Guest guest36187

Hi, new to the forum but have been a lurker for a while. I would be grateful for any info regarding the process for CPV 143 visa. I applied for this visa in April of this year and received acknowledgement in June. A short while later I received a request for form 80 and also a letter instructing me to have my assurer contact Centrelink (with the original letter) no later than Feb next year and arrange the support. Is his normal? I ask as I was not expecting any contact for at least 12 months. Thanks in advance

Our CPV 143 was acknowledged on 24 May 2012, and the email we received from DIAC was last week 22 August, to arrange our medicals, CRB check and to forward the letter to our assurer. We also have to fill out form 80.

It could be that DIAC have changed the way they process the CPV 143 visa, which seems a lot better than being left in limbo and waiting 15 months to be contacted.

Good luck with your Visa, we are hoping ours will be sorted in the next few months.

Our CPV 143 was acknowledged on 24 May 2012, and the email we received from DIAC was last week 22 August, to arrange our medicals, CRB check and to forward the letter to our assurer. We also have to fill out form 80.

It could be that DIAC have changed the way they process the CPV 143 visa, which seems a lot better than being left in limbo and waiting 15 months to be contacted.

Good luck with your Visa, we are hoping ours will be sorted in the next few months.

Dear Mozza

As far as I understand the police verification and medicals are valid for one year only.Have DIAC asked you to submit both of them straight away or some time line has been prescribed?

Regards

It does sound like DIAC have changed the way they administer the processing of the visa. Just take care when getting medicals and police checks. They are valid for a year but also the initial date of entry they give you to validate the visa, once it has been granted has usually been one year from the date of the medical or police check whichever is the earliest, so it would not be a good idea to get them too early unless you are planning to enter Australia very soon after visa grant.

Hi, new to the forum but have been a lurker for a while. I would be grateful for any info regarding the process for CPV 143 visa. I applied for this visa in April of this year and received acknowledgement in June. A short while later I received a request for form 80 and also a letter instructing me to have my assurer contact Centrelink (with the original letter) no later than Feb next year and arrange the support. Is his normal? I ask as I was not expecting any contact for at least 12 months. Thanks in advance

Hello Brumby

Oooh, doesn't it get more confusing and fuzzy around the edges! We applied in June, so waiting with bated breathe after reading your experience. It will still be a long wait though I :confused:

Regards Caro

Hello Brumby

Oooh, doesn't it get more confusing and fuzzy around the edges! We applied in June, so waiting with bated breathe after reading your experience. It will still be a long wait though I :confused:

Regards Caro

Dear Carob

I am not MARA agent. In my earlier posts I have done simple maths w.r.t. the number of visa places available and the number of the applicants in the waiting list as per the published figures of DIAC. The average time for grant of VISA from the date of acknowledgement comes to 16-17 months. Exceptions excluded.In case of MOZZA the acknowledgement date is 24 may 2012. So 15 months have already passed. MOZZA`s case is now overdue for grant of visa. In my humble opinion as soon as police verification and medicals are successfully completed then the AOS should be quickly wrapped up so that call for second VAC can materialize at the earliest. How much quickness MOZZA should show would depend on target date of visa validation decided by the applicant as correctly pointed out by LINDAY in the foregoing post.Somehow I am of the firm opinion that such issues which are contingent upon political vagaries should be quickly concluded. Who knows how much tightening the new Govt. in Canberra might do. The honeymoon period of commodity boom is over. Au economy is slowing. There are firm voices about forthcoming recession. Parents are not considered as potential tax payers as they are generally past the working age.They are expected to lead retired life.Steep rise in visa application fees is an indicator of things to come.Why go far, here in UK inbound migration of parents of the citizens is not allowed from non EU countries unless proof of financial dependency on the sponsoring UK citizen can be established showing that the sponsor is financially supporting the parent for last ten years.In any case, as a parent, whatever may be the " ifs" and "buts" and "whys" and "wherefores " I very strongly feel that in twilight years of our life sooner we are near our progeny the better it is.

Regards and best wishes

Hi Carob,

Have you heard anything yet re acknowledgement? we are a bit concerned too as our application money has gone out of our credit card account and as of yet no acknowledgement email/letter... we have email immi to make sure they haven forgotten us lol lol keep in touch

Tab

Hi Tab

Have you heard anything yet? We lodged in June and the fee was deducted from the account but nothing heard from immi since. Dont mind saying I am getting a little freaked

