Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by CollegeGirl

  1. CollegeGirl

    Only know one Australian citizen who can fill out form 888!

    You HAVE to have two Aussie PRs/Citizens fill out 888s if you're onshore. It's only optional when applying offshore. How is it you both live in Australia, are a couple, and only know one person who is aware of your relationship? That seems VERY unusual and unlikely. You don't have any other mutual friends who are Australian? You haven't had your partner visit you at your work and have a coworker who could attest to that? Nothing? Surely there has to be someone else. Tehy don't have to know everything about you - just be able to testify that you're a couple.
  2. CollegeGirl

    Medical Results

    No. Your results are electronically submitted from your panel doctor to DIBP. If it says "health has been finalised" that verifies for you that they've got everything they need in regards to that.
  3. I never understand why people worry about this enough to post asking about it. If you're a real couple, why WOULD you be worried about it? Immi isn't there to inspect the cleanliness of your house or how healthy the food in your fridge is - they're there to see if you're really living together as a couple, and if you're legit, you'd have nothing to worry about if they dropped by. My husband and I would welcome the chance to show them around, show them where we sleep, etc. as it would just be more great evidence to show them we're a real, married, very-much-in-love married couple. I always wonder (perhaps unfairly!) if people who post this question are worried because they're hiding something.
  4. CollegeGirl

    Current spouse visa processing times

    12-15 months is what they're currently quoting onshore. In case you're interested, offshore processing times through London have gone up since this thread was originally posted, though (you bumped up an old one). London is quoting 10-14 months processing, currently.
  5. CollegeGirl

    Help! Australian partner's passport has expired!

    Yes, Nemesis is correct - your visa is not at all tethered to your partner's passport, so no need to worry on that front.
  6. CollegeGirl

    Online Visa Application Form Submitted - 309/100 Partner

    Sounds likely to be just a failure to update the auto-generated email.
  7. CollegeGirl

    Visa 300 - Online application - Here or There?

    I disagree with Quinkla just a little here. As you're applying through the Vietnam embassy, you need to contact them and ask them who is able to certify in Vietnam, and what sort of "no impediment to marriage" certificate you need. Each embassy has its own requirements. Most of the people here are going to be familiar with the London embassy's requirements as this is PomsInOz. But different embassies have different takes on things. I know in the US we could not just use any of the occupations Australia allows for certification - it had to be a notary public.
  8. CollegeGirl


    No, kids still need a medical, they just don't get the whole shebang - can't remember if it's the blood test they skip or the xray or what. But they still need a medical.
  9. CollegeGirl

    405 Retirement Visa & BOF test when moving off of visa

    She's in a very precarious position. I would talk to a good registered migration agent. There's a lot on the line here. Best of luck to your mother - I hope you can find a way for her to stay.
  10. CollegeGirl

    Family ties (or other) residency possibilities?

    With a 76-year-old mother, it's highly unlike the OP is under 26 years old, I'd think...
  11. I can't imagine why FB messages would be seen as evidence of NOT being de facto, as a few people have commented - hubby and I use both iMessage/SMS and FB chat to talk to each other while he's at work depending on what's going on.
  12. CollegeGirl

    Can my parents follow on my Visa?

    Haha, sorry! That's a turn of phrase I hadn't heard yet!
  13. CollegeGirl

    No Live Trace on UK PCC

    They're primarily concerned about sentences of 12 months or more. I wouldn't think 6 weeks would be an issue at all. Always best to check with a MARA agent just to be sure, though.
  14. CollegeGirl

    Can my parents follow on my Visa?

    Your mom is a "nursey nurse?" Is that something different to a nurse? Nursing is definitely a skilled occupation that would entitle her to her own visa, perhaps, though at over 50 it may be impossible to get all the points they need.
  15. CollegeGirl

    HELP!! Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)

    Yep, that's correct. It's about $50k AUD per person. It's common for parents to sell their family home to be able to afford to move over under the 143. There's no way my parents would ever be able to afford it, either - they still have a mortgage and it'll be another 20 years before they own their house! (They're 70 already).
  16. Facebook.com/us. That will give you a page that shows all photos/interactions with you and your partner, friends in common, etc. Screenshots of that are what you want. They don't want your FB password to go snoop in your account - they wouldn't use it even if you gave it to them.
  17. CollegeGirl

    Visitor 600 family stream refusal

    In addition to the question you would have ticked "up to 3 months" for, there (at least, on the paper application form) is a question that says "When do you wish to visit Australia?" In fact, on the paper application form it's the first question. Is it possible you put a period that was longer than one month for that response? Maybe that was the issue.
  18. You don't need a second ImmiAcct for this. It's 60 per application - even with one ImmiAccount, you've got two applications - one for Sponsor, one for Applicant. Either way there are two sets of 60 upload slots.
  19. CollegeGirl

    Lying about pets

    I don't think "get rid of the dogs" is ever a solution - once you adopt them, an animal is part of your family. I'd never get rid of mine (thus why I imported my rescue kitty all the way from the US to Australia). There are places that will rent to people with animals, though it is challenging to find the right ones sometimes. Worth it, though. And make sure if they say "yes, that's okay" that there's no accidental "no pets" clause in your lease. We caught a clause like that in our current contract and had to have them correct it before we'd sign.
  20. CollegeGirl

    Permanent Residency Visa is due to expire .......

    I truly don't understand why people don't go for citizenship. I know you have to vote, but citizenship means the door to Oz is always open if you want it. I've seen so many people here and on other forums who kids decided to move to Aus and they never got citizenship and suddenly they're ponying up $100k for CPVs to get themselves back into the country. Citizenship is so easy/inexpensive if you meet the residency requirement. Well worth it for peace of mind, IMO. Of course, I realize that's kind of a moot point for OP now.
  21. CollegeGirl

    Partner visa from Student visa. Must I complete course?

    Their phone reps are notorious for giving out incorrect information. Your Bridging Visa A will be automatically issued when you apply for the Partner Visa, but it will NOT kick in until your 457 EXPIRES on its own, and you continue to be bound by your 457 conditions until your Partner Visa is granted (or your 457 expires, whichever happens first). If you stop working for a sponsoring employer and your 457 is cancelled, as Engaus said above, you'd most likely be dealing with a BVE and have no work rights whatsoever - you'd have to apply for them and demonstrate serious hardship circumstances, and even then you might not get them. Your safest bet is to find another sponsoring employer if you can.
  22. CollegeGirl

    Form 1221 vs Form 80

    If you are a USA national applying from the US who has never lived anywhere really high risk, Form 1221 would never come into the picture. That's typically only used for high risk nationalities. Form 80 is what you would use - but if you're applying through the US and are a US national, they're very unlikely to request it.
  23. CollegeGirl

    Non migrating dependants

    He does need a medical. Not requesting it is an error by the CO.
  24. CollegeGirl

    Who knows the answer ?

    I wouldn't worry TOO much - they tend to mostly hassle people from high-risk countries about return/onward tickets. I'd say if she's from the UK she won't have too much of an issue, especially if she can show she has the funds available to purchase a ticket in case they ask. I doubt they will, though.
  25. CollegeGirl

    Time line for validating

    COs do have a little bit of leeway with the med/police check 12 month validity. I've read 3 months some places and 6 months others. So, between 3-6 months leeway. I'm not sure how they determine when they exercise that validity or not.