Guest guest36187

6 hours ago, bry45 said:

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, things have been hectic for the last few weeks. I've been reading all your posts with the various ups and downs and its good to see at least some of us poms are no longer waiting.

Anyway, our latest update shouldn't change, flights are booked and we're off on Sep 5th. PSS (brilliant) picked up everything the boss said had to be shipped last Friday and the bags are packed. Looking forward to the new adventure and our granddaughter is now crawling, so me and her grandma will be kept fit and active for the foreseeable.. That's it I suppose, I'll post again when we get there.

Good luck best wishes to you all ??

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fisher1 said:

We've had a bit of a set back this week ... We've been too ill to sort out Medicare or anything - too busy trying to overcome some horrible flu bug thing which has kept my husband in bed for two days (unheard off) and made me feel like death warmed up. Daughter currently four days to due date also feeling ill - her partner is okay but at work all day. We're all absolutely shattered looking after a miserable sick two year old ... Ah well it can only get better!

Wishing you all a speedy recovery and best wishes for the coming new arrival ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2017 at 11:18, Lynn Moore said:

Hi All

I need some advice if possible.  Myself and my husband will be in this waiting room until next year.  Not that I am complaining much as you are all a lovely bunch and it makes me so happy when I read someone has reached the end of the waiting room and is off to new adventures.  Anyway,  I am doing a dog grooming course in October in preparation for our move but my husband is a HGV driver for 31 years.  He will be 57 when we move over and we are worried his age will go against him as we will have to work until we receive our pensions.  For people who are already over there or may know something do you foresee this as a problem.  Because if he cannot get a job we will have been in the longest waiting room for nothing and will not be able to move.  Any advice is very much appreciated.

No first hand experience as I'm still in the waiting room. Being in our early sixties,  I have been a bit worried about jobs as my wife and I are both intending to work when we eventually get to Perth. I have posted here and on other forums and the feedback I have had is that some ageism does exist and with the downturn in the mining and therefore the Perth economy I may have some trouble getting something. However having been on holiday the last couple of years I have made some friends and have two or three possibilities already in the pipeline. I don't know where your heading but everything goes by truck and when you start building your network surely "who you know and not just what you know" will provide some openings. Especially your husband with his experience and a HGV licence will stand a great chance of employment.  From what I've seen the Australian austerity is not like ours and there still seems to be plenty of money around.  Jobs are there and hopefully you both and us both will stumble into something quickly. We will all be millionaires before we get our UK pensions .

Good luck anyway.

• Like 2

Hello Everyone. It’s been an extremely busy time at work so I’ve not been posting for a while. Good to read Fisher1’s are finding their feet and sorry to hear about the virus. You should consider taking a little time out to relax and maybe take a holiday in Noosa.

I need some help from this wonderful parent visa club and my apologies for the repetition, as I know this topic has been covered before in this thread.

We have found a block of land (building plot) that we are considering buying now, notwithstanding we are still 18/24 months from obtaining our visas. Our thinking is that with prices steadily rising in Australia, buying now will save money long term. And even if something goes wrong with our visa application, we should still be able to sell without loosing too much.

Anyone know what the pros and cons are for buying land as an overseas investor? I think there was some mention of additional taxes. How much stamp duty (or the equivalency) is there on vacant land. Would it be better if our son were to be the official owner? Any input would be appreciated.

Also anyone know if it would be normal to haggle in Australia, or are the asking prices generally fixed?

13 hours ago, gafuk said:

No first hand experience as I'm still in the waiting room. Being in our early sixties,  I have been a bit worried about jobs as my wife and I are both intending to work when we eventually get to Perth. I have posted here and on other forums and the feedback I have had is that some ageism does exist and with the downturn in the mining and therefore the Perth economy I may have some trouble getting something. However having been on holiday the last couple of years I have made some friends and have two or three possibilities already in the pipeline. I don't know where your heading but everything goes by truck and when you start building your network surely "who you know and not just what you know" will provide some openings. Especially your husband with his experience and a HGV licence will stand a great chance of employment.  From what I've seen the Australian austerity is not like ours and there still seems to be plenty of money around.  Jobs are there and hopefully you both and us both will stumble into something quickly. We will all be millionaires before we get our UK pensions .

Good luck anyway.

Thanks for the feedback we are moving to Adelaide.  Its much appreciated. Millionaires, if only.  Good luck to you also.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, superman2016 said:

No update since 02/08/2017,  endless waiting.

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 November 2014."

Kevin

Only one movement since beginning of new financial year. Very disappointing. They were processing up to 22 September 2014 at the beginning of April, now five months later they are up to 25 November 2014. At this rate its going to take us well over six years.

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Only one movement since beginning of new financial year. Very disappointing. They were processing up to 22 September 2014 at the beginning of April, now five months later they are up to 25 November 2014. At this rate its going to take us well over six years.

is that last months update or this months, because it was 25th nov last month, i cant see it not moving at all. hope im wrong.

4 hours ago, kimboslice said:

is that last months update or this months, because it was 25th nov last month, i cant see it not moving at all. hope im wrong.

That's from immi's test email three days ago, so it's only moved once since 1st of July which was the start of a visa year. Not what I was expecting. In fact looking back I can see the queue has only move forward by six months since last September. So it you work out how far from 25th Nov 2014 your lodgement date is now, then x2, and that's how long you may have to wait.

11 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

That's from immi's test email three days ago, so it's only moved once since 1st of July which was the start of a visa year. Not what I was expecting. In fact looking back I can see the queue has only move forward by six months since last September. So it you work out how far from 25th Nov 2014 your lodgement date is now, then x2, and that's how long you may have to wait.

about 20 months wait for me then, :(

01/12/2014 - 143 date of lodgement.
04/07/2017 - Invitation to supply further docs: Form 40, police checks, medicals.
13/07/2017 - AOS lodged with Centrelink and all docs returned to IMMI.
30/08/2017 - after no response or acknowledgement from Centrelink, my daughter phoned them to chase.
05/09/2017 - letter from Centrelink asking to provide more payslips and to arrange telephone interviews.
To date, nothing heard from IMMI.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

1 hour ago, Kpnuts said:

01/12/2014 - 143 date of lodgement.
04/07/2017 - Invitation to supply further docs: Form 40, police checks, medicals.
13/07/2017 - AOS lodged with Centrelink and all docs returned to IMMI.
30/08/2017 - after no response or acknowledgement from Centrelink, my daughter phoned them to chase.
05/09/2017 - letter from Centrelink asking to provide more payslips and to arrange telephone interviews.
To date, nothing heard from IMMI.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi Kpnuts, do u know how much income do you need to have to sponsor for 2 adults and 1 chid?

• Like 1