Guest guest36187

40 minutes ago, Paur said:

Hi, my mother-in-law has been waiting to see what happens with the new temporary parent visa but now she's thinking she might be better to just take the chance and come out on the visitor visa, apply for the aged parent visa 804 when she gets here and go on the bridging visa.

I have a few questions I'm hoping for some help on :-)  If she was to go for this option does anyone know when would she be asked to undertake a medical? Also what sorts of health issues would give her a problem in passing the medical? She has arthritis, COPD, recent hip replacement and an eye condition.

What are the main issues with going down this route? 

I would definitely seek professional advice from an agent re your Mums health.  @Alan Collett at Go Matilda would be able to advise i’m sure 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2017 at 01:59, Kpnuts said:

Well that’s it! One day in Bali and the143 has been granted. I cannot say this has been the best experience with many soul searching and frustrating moments.

My only advice to those just starting out - if the current process remains the same, don’t anticipate your grant date. If I were to do this again, I wouldn’t have sold up in the UK. I wouldn’t have travelled to AU on a 600 visa in anticipation. Don’t preempt the Medicals or police checks, just wait until you are instructed by Immigration. After a wait of over two years I thought that by travelling to AU was a clever thing to do. In the end, I had to fork out for more UK police checks and also obtain AU police checks as we had built up a cumulative period of over 12 months. Even with a 12 month 600 visa I thought it was going to be a walk in the park, instead, we were only a couple of months away from having to leave AU for 6 months.

I reckon I have wasted a total of £10k instead of sitting tight at home.

Anyway, I will keep this site in view and hopefully assist others in a very long queue. Good luck.

Congratulations Kpnuts!

Thank you for the advise and it is incredibly considerate to be thinking of others when you have so much gonging on right now.

This is such a difficult question for us (and many others) planning if we should go for a long holiday on a 600 visa. But, as you say, it's because we are trying to preempt our visa grant date. I don't think we would ever considered this if we had started with a 36 months processing time set in our minds.

It has been frustrating trying to plan move in 18 months, then 24 months and now 36 months (if we are lucky) and house sales are a little slow here now. 

So your advise is very welcome and helpful.

Anyway best wishes for your new adventure.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 6

Word of warning re e651 visa.  Mine wasn’t instant again as in the past 10yrs it’s only took minutes to come through, luckily it only took 4 days this time. 

Last year it took 2weeks but luckily came through 2 days before flight ! Don’t rely on it being instant if you are applying for one allow a few weeks. they do random manual processing and have stated they are getting busy for Xmas period 

I have just answered a query on here re someone having a nervous breakdown awaiting visa for a flight 8nov -applied weeks ago,

Be aware folks,??

• Like 3

Hi All and Alan Collect , I applied 7th Feb 2015 and note that WA parents are assessing up to the 12th. Not heard anything yet. Any ideas when they'll get to me for police certs etc.. Also my daughter my assured had a years mat leave last tax year, am I right that she can use the previous tax year for proof of income with this years pay slips to prove income? Btw Ive been back and forward on a 600 visa. Ping pong pomming because of the 12mth in 18 rule. If I can help any one with related questions give us a shout but please allow for an answer about my assurers proof first . Thank you. By the way I have known Alan Collett for years, he helped my son get his visa .I highly recommend him and his company

• Like 3

Thanks Zack. I've emailed WA Parents visas before now so their emails should go into  my inbox. Checked Junk mail though and the email from pomz in oz notifying me of your answer was there  Ha!! Could someone who knows for sure please confirm can my assure use a previous tax year for proof of income. Thanks

2 hours ago, ant111 said:

Thanks Zack. I've emailed WA Parents visas before now so their emails should go into  my inbox. Checked Junk mail though and the email from pomz in oz notifying me of your answer was there  Ha!! Could someone who knows for sure please confirm can my assure use a previous tax year for proof of income. Thanks

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/30

Note the evidence of income requirements here.

Remember that anyone with assessable income in Australia can be the assurer.   The assurer doesn't have to be a family member, though often is.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Guest The Pom Queen
On 30/10/2017 at 08:44, AMP said:

That would be great.  I’ll try to sort out an appropriate meeting point and will propose a date and time for PiO in Brisbane get together! 

@AMP would I be able to come lol. Although I'm in a wheelchair so would  need to get someone to bring me. In fact I will see if I can maybe get a thread going for it just let me know a date. Maybe we can get some sponsorship leave it with me. I may have to whisper sweet things in to @John from Moneycorp S ear. Southbank seems good. As it's easy to get to on the train. @Catlady2014 it would be lovely to finally see you. 

