SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Applied for our visa on the 4th of March. Getting a bit worried because I haven't seen any grants from our CO (KP) in a long time... Anyone here who has him as their CO, how long have you been waiting?

Applied for our visa on the 4th of March. Getting a bit worried because I haven't seen any grants from our CO (KP) in a long time... Anyone here who has him as their CO, how long have you been waiting?

The last three people with KP on the spreadsheet applied in Jan/Feb and got grants in Aug/Sept so I'm sure you're on track

Thanks guys! Also, can anyone tell me anything about the actual process once the visa (subclass 100) is granted. Is it electronically linked to your passport so you don't actually have to get a stamp, and how soon can you leave after its granted? Not that I'm keen or anything :) I've done exactly what you shouldn't, been overly optimistic and have flights for Sydney arriving on the 6th of November. Stupid in hindsight, I know, and can't blame anyone else but myself.

Thanks guys! Also, can anyone tell me anything about the actual process once the visa (subclass 100) is granted. Is it electronically linked to your passport so you don't actually have to get a stamp, and how soon can you leave after its granted? Not that I'm keen or anything :) I've done exactly what you shouldn't, been overly optimistic and have flights for Sydney arriving on the 6th of November. Stupid in hindsight, I know, and can't blame anyone else but myself.

I'm not sure what you mean by process. There isn't one.

In your blurb from your CO when you applied (and on the Aus immigration website under all the partner visa info) it explains it all once visa is granted. You have X amount of time to make first entry in to Aus after grant and thereby activate your visa. And then X amount of time in which to make the move permanently. You can leave the UK to head to Aus after the grant. You can go to Aus beforehand also just you need a tourist visa and to be able to afford to go offshore for grant etc.

Visas are electronic these days and its linked to your passport. Your airline can see this when you check in. You also get sent an email with the visa grant notice.

If you have booked flights to Aus you should have informed your CO already of your plans to ensure they are kept informed and have all the relevant contact info should your partner visa not be granted prior to you departing and thereby meaning you'll need to go offshore for grant. You also should have a tourist visa in place. I applied for a tourist visa before booking flights as CO said best to do it this way round in case partner visa not granted by time I left. And also to ensure I knew I had valid entry to Aus before spending thousands on flights.

Well, can't believe it's been so long since originally putting my stats on here when I applied for my 309/100 partner visa but my PR's finally been granted - exactly two years and two weeks since the application was received by Australia House in London!

Timeline is as follows:

26/09/11 - 309/100 application sent to AH by Special Delivery

28/09/11 - Email received requesting alternative form of payment (Amex not accepted by AH)

29/09/11 - Full payment taken from Visa card

06/10/11 - Case officer assigned (WP). Medicals and police checks requested plus certified copy of my OH's UK passport (we only sent a copy of the Australian one).

12/10/11 - Medical undertaken at Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead

04/11/11 - WP advised no further information required and hopes to be able to grant within 5-6 months of lodgement date (29/09)

26/01/12 - WP advised 309 visa granted

24/06/13 - Letter received from Partner Processing Centre in Brisbane requesting support for SC100 visa

08/07/13 - Documentation returned to Brisbane

14/10/13 - SC100 visa granted!

The second stage (i.e. SC100) application process was a doddle compared to the initial application - all they wanted was a stat dec from myself and my OH stating that our relationship was still genuine and continuing and the completion of a really short (2 pages from memory) form that seemed to just be confirming our current address etc.

Other than the pre-paid delivery acknowledgement I sent with my second stage application I received no other contact from the Partner Processing Centre in Brisbane. I still haven't had an official confirmation letter/email from them but VEVO shows my SC309 visa is no longer active and that I'm on a new SC100 visa - this was confirmed with DIAC by phone just to be sure!

Anyways, I'll be sure to drop in from time to time and will put the final touches to my timeline in a couple of years or so when, hopefully, it'll be citizenship time.....

Best of luck to those who are still waiting!!! :wink:

Hello Everyone,

My first post on here although I've been watching everyone's progress for the past few months. Well done and congrats to all of you getting your visas this week. I applied 24th April so it's very exciting news to think us April folks could possibly get processed next month. I'm also with KP so would be great to hear from any other KP people that have been granted recently.

Good luck everyone!

Hello all! This is my first post!

The fiancé and I are just about to submit our application for 309/100, just waiting on one last Stat Dec from Oz. We've been in a relationship, and living together, for over 4 years. (I moved in the day we met, long story!). I'm in the UK on an Ancestry visa, which is due to expire in July 2014. We'd hoped to have the application in a month ago, but we've been delayed by the Stat Dec's.

My my main worry is that I'll have to go back to Australia without him next year, as it won't be processed in time. From what I've read, the average processing time seems to be 7 months at the moment. Is this right?

I'm having so many sleepless nights at the moment, I'm just desperate to get the application in now! I'm so glad I've found this thread, other people who know exactly how this feels.

Hello all! This is my first post!

