SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Same here! I promise to report back on here when I (hopefully) get the nod of approval, it's got to be soon...

Hey cheese please, it's so hard isn't it? Feeling so close and yet so far!

They have approved an 18th April candidate so we really should be this week or next, right? I know it's not an exact science but if it's a queuing system, then that would seem a sound assumption.

Good luck all....

Hey cheese please, it's so hard isn't it? Feeling so close and yet so far!

They have approved an 18th April candidate so we really should be this week or next, right? I know it's not an exact science but if it's a queuing system, then that would seem a sound assumption.

Good luck all....

Don't bank on it. Yes applications go into a queue but there have been applicants who applied before me who were granted after and I've seen others wait the full 9 months when others were granted earlier.

Work to the 8-9 months timeframe and just try to forget about the application. If you supplied all the required evidence etc, medical was ok and police check also it should be fine. Your CO isn't requesting more evidence and so is happy they have enough of it to make a decision on. Those who have medical conditions etc of course need to do a bit more but for most its a straightforward application if they have the timeframe and paperwork to back it up.

It is what it is and I don't get the wishing the time away or fretting over who got granted based on when they applied and so on. I applied and went through the process and honestly didn't really worry about it once it was in. We planned on the 8-9 months, the visa being granted sooner would be a bonus but it didn't change how we planned things. I did my medical and police check when requested, CO said nothing further was needed and that was it. Just carried on with life. Over thinking it can drive you to distraction and tbh I just wanted to enjoy the time I had in the UK without worry and got on with making the most of the time there.

Don't bank on it. Yes applications go into a queue but there have been applicants who applied before me who were granted after and I've seen others wait the full 9 months when others were granted earlier.

Work to the 8-9 months timeframe and just try to forget about the application. If you supplied all the required evidence etc, medical was ok and police check also it should be fine. Your CO isn't requesting more evidence and so is happy they have enough of it to make a decision on. Those who have medical conditions etc of course need to do a bit more but for most its a straightforward application if they have the timeframe and paperwork to back it up.

It is what it is and I don't get the wishing the time away or fretting over who got granted based on when they applied and so on. I applied and went through the process and honestly didn't really worry about it once it was in. We planned on the 8-9 months, the visa being granted sooner would be a bonus but it didn't change how we planned things. I did my medical and police check when requested, CO said nothing further was needed and that was it. Just carried on with life. Over thinking it can drive you to distraction and tbh I just wanted to enjoy the time I had in the UK without worry and got on with making the most of the time there.

Hey snifter,

I completely understand where you are coming from but please also understand where many of us are coming from. It's great that you planned carefully and were able to remain calm and patient, but hey, I didn't. I'm an emotional, passionate person and I guess I'm using this forum as an outlet for my pent up frustration and also my dark, deep hopes and fears. I know this achieves nothing more than a cathartic release for me and probably others currently in the same position, I know that I should just forget about the application and live my life, I know that I should heed the 8-9 month time frame, I know that there are no guarantees......but hey, 'shoulda', coulda', woulda'. I should have put my life savings on fiorente, but I didn't cos hindsights a wonderfully insightful place to sit and comment from.

Yes, it is what it is and my emotions are what they are. So forgive us for venting, hoping and perhaps yes, even forgive us a little desperation but that is the nature of the beast that is this wait that has turned a very normal, pretty well adjusted girl like me into the loon that presents itself here!

I promise to return to normal....once the visa is granted...

Chany, I think the point Snifter is getting at is that all that...passion, if you like, does not make anything move faster. Vent all you like but realise it is pointless in the grand scheme of things.

I also had mine granted before those who had applied before me, it's determined by things you can neither help nor cajole along. :)

Hey snifter,

I completely understand where you are coming from but please also understand where many of us are coming from. It's great that you planned carefully and were able to remain calm and patient, but hey, I didn't. I'm an emotional, passionate person and I guess I'm using this forum as an outlet for my pent up frustration and also my dark, deep hopes and fears. I know this achieves nothing more than a cathartic release for me and probably others currently in the same position, I know that I should just forget about the application and live my life, I know that I should heed the 8-9 month time frame, I know that there are no guarantees......but hey, 'shoulda', coulda', woulda'. I should have put my life savings on fiorente, but I didn't cos hindsights a wonderfully insightful place to sit and comment from.

