Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Calmac said:

Thanks to all for comments and help...We each received the 651 visa this evening which made it only 24 hours or so...very satisfying. Booking now for Melbourne next week and you'll soon  see me on the school run in the Heidleberg/ Clifton Hill area!

143 app was May 2015...so hoping soon for some movement on that.

Thanks again!

Good luck...we’re not far behind you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

4 day move in a week, not brilliant :(

At least we are currently seeing progress week on week after months of apparent inactivity earlier this year. Plus the 173 to 143 visas have progressed 11 days from 20 Oct 2016 to 31 Oct 2016 this week. Hopefully this momentum will continue. 

• Like 5

On 11/1/2017 at 19:19, Pertenhall said:

Just done the application - mine came through instantly, so I can go!  Still waiting for hubbie's, but hopefully it won't take too long.

Hubbie's visa has come through now - so we can both head out to the Sunshine Coast in a month's time.  I won't have to go it alone!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wishfull said:

Have any retirees who have moved to Oz and are now permanent residents had any difficulty in acquiring a credit card from their bank and did they have a lengthy waiting period before this was granted?

If you have an American Express account overseas you can initiate a global transfer to set up an AMEX card in Australia. Friends who have moved to the US found this very useful as it is very difficult to build a decent credit score over there.

https://www.americanexpress.com/global-card-transfers/

Edited by Qflyer
  • Like 1

An update to the 103 visa queue date.

date                  Queue           Processed/withdrawn

01/05/09.                 40                           20

03/05/10               2140                          530

23/05/11                7960                            30

01/05/12               10280                            10

01/05/13               13500                            60

01/05/14                16020                           50

24/08/15                25150                          250

The queue reduced 950 in three months since they last updated . I presume the 250 reduced in 2015 reflects applicants moving over to the contributory visas

On 01/11/2017 at 21:57, Alan Collett said:

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30

Note the evidence of income requirements here.

Remember that anyone with assessable income in Australia can be the assurer.   The assurer doesn't have to be a family member, though often is.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan I suspected my daughter could be the assurrer though she had mat leave last tax year,  because she could use the previous year as proof. Just need to find her tax assessment or get a letter from her accountant I presume. Thanks again  for the peace of mind really appreciated. 

44 minutes ago, ant111 said:

Thanks Alan I suspected my daughter could be the assurrer though she had mat leave last tax year,  because she could use the previous year as proof. Just need to find her tax assessment or get a letter from her accountant I presume. Thanks again  for the peace of mind really appreciated. 

My daughter was our assurer during her mat leave. She got a letter from her accountant stating her usual income and they accepted it.

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised no one else have posted anything about the new temporary visa? I've had notification from my agent to say that the bill has not yet been approved.

Source – MIA

Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa – Bill not passed

The Department originally announced that the new five year Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa would be introduced at around this time. However, the Bill enabling the new visa to come into effect has not yet been approved by the Senate.

2nd disappointment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Suzyq said:

I'm surprised no one else have posted anything about the new temporary visa? I've had notification from my agent to say that the bill has not yet been approved.

Source – MIA

The Department originally announced that the new five year Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa would be introduced at around this time. However, the Bill enabling the new visa to come into effect has not yet been approved by the Senate.

2nd disappointment.

Very surprised as it would have made them money ?! 

However, it may now help 143 queue continue at this steady pace!

I know it’s disappointing  but the queue was moving painfully slow until the 2014 ones had gone so fingers crossed it speeds up for 2015-2016 ones!

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Source – MIA

2nd disappointment.

Oh no, I've been waiting to hear about this, as I'm sure have many others. Hugely disappointed. Thanks for the update Suzyq.

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2017 at 03:39, Quoll said:

Things that are not deemed necessary according to the schedule - things like joint replacements, gall bladder removals  and someone on another board reported that a biopsy for potential cancer wasn’t included. It’s pretty much what falls into the elective surgery basket. You never know and what you might think necessary often isn’t what the schedule thinks is necessary.

Thanks Quoll, that's really helpful to know.

