited these countries after PCC is issued (since we have not visited these countries, crime is not possible in these countries after PCC were issued)

It will be at least 3.5 years from your lodgement date, if not longer, before you hear anything. This would take you to August, but sadly I think this is rather optimistic. In my humble opinion I think it will be nearer November/December. It will not be a call from your CO, it will be an email requesting Form 80, Police Check(s), Health Check and you will be asked to commence your Assurance of Support application.

With regard to your ‘old’ PCC’s from other countries, I couldn’t say for sure whether they will be acceptable. The safe position to take up is to assume they will not be valid. I wouldn’t do anything more with PCC’s until you are requested to do so by Immi.

Good luck [emoji4]
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greece said:

Sadly quite a while yet! It’s taking 4 years for August 2015 applicants who were expecting 18- 24 months. The wait list has ballooned since 2015 (I think it doubled between June 2015 and June 2016) and the numbers of parent visas granted (173,143, 864 and 405/410 retiree visas) have fallen from around 7000 to 6000 per year as Australia is cutting immigration levels especially parents as they can cost Australia too much with potential future care and medical costs.  I suspect it’s going to take around 4.5 years or more from your lodgement date before you are contacted and it will take on average a further 6 months or more as AOS is also taking a long time.   

As far as PCC is concerned again I suspect immi will want something for the 12 months prior to actual processing. 

The contact will be via email to gather together the information.  You won’t get a CO until well into the actual processing. 

Its always best to wait till asked for various forms as many (eg Medicals) are time limited and will affect your actual eventual entry date. 

• Like 2

On 07/06/2019 at 22:25, Ray and Geri said:

We had this, applicants with lodgement dates after ours being invited to submit docs months before we were... When we queried it we were told not to worry visas were issued IN STRICT LODGEMENT DATE ORDER.....we knew this wasn't so, but try telling them that. It stands to reason anyone who already has the required docs in place are going to be sorted  quicker.... It was someones bright idea to speed up the process but it didn't work in everyone favour.  And remember probably not "all" applicants that applied in August 2015 received invitations..... there are many thousands of applicants and not all of them are on this forum.

Hi @Ray and Geri As per your signature, alot happened just in span of few days (Between 24th Apr 18 and 2nd May 18). Can you please shed some light how it was possible.

Did you had your Form 80 ready already? Did you send completed From 80 by email?

Again how was medical already booked for 25th Apr?

How long Police certificate take? Was it sent to you to be emailed/posted to Immigration dept or sent directly to immigration?

Was AoS submitted online?

Can anyone tell us please? 

1. When can we expect CO call to submit docs & medical test??  (CPV 143 apply & acknowledge in Feb-16)

2. PCC more than 2 year will be accepted by CO?? we have never visited these countries after PCC were issued.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks David & LInda.🙂🙂

Edited by Greece
Received response

3 minutes ago, Greece said:

Can anyone tell us please? 

1. When can we expect CO call to submit docs & medical test??  (CPV 143 apply & acknowledge in Feb-16)

2. PCC more than 2 year will be accepted by CO?? we have never visited these countries after PCC were issued.

Hi Greece

I think David Leask and LindaH27 have already answered your question before.

1.  "It will be at least 3.5 years from your lodgement date, if not longer, before you hear anything."

2. "As far as PCC is concerned again I suspect immi will want something for the 12 months prior to actual processing. "

Hi [mention=266427]Ray and Geri[/mention] As per your signature, alot happened just in span of few days (Between 24th Apr 18 and 2nd May 18). Can you please shed some light how it was possible.
Did you had your Form 80 ready already? Did you send completed From 80 by email?
How long Police certificate take? Was it sent to you to be emailed/posted to Immigration dept or sent directly to immigration?

I’m happy to share our experience with you.

We had our Form 80’s ready several months before hearing from Immi. We completed them online using the PDF forms, then printed and scanned them ready for emailing to Immi.

You can’t book medicals until you hear from Immi. With the email you’ll receive from Immi you will get a HAP number to use when you arrange the medical appointment. Depending on where you are you might get a quick appointment.

Our UK Police Check took around two weeks. The certificate will be posted to you, it won’t be emailed. You scan the certificate and email it to Immi.