Yes, it is what it is and my emotions are what they are. So forgive us for venting, hoping and perhaps yes, even forgive us a little desperation but that is the nature of the beast that is this wait that has turned a very normal, pretty well adjusted girl like me into the loon that presents itself here!

I do get where you are coming from, I'd perhaps have done that myself but I didn't want to do the emotional roller coaster with so much else going on so didn't let myself. We planned to fly out at the 8 month mark so even we were ahead of a potential grant date had it been closer to 9 months, but we were also prepared for me to go off shore and all that if need be. As it was my visa came through at the 7 month mark. If I could have predicted that I'd have booked to fly out Sept 1 not Oct 9th but as there were no guarantees and crystal balls are a crock we worked to the 8 month minimum. And I was kept busy with so much stuff to organise for moving the time passed quickly. The moving part itself was far more stressful and hard work compared to the visa process, at least for me. Visa application and wait was a cake walk compared to all that followed. I am glad I put my energy into that side of things in the wait time for my visa as it kept me distracted and also meant we were organised when the visa came though and could really set the rest of the wheels into motion.

People live in hope so much about their visa grant and many seem so let down when it doesn't come though when others who applied the same time or after get theirs. I think sometimes people put too much expectation on it and the let down isn't nice for them. Its exciting and terrifying, I get that. The 8-9 months is the key thing, sure its nice to speculate a bit on getting the visa sooner but don't let it take over or become such a big thing or wish that it will happen sooner is where I go out from having been through it myself and reading so much on here from others who were frustrated, upset or struggling waiting for their grant. If it does, great, but if it doesn't, you are not upset or let down or feeling hard done by because others are gaining theirs. Sure I was keeping an eye open for the CO emails and when she phoned me one time after I had emailed her I was glad I was already sitting down, but it didn't take over for me because I chose not to let it. I get others let it or just can't stop it, but I do try to nudge people on this thread to remembering there is a timeframe and to be a voice of reason on and off.

As it is, reflecting that the thread being for people waiting for their visa and having been though the process and now arrived in Aus I no longer have any input or contribution in that respect so am bowing out of it :) If I can help anyone regarding the application process or evidence or anything prior to applying, feel free to drop me a PM.

Hey snifter,

I'm with you on this Chany! completely 100% know. I'm a May offsore applicant and the first few months absolutely flew by because i was on the U.K and i was able to do what snifler said just forget about it and live my life. I never even counted the months or looked up a forum like this. However things changed and i had to move out here earlier with my fiance and currently staying with my family

Now I'm out here I cant work and it's very stressful having no money and rights.

Basically feels like life is on hold. Cant wait to start planning my wedding and actually settle into Australia.

You'll all laugh at me but when i read the 8-9 month thing earlier this year my partner and i thought ahhhh it wont take that long hahaha. I've never been so wrong but then again I've never been though anything like this or spent sooo much money on something. There's a lot riding on it. I was completely clueless.

so this forum has really helped me just knowing there are other people out there who check their emails every day and constantly trying to guess when it arrives. Just good to know I'm not going mad on my own!

Cant wait to be able to get back on with life!

I also promise to return to normal.....once the visa is granted!

Edited by newbie121

I wish I could be as calm as Snifter was. At least you all in the UK get an actual timeframe to work to. In the US, we don't get that. They just point us to the "5 to 12 month" average on the DIAC website that is completely useless and hasn't been updated in years. And even though that website says 5 months for low-risk countries and 12 months for high risk, they continue to point to it even when US applicants are well past five months waiting.