19 minutes ago, PSHERE said:

Yes a big disappointment, I was waiting to hear about his also.  Does this mean that it will not be implemented or does it mean it has been delayed?  If anyone has any news I would appreciate if you could keep me updated.

I'm hoping it just means they haven't discussed it yet. There doesn't seem to be any real reason why it wouldn't go through, but one never knows with the Australian government! My daughter said there are issues around childcare ie expense and few places, which is one of the reasons for the new visa, as the government does seem to acknowledge that grandparents are a key source of helping with childcare. Just wish they'd get a move on! Can you shed any further light on this Alan Collett? 

15 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Very surprised as it would have made them money ?! 

However, it may now help 143 queue continue at this steady pace!

I know it’s disappointing  but the queue was moving painfully slow until the 2014 ones had gone so fingers crossed it speeds up for 2015-2016 ones!

The passing of the relevant legislation is not in the Government's hands.

I'm sending an email today to all who are on my temporary parent visa database.

Best regards.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:40, Catlady2014 said:

We arrived about 4 hours ago, and in all the excitement I actually forgot about the insurance for the trip!  I sold my car the day before I left the UK, which was cutting it fine to say the least.   It's now 2.30am and I'm still awake.  Good luck everybody still waiting, I'll be keeping an eye out and fingers crossed for you all.  

Hi catlady2014.  Many congrats on finally getting to OZ.  I would have messaged earlier but currently doing a dog grooming course so not on the site much in last 5 weeks but in my final week next week so can catch up more often.  Anyway enough about me.  I am really pleased for you and your family.  Good luck and best wishes in your new life.  Hopefully myself and my husband will be following next year. xx

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PSHERE said:

Congratulations.  It is really great to hear when someone makes it.  It is beginning to feel a little like 'The Great Escape'.  Have a lovely life over there.

I know it seems forever for you but time does really fly fast, especially when you get to a certain age!,  ;)

• Like 5

On 01/11/2017 at 22:45, The Pom Queen said:

@AMP would I be able to come lol. Although I'm in a wheelchair so would  need to get someone to bring me. In fact I will see if I can maybe get a thread going for it just let me know a date. Maybe we can get some sponsorship leave it with me. I may have to whisper sweet things in to @John from Moneycorp S ear. Southbank seems good. As it's easy to get to on the train. @Catlady2014 it would be lovely to finally see you. 

Sorry for the delay in replying  - I haven’t been on the site for over a week. Life is just so full since I made the move over here, plus I’m no longer as neurotic as I was about watching every single development relating to moving to Oz.

Anyway, in reply to your request to join us then I don’t see why not.  I need to take myself down to Southbank so I can identify a good place for us to meet up - and will make sure the location is definitely wheelchair friendly. Will try to go next week and then we can identify a date.

Will look forward to meeting you and the others who decide to join us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AMP said:

Sorry for the delay in replying  - I haven’t been on the site for over a week. Life is just so full since I made the move over here, plus I’m no longer as neurotic as I was about watching every single development relating to moving to Oz.

Anyway, in reply to your request to join us then I don’t see why not.  I need to take myself down to Southbank so I can identify a good place for us to meet up - and will make sure the location is definitely wheelchair friendly. Will try to go next week and then we can identify a date.

Although travelling to Sydney for 6 weeks over the Christmas period, I am possibly coming to Brisbane for a couple of days during that time. Depending on which date you arrange, I would love to join you all if that's OK. Would be lovely to meet you all.

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Glad you are so busy. Looking forward to that feeling!

Current daily routine in the UK .........

check pomsinz

check Rightmove to see if any local houses gone up for sale

check Realestate.au for houses I can’t afford!

check XE for dollar rate

look for a car I may buy over in Oz and so on and so on,

I am my own worse enemy ! :arghh:

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Glad you are so busy. Looking forward to that feeling!

Current daily routine in the UK .........

check pomsinz

check Rightmove to see if any local houses gone up for sale

check Realestate.au for houses I can’t afford!

check XE for dollar rate

look for a car I may buy over in Oz and so on and so on,

I am my own worse enemy ! :arghh:

Your definitely not alone , my day exactly ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1