Dear Carob

I am not MARA agent. In my earlier posts I have done simple maths w.r.t. the number of visa places available and the number of the applicants in the waiting list as per the published figures of DIAC. The average time for grant of VISA from the date of acknowledgement comes to 16-17 months. Exceptions excluded.In case of MOZZA the acknowledgement date is 24 may 2012. So 15 months have already passed. MOZZA`s case is now overdue for grant of visa. In my humble opinion as soon as police verification and medicals are successfully completed then the AOS should be quickly wrapped up so that call for second VAC can materialize at the earliest. How much quickness MOZZA should show would depend on target date of visa validation decided by the applicant as correctly pointed out by LINDAY in the foregoing post.Somehow I am of the firm opinion that such issues which are contingent upon political vagaries should be quickly concluded. Who knows how much tightening the new Govt. in Canberra might do. The honeymoon period of commodity boom is over. Au economy is slowing. There are firm voices about forthcoming recession. Parents are not considered as potential tax payers as they are generally past the working age.They are expected to lead retired life.Steep rise in visa application fees is an indicator of things to come.Why go far, here in UK inbound migration of parents of the citizens is not allowed from non EU countries unless proof of financial dependency on the sponsoring UK citizen can be established showing that the sponsor is financially supporting the parent for last ten years.In any case, as a parent, whatever may be the " ifs" and "buts" and "whys" and "wherefores " I very strongly feel that in twilight years of our life sooner we are near our progeny the better it is.

Regards and best wishes

Hi there MMant, thank you for your very informative reply. Regards C.

Hi Junglist. Nope, not heard anything yet, so in the same boat as you and Tab with a similar time scale. As is also Veronique, but on another thread. I have high hopes that we will hear something within the next couple of weeks, but have nothing to base this on!! Optimism is a wonderful thing! Regards Caro

Hi all still waiting for acknowledgement,

well..... not really, as my application got to them oooh would you believe on 01/07/13 (the date the increase of visa)i hadan email saying that i needed to pay the extra amount so i emailed back agreeing to this, then didnt hear anything so i emailed back making sure they actually got my email but the reply was `i no longer work at immi` so i then emailed immi asking if they did infact get my email had a reply of sorts saying not enough info need full names of applicants ????????? and passport numbers?? didnt understand this as all over the application are the full names......so they wanted those pages sending again which i did via email but they said they couldnt open them and needed to have hard copies ...arghhhhh !!!!! so my daughter re sent hard copies and tracked them and they have now got there.... still waiting to hear, but in the mean time before them asking for more info they have infact taken the money already out the bank ??........so who knows whats happening now.

still waiting for acknowledgement

Tab x

Edited by tabitha10
names

Hi Junglist. Nope, not heard anything yet, so in the same boat as you and Tab with a similar time scale. As is also Veronique, but on another thread. I have high hopes that we will hear something within the next couple of weeks, but have nothing to base this on!! Optimism is a wonderful thing! Regards Caro

Thanks Caro (and Tab), much appreciated. I will keep one eye on this site and if mine comes through I will let you both know.

OK, bit more relaxed now :cool:

Hello everyone who is waiting their acknowledgement. Today my daughter in Perth rang to say that she has received hard copies from DIAC with OUR TIME LINE. WOW!! That is funny seeing how I had only just said I was expecting to hear shortly. They have obviously changed how they do things, and it seems much clearer. I list below what they have said.

FORM 80 to be completed and sent immediately (another 18 page challenge!!)

POLICE CHECKS by March 2014. MEDICALS and ASSURANCE OF SUPPORT by June 2014.

So there is hope for all who are waiting. This new system,( if that is what it is) is a lot clearer I think. Now to update my info on the Chireckles site.

Hello everyone who is waiting their acknowledgement. Today my daughter in Perth rang to say that she has received hard copies from DIAC with OUR TIME LINE. WOW!! That is funny seeing how I had only just said I was expecting to hear shortly. They have obviously changed how they do things, and it seems much clearer. I list below what they have said.

FORM 80 to be completed and sent immediately (another 18 page challenge!!)

POLICE CHECKS by March 2014. MEDICALS and ASSURANCE OF SUPPORT by June 2014.

So there is hope for all who are waiting. This new system,( if that is what it is) is a lot clearer I think. Now to update my info on the Chireckles site.

whoop whoop congratulations, about time too eh?

how strange you were only just saying the other day too ha ha

now the fun begins.....

Tab x

Hi Alan

I'm looking for some advice. I apologise if the answer is already in the current thread.

I'm a midwife from the UK currently residing in Australia as a permanent resident. I have been here nearly 2 years now. I am an only child and my parents wish to emigrate to Australia when my grandparents are no longer around. So sometime in the next few years as they are quite elderly. I did some research before I left the UK and understand there are 2 ways of going with this. I just can't decide which route to take. My parents could spend most of their savings on the contributory parent visa but I would prefer them not to have to obviously. I heard through a friend that they were reducing the waiting times on the other parent sponsored visa, is there any truth in this do you know? or would we be looking at 15+ years do you think? I understand that you can only advise and things can change I just wondered if you had an opinion on our situation.

Kind thanks in advance

Sandiepops28

Hello everyone again. Having now had a look at the paperwork, I think it a good idea to tell you what it actually said.

Yes the dreaded form 80 is to be done as soon as poss. How on earth do you answer 37, that asks for proposed arrival date in Aus with the time frame being so far ahead, any ideas?

Police Clearance - "commence 10 months from 11 June 2013. RETAIN until requested by your case officer".

Permanent Residence Health Assessment - "commence 12 months from 11 June 2013". RETAIN etc.

AOS same as above - 12 months etc

all the best, Carolyn

Hi Alan

I'm looking for some advice. I apologise if the answer is already in the current thread.

