Guest guest36187

Guest piramida
Hi there,

Having very recently gone through the process of applying for parent visas I would say if you can afford it definitely apply for the permanent 143 straightaway.

I applied for 173 first and the completion of the second application for 143 was tortuous - all those forms again. Luckily since I had applied soon after being granted

173, my medical was still within the year and didn't have to be repeated. Would not have done it that way if I had known how stressful it would be.........

All well now though, packers coming tomorrow, flight booked for Sept 5th !

Good luck to everyone in the process,

Grammie[/quote

I am in same boat. Please tell me which Form I have fill when apply from 173 to 143. We have to fly 23. July.

Hi there,

Having very recently gone through the process of applying for parent visas I would say if you can afford it definitely apply for the permanent 143 straightaway.

I applied for 173 first and the completion of the second application for 143 was tortuous - all those forms again. Luckily since I had applied soon after being granted

173, my medical was still within the year and didn't have to be repeated. Would not have done it that way if I had known how stressful it would be.........

All well now though, packers coming tomorrow, flight booked for Sept 5th !

Good luck to everyone in the process,

Grammie[/quote

I am in same boat. Please tell me which Form I have fill when apply from 173 to 143. We have to fly 23. July.

Hi Piramida,

You must refer to booklet 3 you can download it from here,http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf . Also refer to page number 35 of booklet 3, it is written that you need to provide all the documents you had provided for 173. Only exception is you do not have to do the medical again but character check is required.."generally you are not required to undergo further health checks" (refer to page 11). You need to fill up Form 47PT and Form 40.

Wish you all the best for 23rd July.

Blueray

Guest piramida

Hi Piramida,

You must refer to booklet 3 you can download it from here,http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf . Also refer to page number 35 of booklet 3, it is written that you need to provide all the documents you had provided for 173. Only exception is you do not have to do the medical again but character check is required.."generally you are not required to undergo further health checks" (refer to page 11). You need to fill up Form 47PT and Form 40.

Wish you all the best for 23rd July.

Blueray

Hi Blueray,

Thank you very much for all information, and good wishes.

Piramida

Guest piramida
Sorry if I confused you. Your visa is linked electronically to your passport so there should be no problem - we never had a label in our passport and had no problem. If you have booked a ticket to Australia, then the airline staff where you originally board the plane will check your electronic visa from your passport number. I would also just take a printout of the email just in case. As you were enquiring about Dubai I meant that you would not be allowed to fly to Dubai in the first place if there was no electronic visa in place, as you would not be allowed to board the plane at your origin. Hope this helps.

Hi Linday, Thank you very much. Now I understand everything. This your message helps me lot. For 10 day we fly. I just want ask you what we have to do when come in Australia. I do not know does we need to go in immigration office for something or not.

Edited by piramida

Hi Linday, Thank you very much. Now I understand everything. This your message helps me lot. For 10 day we fly. I just want ask you what we have to do when come in Australia. I do not know does we need to go in immigration office for something or not.

You just pass through immigration with everyone else. They will be able to check your visa status from your passport -no problem. But as I said, I would take a printout of the email visa grant anyway.

Hi Phoebe

I imagine it can't come quickly enough?

Also I imagine that you have every screenscraper and flight site on speed dial, for when you are ready to say "On my way!!!!!!"

Sure all will go well for you, you've certainly had to wait long enough for it.

Thinking of you on the 26th........

Cheers Pam

Guest piramida
You just pass through immigration with everyone else. They will be able to check your visa status from your passport -no problem. But as I said, I would take a printout of the email visa grant anyway.

Yes, I will printout of the email grant sure. Thank you Linday I do not know you, but I think that you are very very good and heartfelt person. Thank you for all support and nice words.

Yes, I will printout of the email grant sure. Thank you Linday I do not know you, but I think that you are very very good and heartfelt person. Thank you for all support and nice words.

No problem. This thread was a godsend for us when we were going through the process. It is a very valuable source of useful information with lots of nice people and helped to keep us sane during the long wait. I now try to give something back whenever I can. We also applied for the 173 first and then the 143 when we were in Australia so if you have any questions when you get to that part of the process don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your move!