Our daughter is our sponsor. She completed the AoS application online through her MyGov account.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck!
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, David Leask said:

I’m happy to share our experience with you.

We had our Form 80’s ready several months before hearing from Immi. We completed them online using the PDF forms, then printed and scanned them ready for emailing to Immi.

You can’t book medicals until you hear from Immi. With the email you’ll receive from Immi you will get a HAP number to use when you arrange the medical appointment. Depending on where you are you might get a quick appointment.

Our UK Police Check took around two weeks. The certificate will be posted to you, it won’t be emailed. You scan the certificate and email it to Immi.

Our daughter is our sponsor. She completed the AoS application online through her MyGov account.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck!

Thank you very much @David Leask . I think Form 80 is for each person included in the application?

With the police clearance, do we need one for each country you visited? My parents reside in India but have been to USA (more than 10 years ago), UAE (recent 1 week trip) and Australia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi @Ray and Geri As per your signature, alot happened just in span of few days (Between 24th Apr 18 and 2nd May 18). Can you please shed some light how it was possible.

Hi Amsaini,

I see David Leask has already answered this.... He pretty much had the same experience as us...  I had form 80 filled in and ready to go, just scanned it in and sent it by email....Medicals (£330 each).... I phoned up to make an appointment and they had a cancellation the next day.... ( re medicals...you don't have to send anything off it's all done by the medical centre ). Police checks were requested on line and we paid £80  (£40 each)  for a 2 day turn around ( although we should have saved ourselves £40 (£20 each) and gone for the 10 day option, hindsight is a wonderful thing  ) .... The certificates were posted to us ( one each ) very quickly, scanned in and sent online .  Our sponsor ( Daughter ) went into Centrelink  2nd May '18 with the completed AoS forms and Centrelink downloaded them and sent them off..... to be told there was an 18 week delay in processing, and that was just the start of a very frustrating 50 week delay till May this year.  .... ( see "My journey so far " pg 805 )....

Edited by Ray and Geri
missed info.
  • Like 2

Can I just add regarding Form 80 to make sure if you do complete it in advance when you are asked at that time to double check you are completing the latest copy. I did this and ended up having to redo it because page 1 had some new additions. It is worth doing it in advance as there is a lot of information to gather.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi Greece

I think David Leask and LindaH27 have already answered your question before.

1.  "It will be at least 3.5 years from your lodgement date, if not longer, before you hear anything."

2. "As far as PCC is concerned again I suspect immi will want something for the 12 months prior to actual processing. "

Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

Thank you very much [mention=255119]David Leask[/mention] . I think Form 80 is for each person included in the application?
With the police clearance, do we need one for each country you visited? My parents reside in India but have been to USA (more than 10 years ago), UAE (recent 1 week trip) and Australia.

Hi,

Yes, you need to complete a Form 80 for each person included in your application. There are some quite searching questions on the form and it’s worth gathering the information as early as you can. You don’t won’t to be scrambling around looking for information after Immi has contacted you.

I believe you need a Police Check for each country you have spent more than 12 months in in the past 10 years. This is worth checking but I think I am right.

David
  • Like 4

Hi All

I haven't been getting auto replies from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au since December 2018.  Have checked junk box and even tried using different email addresses but with no success. I am not sure what is the issue and worrying that a request for further info might slip through. Has anyone got a progress update for Visa 143?  The application was acknowledged in November 2015.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, florafilan said:

Hi All

I haven't been getting auto replies from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au since December 2018.  Have checked junk box and even tried using different email addresses but with no success. I am not sure what is the issue and worrying that a request for further info might slip through. Has anyone got a progress update for Visa 143?  The application was acknowledged in November 2015.

Thanks. 

I just sent one, I put 864 on the subject line and had an instant reply. That was the visa number I was previously applying for, but have PR now, so it didn’t make a difference as they still automatically replied to my email.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hi,

Yes, you need to complete a Form 80 for each person included in your application. There are some quite searching questions on the form and it’s worth gathering the information as early as you can. You don’t won’t to be scrambling around looking for information after Immi has contacted you.

I believe you need a Police Check for each country you have spent more than 12 months in in the past 10 years. This is worth checking but I think I am right.

David

Hi, where do you get the Form 80?

Thanks