I'm a midwife from the UK currently residing in Australia as a permanent resident. I have been here nearly 2 years now. I am an only child and my parents wish to emigrate to Australia when my grandparents are no longer around. So sometime in the next few years as they are quite elderly. I did some research before I left the UK and understand there are 2 ways of going with this. I just can't decide which route to take. My parents could spend most of their savings on the contributory parent visa but I would prefer them not to have to obviously. I heard through a friend that they were reducing the waiting times on the other parent sponsored visa, is there any truth in this do you know? or would we be looking at 15+ years do you think? I understand that you can only advise and things can change I just wondered if you had an opinion on our situation.

Kind thanks in advance

Sandiepops28

Hello Sandiepops.

As Visa Application Charges increase inexorably I think we will see the numbers of couples who are able - or prepared - to spend well over $100k on a visa application declining.

Rather, they will look at the 103 or 804 subclasses.

Indeed, we have seen a marked uptick in the number of people thinking about applying for an Aged Parent (subclass 804) application.

When I spoke with the Parents Visa Centre a month or so ago it was indicated that 8 to 10 years is a reasonable expectation of processing times for the 804. My hunch is that this timeline will reduce over the next few years - tho' perhaps not markedly - as the number of 143/173 visa applicants reduces.

If I'm right it will be important to be towards the front of the application queue, so I invite you and your parents to get an application in as soon as you have been in Australia for 2 years, and they are ready to go for it.

If they have commitments in the UK because of your grandparents I suggest a subclass 103 application might be in order.

Feel able to contact me off forum (via a PM or email) if you'd like to explore this more fully.

Best regards.

Guest guest72525

Well after more than 14 months of waiting (date of acknowledgement 19 June 2012), my parents got a case officer this morning!! No previous requests for documents, assurance of support etc. And it happened strangely: after reading how many people on this forum have had AOS etc requested before getting a CO, I suggested to my parents that they send a query to the PVC enquiry form asking for the AOS request letter so we can go ahead with doing that for them. They have already submitted medicals and police clearances a couple of months ago. My dad did it on Monday, and 36 hours later, they got an email from their new CO asking for Form 80 and the AOS!

Just sat on the phone for 45 min on hold to Centrelink to arrange to bring in the AOS documents. the consultant told me that once they have been processed, they were do a telephonic interview with my husband. And they can't tell me how long the AOS process will take from start to finish - from the tracker, it looks like about 6 weeks or so. Does anyone know any more about the time frame?

Edited by guest72525

Hello everyone again. Having now had a look at the paperwork, I think it a good idea to tell you what it actually said.

Yes the dreaded form 80 is to be done as soon as poss. How on earth do you answer 37, that asks for proposed arrival date in Aus with the time frame being so far ahead, any ideas?

Police Clearance - "commence 10 months from 11 June 2013. RETAIN until requested by your case officer".

Permanent Residence Health Assessment - "commence 12 months from 11 June 2013". RETAIN etc.

AOS same as above - 12 months etc

all the best, Carolyn

Carolyn,

For question 37 of Form 80 I put ' Dependent on granting of CPV 143'.

Rowley

Well after more than 14 months of waiting (date of acknowledgement 19 June 2012), my parents got a case officer this morning!! No previous requests for documents, assurance of support etc. And it happened strangely: after reading how many people on this forum have had AOS etc requested before getting a CO, I suggested to my parents that they send a query to the PVC enquiry form asking for the AOS request letter so we can go ahead with doing that for them. They have already submitted medicals and police clearances a couple of months ago. My dad did it on Monday, and 36 hours later, they got an email from their new CO asking for Form 80 and the AOS!

Just sat on the phone for 45 min on hold to Centrelink to arrange to bring in the AOS documents. the consultant told me that once they have been processed, they were do a telephonic interview with my husband. And they can't tell me how long the AOS process will take from start to finish - from the tracker, it looks like about 6 weeks or so. Does anyone know any more about the time frame?

Learjet,

Our daughter lodged the Centrelink documents for AoS on 28.05 and received the Centrelink letter accepting AoS on 02.07.

Regards

rowley

Sounds like things are moving along in the parental visa world.

My parents have an acknowledge date of 18 August 2012 but still waiting with baited breath for some news! Although they've sold their house and have their flights booked for 2nd December, so will be coming out then whether they have a visa or not!

Guest guest72525

They can always pop out to Bali for the visa grant if their visa isn't through by 2 December. My parents are with us in Perth at the moment, and will do the trip when (hopefully!) their visa is granted

They can always pop out to Bali for the visa grant if their visa isn't through by 2 December. My parents are with us in Perth at the moment, and will do the trip when (hopefully!) their visa is granted

Yes, they will have to do that. Their intention is to come out spend 6 weeks with the family and then buy a camper and spend 8 months travelling around Australia. So they've plenty of time for the visa to kick in before they want to settle and find jobs etc. And if it all goes wrong and for some reason they don't get the visa they'll head back to the UK and settle somewhere else having had the best holiday ever.