Guest guest36187

Guest piramida
Congratulations Piramida, you must be feeling wonderful - worth all the wait? Good luck with it all :-)

Thank you Fisher1, yes we have wonderful feeling. I worry a lot all the time. We live for two weeks. I wish you all the best.

Guest piramida
Congratulations! Piramida. It would be great if you write your timeline.

Blueray

Thank you. 13. February request for Medical and PPC. We made Medical 18. February, but Medical was not online, and DIAC got it in March, PPC they got it end of February. CO told us we have to wait for checking medical. Just end of June they ask for 2VAC. We paid, and yesterday our visa has been granted

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Hi everyone

Visa granted this morning so its all systems go now. I had already booked my flight for 7 August and was getting concerned as the 2nd VAC payment was made on 19 June, however all is well. The shipping company are coming on 1 August, car sold, as well as some furniture I am not taking. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly. Soooo excited that it is now finally happening. Hope all you folks who are on the home straight so to speak won't have too much longer to wait.

Cath

Hi everyone

Visa granted this morning so its all systems go now. I had already booked my flight for 7 August and was getting concerned as the 2nd VAC payment was made on 19 June, however all is well. The shipping company are coming on 1 August, car sold, as well as some furniture I am not taking. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly. Soooo excited that it is now finally happening. Hope all you folks who are on the home straight so to speak won't have too much longer to wait.

Cath

Hi Cathwotherspoon

Congratulations.Let us hope that a glorious chapter of happiness, contentment and good health starts for you from the day you set your foot on Australian soil as permanent resident.

regards

Hello all,

Reading this thread with interest thanks. But I do have a quick question. When looking at the FEES for the cpv, it looks like you can't get a permanent CPV without applying for the temporary first. Is that right?? I know it makes sense to apply for the temp first to spread out the cost, but if you can afford it, why not go straight to the permanent visa?

This really is speculative at this stage for us, as we are in the early stages of looking to move to Aus. Lots of research being done by us and my parents in law!!!

Thank you.

Guest Cathwotherspoon
Hello all,

Reading this thread with interest thanks. But I do have a quick question. When looking at the FEES for the cpv, it looks like you can't get a permanent CPV without applying for the temporary first. Is that right?? I know it makes sense to apply for the temp first to spread out the cost, but if you can afford it, why not go straight to the permanent visa?

This really is speculative at this stage for us, as we are in the early stages of looking to move to Aus. Lots of research being done by us and my parents in law!!!

Thank you.

Hi there

You will find this thread very useful and full of information. You can apply either for the 173 - temporary or 143 permanent. The main difference being that if you go for the 173 it is only half the cost, and there is no assurance of support required. You would of course then convert to 143 within 2 years of arriving in Australia, the assurance of support is then required and also the final payment. The cost is approx $40,000 but this is split for the 173, approx $24,000 then about $16,000 when you convert to the 143. Obviously if you go for the 143 it is a big amount to pay all at once. Good luck in your research but there is usually someone around on here that can answer most of your questions.

Cath

Hi Everyone so much good news lately .

Well my operation has been brought forward 7 months as things getting worse so that can only be good news. Got my date today 26th July pre assessment this Saturday. It's a major Op with 8-12 week recovery but in the bright side once its done I'll finally be pain free and can start eating normal food again and the long recovery gives me plenty of time to plan those flights to Oz for our recci that have been eluding us for the past 2 years.

So nice to read everyone's good news

Phoebe

Hi everyone

Cath

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got your visa pretty soon. Wish you all the best. I have a question to all those who got the visa. Does DIAC send you medical and PCC request via email or via post? They have sent me my acknowledgement via post and I never got it. I did not get any acknowledgment in my email.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got your visa pretty soon. Wish you all the best. I have a question to all those who got the visa. Does DIAC send you medical and PCC request via email or via post? They have sent me my acknowledgement via post and I never got it. I did not get any acknowledgment in my email.

Hi Blueray, we got all our requests from DIAC via email but via our agent who forwarded them to us. good luck with the process.

Kim

Guest piramida

Hi, My visa is granted, but I do not have Visa Label in passport. I just got from CO paper where write that my visa is granted, and I do not need Visa Label in passport to entrance in Australia, but I have to check for another country. I just change plane in Dubai. Does anybody knows will I have problem if I do not have Visa label in my passport when live my country or in Dubai ?

Guest piramida

Well my operation has been brought forward 7 months as things getting worse so that can only be good news. Got my date today 26th July pre assessment this Saturday. It's a major Op with 8-12 week recovery but in the bright side once its done I'll finally be pain free and can start eating normal food again and the long recovery gives me plenty of time to plan those flights to Oz for our recci that have been eluding us for the past 2 years.

