Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, bry45 said:

Hi gafuk

Firstly, huge congrats on your visa news.

Regarding money transfers, we used Westpac and can not fault them. They advised us to open an account with their london (UK)  branch, which we did by phone. We were then appointed a personal bank rep who still email every month or so for an update. He guided us through what to do when we landed and we duly opened our Westpac oz account at our local branch.

You can transfer as much or as little as you wish, but the minimum to get the best rate is £5000. As we didn't need all our pounds at once, we decided to watch the exchange rate, so all we have to do now is transfer whatever amount we want to their london branch and they will automatically transfer it into our Westpac OZ account at 1 point below current exchange rate, with  no fees. 

We personally cannot recommend them highly enough.

Regards

I agree, Westpac are good and no international transfer fees ( $15 for ANZ ) but I would still question the exchange rate deal they offer compared with Transferwise.......but as always..... it's who you are happy/comfortable with.

• Like 3

I was single when i applied for my parents visa subclass 143 in Dec 2015.

Then, i got married in Apr 2017.

We will have a baby this Oct 2018

How does this new income rule apply in my situation as my personal circumstance has changed from single to married then with child. 

When I checked the income requirement for assurers on centrelink website, for two assurers (my partner and I) with a child, we will need to prove an income of appx $123K/year for FY 18. However, do i have to prove that i had the same income in the last 2 years F17 and F16?

1 hour ago, Suzy123 said:

How does this new income rule apply in my situation as my personal circumstance has changed from single to married then with child. 

When I checked the income requirement for assurers on centrelink website, for two assurers (my partner and I) with a child, we will need to prove an income of appx $123K/year for FY 18. However, do i have to prove that i had the same income in the last 2 years F17 and F16?

You will need to prove combined income of $118,687.42 for this financial year. And then same income for the past two financial years must be verified with a certificate from the tax office.

If you get called to complete AoS before baby is born, the income requirement will be reduced to $115,792.60.

Yes I also think you will need this income for 2yrs  but! As you can add your husband as an assurer (up to 3 people can assure yr parents -does not have to be a relative etc ) so both incomes conbined plus proof of Past 2yrs 

Edited by Kathss56

An agent did this for someone if it helps -bit less than you quote.B2613D27-D99D-4C25-B849-9C4B4AE251AE.thumb.png.16c5698fda62c60caa6fd4cd7585a604.png

Edited by Kathss56

On 15/04/2018 at 16:34, Ray and Geri said:

Don't want to depress you but we have been waiting nearly 3 years and still haven't heard anything from immi dept..... don't get your hopes up too soon, on the visa site they are quoting 36 to 39 months.

Hi Ray and Geri

i am looking at your timeline, it seems others ahead of you have had requests for documents etc, i am just after you, is it worth contacting immi?

6 hours ago, Bev50Bradley said:

Hi Ray and Geri

i am looking at your timeline, it seems others ahead of you have had requests for documents etc, i am just after you, is it worth contacting immi?

Hi Bev,

You can try... We have emailed twice now and just been fobbed off both times.... even when we asked specific questions they were ignored and we were basically told we would have to wait. They even had the cheek to tell us that visas were processed in strict date order.... which we know is a outright lie...... The replies we got just left us more frustrated than ever....  But if you do decide to try, good luck.

Ray.   

• Confused 1

Appreciate if someone can help me with a few questions:

- if my partner is not an australian resident, can he join me to be an assurer for my parents visa 143

- how long do they allow assuers to submit aos and provide evidence of assuers’ income

- If my finance is not sufficient to be an assurer for both my parents in the last 2 years, can i withdraw my application and resubmit it a few years later when i satisfy financial requirements?

- if my partner is not an australian resident, can he join me to be an assurer for my parents visa 143

- how long do they allow assuers to submit aos and provide evidence of assuers’ income

- If my finance is not sufficient to be an assurer for both my parents in the last 2 years, can i withdraw my application and resubmit it a few years later when i satisfy financial requirements?

58 minutes ago, Suzy123 said:

This is an interesting question, our son is a citizen and DIL is a NZ citizen with the right to live in Oz. Can she be an assurer? 

On the check list to be eligible as an assurer it does not ask for your Australian status

Any one know?

Edited by ramot

From gov website

Requirements for Qualification as an Assurer

There are a number of qualification requirements that a potential assurer must meet in order to provide an AoS to a migrant. They must:

• be over the age of 18 years
  • be either Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents living in Australia, including New Zealand citizens who are protected Special Category Visa (SCV) holders, and
  • they must also meet income test requirements to prove that they are financially capable of supporting the assurees and also repaying any social security debts which the assurees may claim during the AoS period
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

From gov website

Requirements for Qualification as an Assurer

There are a number of qualification requirements that a potential assurer must meet in order to provide an AoS to a migrant. They must:

• be over the age of 18 years
  • be either Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents living in Australia, including New Zealand citizens who are protected Special Category Visa (SCV) holders, and
  • they must also meet income test requirements to prove that they are financially capable of supporting the assurees and also repaying any social security debts which the assurees may claim during the AoS period

Thanks didn't think to type the right question! Blame my very long lunch out!!