Guest piramida
No problem. This thread was a godsend for us when we were going through the process. It is a very valuable source of useful information with lots of nice people and helped to keep us sane during the long wait. I now try to give something back whenever I can. We also applied for the 173 first and then the 143 when we were in Australia so if you have any questions when you get to that part of the process don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your move!

Yes it is true, this thread is godend for us too. For now I just want ask you did was hard when you apply from 173 to 143.

Yes it is true, this thread is godend for us too. For now I just want ask you did was hard when you apply from 173 to 143.
No, not really, just a pain filling in forms again. Although we had to wait ages for AOS approval as Queensland Centrelink took their time with this.

Guest flossiebess

Hello everyone :)

If my mam comes over on a tourist visa and she applies onshore for the aged parent visa, will she be granted a bridging visa and can stay indefinitely?

If we apply onshore for the CPV will she get a similar visa?

Thanks in advance :)

Flossie

Hello everyone :)

If my mam comes over on a tourist visa and she applies onshore for the aged parent visa, will she be granted a bridging visa and can stay indefinitely?

If we apply onshore for the CPV will she get a similar visa?

Thanks in advance :)

Flossie

Have a look at the parent visa booklet 3 - page 41:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf

I am just wondering. If you go to Oz on a tourist visa. apply for an aged parent's visa and get a bridging visa to see you over the waiting period, what happens if you then fail the medical? Do they actually throw you out when you have been living there for ten years or so? Does this really happen in practice?

I think I know the answer but am just searching for a plan B in case new health worries materialise.

Guest piramida
I touched down at Melbourne airport to become a permanent resident two days ago...... Am now getting over the jetlag and feeling very happy!:biggrin:

Many thanks to all the kind souls on PIO who give of their time and advice.... Collectively you make a major move like this soooooo much easier.

And esp. for Lepa/Piramida, a heads-up to carry a printed copy of your visa-grant-letter in addition to your passport. I arrived at a Heathrow check-in counter to find that my passport carried ZERO visa to travel to Oz. Fortunately the check in lady was able to disappear with my printed visa-grant-letter, make some phone calls, and check me in after about 30 minutes when my passport/visa had been corrected.

Good luck to all and may your waiting be as short as possible, and best wishes to Phoebe on your Op.

Cheers,

Hi ZephynAndy, I am so happy to hear nice news from you. I wish you nice and beautiful life in Australia. Thank you very much about your information, it is nice after all you remember me. I will sure take a printed copy of visa grant- letter with me. We live Cyprus 23. July.Good luck and all the best!

P. S.

Please can you just tell me what you mean when said passport/visa corrected. Do they put visa label inside or just checking?

Lepa

Edited by piramida

Ideally speaking I think that the best place to live in Australia is where your children live. If we put aside this thumb rule and assuming that one is going to lead retired life without working then in such a scenario which is the best major city in Australia conducive to good health and other amenities ? All opinions are welcome.

Guest piramida
There is no visa label put into my passport. Everything is done electronically, so after about 20 minutes on the phone, the check-in lady kept swiping my passport over the passport reader, until Australian immigration had updated their computer system, and it allowed me to check-in to the aussie-bound flight.

Best wishes to you guys also Lepa,

Andy

Thank you very much Andy. We are now more relax. It is very very kind of you to tell me everything.

Lepa

There is no visa label put into my passport. Everything is done electronically, so after about 20 minutes on the phone, the check-in lady kept swiping my passport over the passport reader, until Australian immigration had updated their computer system, and it allowed me to check-in to the aussie-bound flight.

Best wishes to you guys also Lepa,

Andy

If you want a physical label in your passport, these days you have to pay for it!!

Mike

That's the pre Op done another step closer to the 26th July, recovery then get some long awaited flights booked :wink:

Phoebe

G'day Phoebe

Only just caught up – we're in Scandinavia in the motorhome, and only intermittently in contact. Good news; the very best of luck for the Home Run.

Mike & Sue

Edited by MikenSueNW3