Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Hi Steve2 and Georgiejoe ,

Have you heard anything from immi yet? ( I'm doing my own update LOL)

Cheers,

Judy

Not a word Judy, I know Steve is away this week but I don't think he's heard anything either.

Good morning/afternoon :-)

Here's some good news for a Friday...

There's room for two more in the final waiting room!!! WE'VE BEEN NOTIFIED OF OUR VISA GRANT TODAY!! and we are so happy!! so relieved! Here's to the end of November when we board that plane :-)

Good luck to everyone else, I really wish you well - it's been stressful, long, I've become paranoid at times about what may happen/if I filled something out wrong/if I sent something to the wrong place/if I got the cheque amount wrong/if I deleted an e-mail before seeing it - it's amazing how so much goes through your head haha and I am sure I'm not alone on that!!

I will keep checking here to check how you are all progressing. There are a few who will be right behind me :-)

Farewell for now and all the best and thanks for all the support over the past 2+ years!

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB

Good luck with the next stage of your adventure. We have a way to go yet but can't wait to get back out there

Thanks so much :-) and good luck to you too with it all - hopefully now the rush of May/June 2014 is coming to a close the waiting time will get back to the previous years of 18-24 months, From experience, much of it will go fast - it's when you get closer that things seem to go in slow mo :-)

In the meantime, enjoy everything in life!

Amanda

Try

Hi Steve2 and Georgiejoe ,

Have you heard anything from immi yet? ( I'm doing my own update LOL)

Cheers,

Judy

Hi Judy

No still nothing from immi, getting twitchy now as the auto reply said 30 June and we're the 1 July!

When I hear so will you.

Good luck

Steve

There's room for two more in the final waiting room!!! WE'VE BEEN NOTIFIED OF OUR VISA GRANT TODAY!! and we are so happy!! so relieved! Here's to the end of November when we board that plane :-)

Good luck to everyone else, I really wish you well - it's been stressful, long, I've become paranoid at times about what may happen/if I filled something out wrong/if I sent something to the wrong place/if I got the cheque amount wrong/if I deleted an e-mail before seeing it - it's amazing how so much goes through your head haha and I am sure I'm not alone on that!!

I will keep checking here to check how you are all progressing. There are a few who will be right behind me :-)

Farewell for now and all the best and thanks for all the support over the past 2+ years!

Amanda

Hi Amanda

That's brilliant news - so very pleased for you.

Good luck with your new life in oz - enjoy!!

Steve

Amanda

Great news - good luck!

Guest geordie joe

Amanda

Fantastic news Amanda, that must be one of the best email's you have ever opened. I think we all know what you mean about the stress and paranoia with the process.

Good luck on the next part of your journey.

Joe

Hi Amanda

Absolutely wonderful news, many congratulations. We have been travelling this path together now for two and a half years and finally you are there! Hopefully I will soon be following if. Centrelink ever get themselves sorted!

Now crack open the fizzy, start packing you are off to Oz to be with your family. WOhoo!!!!

Julie

Amanda

Fantastic news Amanda!! You'll be so excited to get here now and the weather is really picking up! We hope to be hot on your heels but still no correspondence from Immi. I called the service centre and the lady I spoke to confirmed receipt of our documents, so more waiting! This sure is a test of patience!!

Enjoy x:rolleyes:

Good news!!! At last the request for the 2nd VAC payment - we're almost there!! So excited and now working on getting funds across to get payment completed. Fingers crossed you hear soon Tien and Julie - you're not far behind I'm sure :wink:

Oooh! Such good news for you. My money's with Moneycorp just waiting for the call!

Good news!!! At last the request for the 2nd VAC payment - we're almost there!! So excited and now working on getting funds across to get payment completed. Fingers crossed you hear soon Tien and Julie - you're not far behind I'm sure :wink:

Really great news - very pleased for you.

Guest geordie joe

Great news Moomin. I can hear the feet shuffling in the waiting room from here, must say really pleased to see lots of movement at last as my bums gone to sleep.

Joe

Congratulations Moomin13 - about to cross the finishing line :jiggy:

Just a quick question - my parents now need to sell their house and have until April 29th to get to Australia. If by some chance the house sale isn't completed - would they be able to come here on a holiday and then go back to the UK to complete the sale? If so, are there any restrictions on how long they can be out of Australia for as permanent residents?

Thanks

Just a quick question - my parents now need to sell their house and have until April 29th to get to Australia. If by some chance the house sale isn't completed - would they be able to come here on a holiday and then go back to the UK to complete the sale? If so, are there any restrictions on how long they can be out of Australia for as permanent residents?

Thanks

Hi, your parents only need to validate their visa before the 12 month expiration date if their police checks. After that they can come and go for up to 5 years before they must take up residency. Our visa was granted 4 years ago and we've only been here 6 weeks!

Regards Val

Hi, your parents only need to validate their visa before the 12 month expiration date if their police checks. After that they can come and go for up to 5 years before they must take up residency. Our visa was granted 4 years ago and we've only been here 6 weeks!

Regards Val

Note that an extended period of absence from Australia over the 5 year period following the granting of the CP visa can lead to issues securing a Resident Return visa in due course.

Best regards.

Note that an extended period of absence from Australia over the 5 year period following the granting of the CP visa can lead to issues securing a Resident Return visa in due course.

Best regards.

Hi Alan, Thanks for that - we are hoping that it will be a case of going back to complete the sale and then return for good!!

Excellent news!! Hopefully will be granted by the end of the week! How exciting..