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, ant111 said:

Hi All and Alan Collect , I applied 7th Feb 2015 and note that WA parents are assessing up to the 12th. Not heard anything yet. Any ideas when they'll get to me for police certs etc.. Also my daughter my assured had a years mat leave last tax year, am I right that she can use the previous tax year for proof of income with this years pay slips to prove income? Btw Ive been back and forward on a 600 visa. Ping pong pomming because of the 12mth in 18 rule. If I can help any one with related questions give us a shout but please allow for an answer about my assurers proof first . Thank you. By the way I have known Alan Collett for years, he helped my son get his visa .I highly recommend him and his company

Welcome on board @ant111 I am glad Alan got you to join up. If you are in Perth maybe you could come along to the next PIO meet at the beginning of 2018.

20 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Word of warning re e651 visa.  Mine wasn’t instant again as in the past 10yrs it’s only took minutes to come through, luckily it only took 4 days this time. 

Last year it took 2weeks but luckily came through 2 days before flight ! Don’t rely on it being instant if you are applying for one allow a few weeks. they do random manual processing and have stated they are getting busy for Xmas period 

I have just answered a query on here re someone having a nervous breakdown awaiting visa for a flight 8nov -applied weeks ago,

Be aware folks,??

Thanks for this Kath - we must get onto it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

@AMP would I be able to come lol. Although I'm in a wheelchair so would  need to get someone to bring me. In fact I will see if I can maybe get a thread going for it just let me know a date. Maybe we can get some sponsorship leave it with me. I may have to whisper sweet things in to @John from Moneycorp S ear. Southbank seems good. As it's easy to get to on the train. @Catlady2014 it would be lovely to finally see you. 

Sounds like a great idea!   It would be lovely to see everyone.  

• Like 2

I'm assuming they can visit as tourists as often as they like (to the extent that an ETA allows) - do my parents have to flag upcoming visits with IMMI as whilst waiting for their application to be processed? They don't tend to stay more than a fortnight at a time.

Edited by Qflyer
  • Like 2

On 31/10/2017 at 21:58, Quoll said:

Not so much the health issues passing the medical but the health issues which wouldn’t be covered by Medicare. Talk to an agent definitely. There is always a risk when arriving on a tourist visa and lying about your intentions to be a tourist.

Hi Quoll, what wouldn't be covered on Medicare under the reciprocal agreement with the UK?

15 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Fab! It usually is instant but you just never know ??

Applied at about 9 pm last night for myself and other half and as yet have received nothing....so it's unfortunately not instant in this case A pity as we've had an SOS call to help out with grandparent duties.

18 minutes ago, Calmac said:

Applied at about 9 pm last night for myself and other half and as yet have received nothing....so it's unfortunately not instant in this case A pity as we've had an SOS call to help out with grandparent duties.

Mine came on day 4. One business day processing supposedly so still chance to come through tmrw for you. Fingers crossed ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calmac said:

We managed to get our e651 while at the check-in desk last year. Husband managed to get his dates muddled and we turned up for our flight with out-of-date visas. Qatar staff at EDI were extremely helpful (This was on a Sunday too). So this may be worth a shot in emergency, to save missing your flight.

11 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

We managed to get our e651 while at the check-in desk last year. Husband managed to get his dates muddled and we turned up for our flight with out-of-date visas. Qatar staff at EDI were extremely helpful (This was on a Sunday too). So this may be worth a shot in emergency, to save missing your flight.

@Calmac You can buy from them or any high street travel agent

BUT if you have already lodged one online with IMMI   You have to upload a certain form number cancelling that current one in their system.

Otherwise it goes against you as having a failed visa application. 

The Australian office in London told me that. I have a Tel number for them if needed.

Kath

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Our first trip out, years ago, we stupidly didn't realise we needed visas and they sorted them out at LHR.  However - it was quite costly.  Hopefully all of us who have applied will get them through in time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

@Calmac You can buy from them or any high street travel agent

BUT if you have already lodged one online with IMMI   You have to upload a certain form number cancelling that current one in their system.

Otherwise it goes against you as having a failed visa application. 

The Australian office in London told me that. I have a Tel number for them if needed.

Kath

Thanks...I'll give it a day or so to see how we get on!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paur said:

Hi Quoll, what wouldn't be covered on Medicare under the reciprocal agreement with the UK?

Things that are not deemed necessary according to the schedule - things like joint replacements, gall bladder removals  and someone on another board reported that a biopsy for potential cancer wasn’t included. It’s pretty much what falls into the elective surgery basket. You never know and what you might think necessary often isn’t what the schedule thinks is necessary.

Thanks to all for comments and help...We each received the 651 visa this evening which made it only 24 hours or so...very satisfying. Booking now for Melbourne next week and you'll soon  see me on the school run in the Heidleberg/ Clifton Hill area!

143 app was May 2015...so hoping soon for some movement on that.

Thanks again!

Edited by Calmac
Spelling
  • Like 4