The fiancé and I are just about to submit our application for 309/100, just waiting on one last Stat Dec from Oz. We've been in a relationship, and living together, for over 4 years. (I moved in the day we met, long story!). I'm in the UK on an Ancestry visa, which is due to expire in July 2014. We'd hoped to have the application in a month ago, but we've been delayed by the Stat Dec's.

My my main worry is that I'll have to go back to Australia without him next year, as it won't be processed in time. From what I've read, the average processing time seems to be 7 months at the moment. Is this right?

I'm having so many sleepless nights at the moment, I'm just desperate to get the application in now! I'm so glad I've found this thread, other people who know exactly how this feels.

Hi Lilacdreamer, welcome to the forum... I am a new member as well and submitted my PMV (300) application recently, money was taken from my fiance's card on 9th October, waiting for the email from our CO now... hopefully soon!! Then starts the long wait.........

Hi Lilacdreamer, welcome to the forum... I am a new member as well and submitted my PMV (300) application recently, money was taken from my fiance's card on 9th October, waiting for the email from our CO now... hopefully soon!! Then starts the long wait.........

Fantastic! We'll be going through this this almost simultaneously! Good luck!

Hi Chany, I applied on the 23rd April, so please do report back when your visa is granted as I'll be very keen to know. I really hope it is next month!

Hi April applicants - pls keep us posted on your progress - I am hoping for a pre-Christmas grant, fingers and toes crossed so should follow right after you!

Somehow I find this wait worse than putting together all those docs... :D

Hi All, we sent our partner visa application in on the 23rd of September, the money was taken on the 24th. We have heard nothing from them nearly a month later. Is this normal? Should we be worried? I know they have the application but not hearing anything in nearly a month is worrying us.

Hi All, we sent our partner visa application in on the 23rd of September, the money was taken on the 24th. We have heard nothing from them nearly a month later. Is this normal? Should we be worried? I know they have the application but not hearing anything in nearly a month is worrying us.

Hi bearinmind, we sent in our PMV application on 3rd October, money taken 9th / 10th, no emails from CO yet.. I thought it took a week after payment and was expecting an email last week... I keep checking my inbox every few minutes.. but I reckon you'll be hearing before me.. do keep us posted... may be they are really busy??? GOOD LUCK :hug:

Just sit tight. Your application is in. Medical and police check isn't done for a few months and tbh if there is anything they want/need they will let you know when they contact you.

Thank you dia2499 and Snifter. I'll keep you up dated dia2499 a big good luck to you too, I heard they had a lot of applications as the prices went up the beginning of September I think. It's so hard to keep calm when you put so much into the application. We spend so much to time checking the inbox and spam filter. 1 month down only another 8 to go. :-) lilacdreamer congrats on getting your application in.

Hey Guys we may all wait together - our application for partner 309/100 was received by London on the 13 September and still no CO assigned. I called last week and they said they really are very busy and count 9 mths on from the 13th Sept and work towards that date. Patience really is a virtue! My partner is Australian and we have been together heading on 3 years. He is starting his teaching in March next year. I know it might be June by the time we get our visa so our plan is he is going out mid feb and i will follow him mid april on a tourist visa. It is so nice to hear others are in the waiting game also!

As snifter says, your application is in so don't worry, you've done a month of waiting already so only another eight, give or take, to go, yay! I am amazed at how quickly the time is going, we submitted in June so are already four months in and with Christmas coming up I know that the next couple are going to absolutely fly.

Good luck everybody on your migration journeys!

Cath

Hey Guys we may all wait together - our application for partner 309/100 was received by London on the 13 September and still no CO assigned. I called last week and they said they really are very busy and count 9 mths on from the 13th Sept and work towards that date. Patience really is a virtue! My partner is Australian and we have been together heading on 3 years. He is starting his teaching in March next year. I know it might be June by the time we get our visa so our plan is he is going out mid feb and i will follow him mid april on a tourist visa. It is so nice to hear others are in the waiting game also!

Wow that makes me feel better knowing that it is everyone in the same boat. I would love to know when you do hear something. It's such a laborious project you just want to hear straight away.

Happy little Vegemite, Wow 4 months in. I know that will be us in no time. I am so glad there are people here I can talk to about how this all feels. Thank you :hug:

Hey Chany, i applied 24th April and also have KP, i'm in Brisbane Aus now waiting. Hopefully we'll hear soon !!

Hi Ashleym23 and other April applicants! Just wondering if you've herd anything yet? I'm a May applicant also waiting in OZ. Really hoping to hear something in the next couple of months :-)

We had our spousal visa (100) approved yesterday!! Very impressed that it took just 6.5 months rather than the 8-9 months we were advised. Here's our timeline:

Application submitted: 6 April 2013

Funds taken: 9 April

Case officer assigned (DP): 15 April

Medical: 11 July (police checks around same time)

Visa approved: 24 October

This finally feels very real... so happy and slightly nervous all at once.

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back.