Phoebe

I wish you all the best

Guest piramida
Hi everyone

Cath

Congratulations Cath, you must be feeling wonderful Good luck with it all, we bought ticket for 23. July. I just want ask you do you need put Visa Label in passport or not. Thank you

Guest piramida
You shouldn't have any issues, just print a copy of the grant and take it with you.

Thank you very much. I worry lot, and now after lot of time when we got visa again problems. High Commission do not put Visa Label in passport, not anymore, and they advice us call Ambbassy in Beirut, and I am scare to sent passport there, meybe late, meybe lost passport. Thank you

Hello all,

Thank you.

Hi.We considered both 143 and 173 cpv we researched both also contacted parents@gov.au who informed us "that the grant of temporary residence under parent visa 173 is by no means a guarantee that permanent residence under parent visa subclass 143 will be granted" I couldn't stand the stress of waiting two years to know whether we were permanent. Also your medicals are two years from applying for your visa which could provide more stress. We opted for the 173 as the best option.

Hope this helps you to make a decision.

Hi.We considered both 143 and 173 cpv we researched both also contacted parents@gov.au who informed us "that the grant of temporary residence under parent visa 173 is by no means a guarantee that permanent residence under parent visa subclass 143 will be granted" I couldn't stand the stress of waiting two years to know whether we were permanent. Also your medicals are two years from applying for your visa which could provide more stress. We opted for the 173 as the best option.

Hope this helps you to make a decision.

sorry we opted for the permanent contributory visa 143

Hi Blueray, we got all our requests from DIAC via email but via our agent who forwarded them to us. good luck with the process.

Kim

Thanks a lot Kim. I have not applied through agent. Hope I will also get requests via email.

Thank you very much. I worry lot, and now after lot of time when we got visa again problems. High Commission do not put Visa Label in passport, not anymore, and they advice us call Ambbassy in Beirut, and I am scare to sent passport there, meybe late, meybe lost passport. Thank you

It's all recorded electronically now. You should not need a label in your passport as the electronic information is linked to your passport. I assume you have booked a ticket straight through to Australia and will be transiting Dubai? The airline will not let you board the aircraft at your origin without you having a valid visa to arrive in Australia.

With regard to Dubai, you should check whether you need a separate visa for this. although if you are only transiting then it shouldn't be a problem.

Guest piramida
It's all recorded electronically now. You should not need a label in your passport as the electronic information is linked to your passport. I assume you have booked a ticket straight through to Australia and will be transiting Dubai? The airline will not let you board the aircraft at your origin without you having a valid visa to arrive in Australia.

With regard to Dubai, you should check whether you need a separate visa for this. although if you are only transiting then it shouldn't be a problem.

Hi Linday, Thank you very much for your advice. I just did not understand when you say "The airline will not let you board the aircraft at your origin without you having a valid visa to arrive in Australia ."Do you think that I need Visa Label when board the aircraft at my origin, and t is not enough that I have paper from CO write that my visa granted.

Guest Cathwotherspoon

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

So glad your op has been brought forward and I wish you all the very best for the 26th. Can't begin to imagine how you have been feeling but hopefully you will soon have a new lease of life

Cath

Hey Phoebe!

I've only just caught up with your post, I've been surfing Australian property sites (I know, I know, but sometimes I can't resist)

What a huge relief it must be for you to know that finally something is going to be done to help you get back to normal. I'll think about you on the 26th - fingers crossed everything goes well, you have been so brave and patient.

Kath

Hi Linday, Thank you very much for your advice. I just did not understand when you say "The airline will not let you board the aircraft at your origin without you having a valid visa to arrive in Australia ."Do you think that I need Visa Label when board the aircraft at my origin, and t is not enough that I have paper from CO write that my visa granted.

Sorry if I confused you. Your visa is linked electronically to your passport so there should be no problem - we never had a label in our passport and had no problem. If you have booked a ticket to Australia, then the airline staff where you originally board the plane will check your electronic visa from your passport number. I would also just take a printout of the email just in case. As you were enquiring about Dubai I meant that you would not be allowed to fly to Dubai in the first place if there was no electronic visa in place, as you would not be allowed to board the plane at your origin. Hope this helps.

Hi there,

Having very recently gone through the process of applying for parent visas I would say if you can afford it definitely apply for the permanent 143 straightaway.

I applied for 173 first and the completion of the second application for 143 was tortuous - all those forms again. Luckily since I had applied soon after being granted

173, my medical was still within the year and didn't have to be repeated. Would not have done it that way if I had known how stressful it would be.........

All well now though, packers coming tomorrow, flight booked for Sept 5th !

Good luck to everyone in the process,

Grammie