• Haha 1

What type of visa is your partner on now? I think he will need to have PR to be an assurer.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Thanks 1

A question relating to assurance of support assurers income. Is the new single assurers limit of $88,291 based on assessable income or taxable income. As my son works for QLD health and he has salary sacrifice which includes fringe benefits, is that considered part of income for AOS income test??

Edited by sub7er

4 minutes ago, sub7er said:

A question relating to assurance of support assurers income. Is the new single assurers limit of $88,291 based on assessable income or taxable income. As my son works for QLD health and he has salary sacrifice which includes fringe benefits, is that considered part of income for AOS income test??

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30

As discussed here ...

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Hi Bev,

You can try... We have emailed twice now and just been fobbed off both times.... even when we asked specific questions they were ignored and we were basically told we would have to wait. They even had the cheek to tell us that visas were processed in strict date order.... which we know is a outright lie...... The replies we got just left us more frustrated than ever....  But if you do decide to try, good luck.

Ray.   

This is really getting ridiculous  Not to have been asked for further docs etc at the stage you are at is crazy.  Especially when you compare yourselves with HarrisL16 who applied after you and has already had the visa granted.  The whole thing seems to be getting out of hand both with Centrelink and IMMI.  Let's hope they sort things out soon.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Many thanks if someone can help me in few questions :                                                       Im dependant child and my sisters sponsor me and my parents in 26.03.2015                1 My sister get trouble in AOS and they just paid 18k aud and my question is when We have 2nd request . 

2 If i get PR i can go back my country stay here in 1 year can i get trouble because Im depend child 

1 hour ago, Tidang said:

Many thanks if someone can help me in few questions :                                                       Im dependant child and my sisters sponsor me and my parents in 26.03.2015                1 My sister get trouble in AOS and they just paid 18k aud and my question is when We have 2nd request . 

2 If i get PR i can go back my country stay here in 1 year can i get trouble because Im depend child 

If you now have AoS approved, you just have to wait for 2nd Vac request. Maybe a few days or it could be many weeks.

Immi says "If a permanent resident chooses to travel internationally, they need to ensure they have a permanent visa with a valid travel authority if they wish to return to Australia as a permanent resident". I think you will get a 5 year travel condition on your first PR so you should be able to return without getting trouble. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, just some advice for those family members who are soon to pay their AOS.

I work full time, so wanted to make the bond payment for the AOS as part of my mum’s visa application, and head straight to Centrelink with the proof, all in 1 afternoon. This was to minimise time away from work and not create more delays to an already lengthy process. (Comm bank are only open 9.30am-4pm!!!! too ) 

If you are looking to do this, I highly recommend you open up a Comm Bank account prior to setting up the bank guarantee. (You can close it again straight after the transfer.) 

Comm Bank won’t open the bank guarantee account unless you have all the money needed in your hand(cash/ bankers cheque) or are already a Comm Bank customer with the full amount of money sitting in the account, ready to do an instant transfer. 

My personal bank is online based and will do a 3hr telegraphic transfer, but the funds wouldn’t have been available for 24hrs, so Comm Bank said they wouldn’t sign off until the money was available to them, even though they would see it sitting in the account (grrr!) 

So Yesterday after some pleading with my other bank, we were able to get out $10k cash from the ATM to physically take to Comm Bank. 

I cant tell you the stress that brought on, for what should have been an easy process. 

I hope this info is helpful for anyone due to pay theirs soon, so you don’t have to run around like a crazy person begging for cash, as I did yesterday. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tidang said:

Hi Pertenhall why don't you get 2nd payment request because you lodege 12.03.2015 please give me the reason why ?????

We haven't even had our AoS approved yet!  15 weeks and waiting!

24 minutes ago, airlinegal said:

I work full time, so wanted to make the bond payment for the AOS as part of my mum’s visa application, and head straight to Centrelink with the proof, all in 1 afternoon. This was to minimise time away from work and not create more delays to an already lengthy process. (Comm bank are only open 9.30am-4pm!!!! too ) 

If you are looking to do this, I highly recommend you open up a Comm Bank account prior to setting up the bank guarantee. (You can close it again straight after the transfer.) 

Comm Bank won’t open the bank guarantee account unless you have all the money needed in your hand(cash/ bankers cheque) or are already a Comm Bank customer with the full amount of money sitting in the account, ready to do an instant transfer. 

My personal bank is online based and will do a 3hr telegraphic transfer, but the funds wouldn’t have been available for 24hrs, so Comm Bank said they wouldn’t sign off until the money was available to them, even though they would see it sitting in the account (grrr!) 

So Yesterday after some pleading with my other bank, we were able to get out $10k cash from the ATM to physically take to Comm Bank. 

I cant tell you the stress that brought on, for what should have been an easy process. 

I hope this info is helpful for anyone due to pay theirs soon, so you don’t have to run around like a crazy person begging for cash, as I did yesterday. 

Can you give us details of your dates - submission of application, additional forms, medicals, AoS etc.  Thanks.

Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear of your troubles in getting the bank guarantee account open.

Is it wrong for me to say I would trade that stress to be where you are in the process [emoji12][emoji12].
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tidang said:

I really appreciate your supports Susie Roo can i ask one more question : when we get visa granted can i go to australia without my parents. Because they have to sell their house to get money and go after me

Nah ! You can not. First entry should be with Parent.

• Thanks 1