If I could have been given an actual estimate of the average time it was taking to process applications here in the US, I would have (I think) been able to gladly work to that and plan around it. As it is, it's impossible to make plans as you have no earthly idea when to expect a visa. Earlier in the year, almost everyone's PMV took 4-5 months and Spouse Visas took 5-6. Like clockwork they churned them out within those periods. Then bam... in July, suddenly NO ONE was getting grants. Maybe one person a month on other forums I frequent, with a grant bizarrely early at 2-3 months, whereas previously it had been 2-3 people a week who had been waiting the then-average 4-5 months. We thought maybe it had something to do with the new administration or the new fiscal year... nope. Last month, finally, we started to see some grants again - 5 grants in 10 days. Then... silence again. And now we're seeing people here and there sporadically get grants who have only been waiting only two or three months. While there's a stack of us (most without health or character issues or anything else that should delay a visa) waiting 7-8 months now.

Anyway, you'll make yourself crazy trying to figure it out. You have more rhyme and reason coming out of the London embassy than we do out of DC. Take what bit of order and sanity London manages, be grateful for it, and run with it. lol

Edited by CollegeGirl

i see what you mean about planning the 8-9 month mark and not getting worked up - but i can totally relate to putting one's life on hold as newbie wrote. i find this final stretch more stressful than the 3 months before the medicals and police checks!

:arghh:

Hi

I'm new to the forum but we sent application early 7th June, co (pw) assigned 14th June, police checks and medicals completed July, had most documents returned July so just been waiting, today I have received an envelope just containing passports photos we sent with application anyone else had this? I thought they'd keep the photos??

Hi

I'm new to the forum but we sent application early 7th June, co (pw) assigned 14th June, police checks and medicals completed July, had most documents returned July so just been waiting, today I have received an envelope just containing passports photos we sent with application anyone else had this? I thought they'd keep the photos??

if you sent more than they needed, they return them...they returned our photos but we sent family photos, some photos from trips etc. they also returned the police checks (the originals)...

if you sent more than they needed, they return them...they returned our photos but we sent family photos, some photos from trips etc. they also returned the police checks (the originals)...

They sent back what they didnt need or hav used/copied etc. don't worry to much, just give them any extra stuff they want and try not pestering your CO to much unless really needed, think I emailed mine maybe 3 times about what I thought was important stuff, then on last email I received I was told not to contact her again and wait for visa and not ask her if it's due, work to time frame of 8-9 months. Pretty blunt but to the point

Anyone else with kp? I finally tried to call him as we've never actually spoken and he's away until 25th November :(

Im assuming this means 100% that we cant be granted until he comes back and presumably he'll have a backlog as he's been away since oct 18th.

Does anyone know if anyone else grants whilst they are on annual leave or if it's a wait for their return affair?

So, I just got through to some very nice people at immigration who explained that another co takes on the cases when your co is on holiday. But, does anyone remember seeing anyone on here who has been sent the ready to grant email from anyone other than their case officer?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this been following it now for a couple of weeks now. I applied 22/7/13 money taken 24/7/13 CO (WP) assigned 6/8/13 medical done 22/10/13 just waiting now. best of luck everyone with their applications

WP is my CO, seems lovely, helpful and friendly :)

so what dates are currently being granted?

Im an early April applicate

Anyone else with kp? I finally tried to call him as we've never actually spoken and he's away until 25th November :(

Im assuming this means 100% that we cant be granted until he comes back and presumably he'll have a backlog as he's been away since oct 18th.

Does anyone know if anyone else grants whilst they are on annual leave or if it's a wait for their return affair?

We've got KP too, I don't know about visa grants while a CO is away, but I know he's pretty quiet! I've emailed him once to let him know (something he wanted to know) and there was no cheery thank you email.

Wow, away since 18 oct! Oh well, I'm glad we expected to wait the full 8-9 months!

I have my fingers crossed you hear something really soon.

Yes It's so nice to know all that hard work means we got it right.... a big surprise I was convinced we would have forgotten something. I think we enclosed everything we could find....i think there was a kitchen sink in there too :biggrin: I look forward to hearing that you have received you CO soon. xxxxxxx

At last we have been assigned a CO!!! Our CO is DP :ssign19: Need to do medicals in 3 months and that's it... So happy that no extra documents required!! Was eagerly waiting to update my signature with 'CO assigned' ... hehehehe.. :biggrin:

Good luck to all!! :hug: