SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We finally got our CO!! So excited, it all feels quite real now! :jiggy:

We got DP, he was really lovely. We have also been advised we are eligible for a 100 visa straight away - which is such a massive relief.

Just need to sit back and let it all play out now. We are very lucky that it will all fall in line with when we need to leave. My ancestry visa for the UK runs out in July next year, and he advised we should be able to leave the country together.

I can't believe what a weight has been lifted!

Haha, guess what - applied the same day, got DP assigned today as well! :)

(we're applying for a 309/100 visa)

And from Royal Mail tracking I know that some of our evidence must have been sent back as well - expected to arrive in the post tomorrow....

Haha, guess what - applied the same day, got DP assigned today as well! :)

(we're applying for a 309/100 visa)

And from Royal Mail tracking I know that some of our evidence must have been sent back as well - expected to arrive in the post tomorrow....

How funny! We might get granted same day too!

We applied for the 309/100 too, but we've been living together for 4.5 years, so he said we are eligible to skip straight to the 100.

Did you include an envelope for them to send your stuff back? We didn't, but we sent copies of everything, so I'm not fussed if we get it back.

How funny! We might get granted same day too!

We applied for the 309/100 too, but we've been living together for 4.5 years, so he said we are eligible to skip straight to the 100.

Did you include an envelope for them to send your stuff back? We didn't, but we sent copies of everything, so I'm not fussed if we get it back.

Yes, we included an addressed return envelope as we included some original cards (birthday, christmas etc.). Guess we'll see what we actually get back...

No skipping to 100 for us, I'm afraid! Only been living together for about 1.5 years...

Just wondering if you've been together/plus living together for 4.5years is that standard you go stright to 100? Cos i have with my partner but my c.o didnt say anything to me :-(

Still hoping as that would be ace!

Congrats on getting your c.o!

From what I can gather from reading on here, they seem to have changed their procedures a bit since we applied back in the olden days - way back in April. Folk that applied after us seem to have got sent off for their health checks after a short time, rather than wait a few months like I did and they're getting more feedback about which one they're getting. I didn't get told anything either, although I assume I'll get the 309 as I only went over the 3 years living together mark just after I put in my application. Can always hope though!

I was convinced that us Aprils would get our visa in November, but we're swiftly running out of days!

From what I can gather from reading on here, they seem to have changed their procedures a bit since we applied back in the olden days - way back in April. Folk that applied after us seem to have got sent off for their health checks after a short time, rather than wait a few months like I did and they're getting more feedback about which one they're getting. I didn't get told anything either, although I assume I'll get the 309 as I only went over the 3 years living together mark just after I put in my application. Can always hope though!

I was convinced that us Aprils would get our visa in November, but we're swiftly running out of days!

maybe people just did the health checks earlier than the 3 months? this rule was set because the meds expire in a year so people have more time to validate the visa as far as i know.

I did not receive any feedback about visa type, but I assume it will be 309.

Is there any point emailing our COs and asking for more info or would we get the standard response?

Mainly I am worried that the xmas holidays will push our grants to January:/

maybe people just did the health checks earlier than the 3 months? this rule was set because the meds expire in a year so people have more time to validate the visa as far as i know.

I did not receive any feedback about visa type, but I assume it will be 309.

Is there any point emailing our COs and asking for more info or would we get the standard response?

Mainly I am worried that the xmas holidays will push our grants to January:/

Yeah, I did mine earlier as I submitted my police checks with application so wasn't told to wait 3 months. Have actually seen on another forum someone who just got a co was told to wait 4 months.

I know, we had such a massive amount of early grants I was sure they'd be more to come and we'd be in for a nice Christmas present. January is seeming much more likely, just hope it comes before I leave!

Applied the day after Rheia and lilacdreamer, and today got my CO. Delighted!! Been told to wait till after 21 Jan 14 to go for my medicals, that's fine. At least I can get it booked in.

congrats on the co!

re the medical, if you're going for the central london clinics be prepared for only being able to book a month in advance. I might have been keen as well and called them up for a february appointment today... no chance!

other clinics might have similar limitations.

congrats on the co!

re the medical, if you're going for the central london clinics be prepared for only being able to book a month in advance. I might have been keen as well and called them up for a february appointment today... no chance!

other clinics might have similar limitations.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be going to Edinburgh for them. I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out.

Just wondering if you've been together/plus living together for 4.5years is that standard you go stright to 100? Cos i have with my partner but my c.o didnt say anything to me :-(

Still hoping as that would be ace!

Congrats on getting your c.o!

From my understanding of the documentation, they will automatically assess you for the 100 if you've been living as defacto for more than 3 years.

We have been actually living together for 4.5 years, so perhaps that's why we were told. Or perhaps, as Cheese Please says, they have changed procedures. I have my fingers crossed for you too!

From my understanding of the documentation, they will automatically assess you for the 100 if you've been living as defacto for more than 3 years.

We have been actually living together for 4.5 years, so perhaps that's why we were told. Or perhaps, as Cheese Please says, they have changed procedures. I have my fingers crossed for you too!

Thank you! :)

Yeah we've actually been living together for 4 and half years as well. But yeah maybe they have just changed the rules. I applied in May. So maybe its a new thing as my C.O hasnt said anything to me. I will live in hope though as it would be nice! Just heading into my 7th month so hopfully last few months to go eeeek

Anyone get that lovely grant email this week?

Are there any April applicants that have been granted yet?!?!!

My Canadian friend submitted her application last month and was given a 12 month wait!!! BUT shs has actually been given her grant this week! One month it took!

And just for a bit of background their not married lived together for a yr in canada n been together 4 years in total!!! Crazy!

I know all countries work different but 1 month!!! Lol

Hey everyone,

Well, I never thought the day would come but am over the moon to say my visa was granted today! Its such an amazing relief and im hoping it gives all you guys still waiting more hope of hearing soon. I applied on 24th April and KP was my co so took just over 7 months in all. I would also say that I called my co and that definitely seemed to help me get my visa through this week although I can't be sure of that but may be worth a try if you have hit the 7 month mark.

Good luck everyone! I'll keep hoping you all hear very soon!

Hey everyone,

Well, I never thought the day would come but am over the moon to say my visa was granted today! Its such an amazing relief and im hoping it gives all you guys still waiting more hope of hearing soon. I applied on 24th April and KP was my co so took just over 7 months in all. I would also say that I called my co and that definitely seemed to help me get my visa through this week although I can't be sure of that but may be worth a try if you have hit the 7 month mark.

yay such good news finally!! Congratulations :)

Hey everyone,

Yeeeay yeay...Congratulations!

Thats FAB news. ...sooo glad to hear of somone getting a grant !

Hey everyone,

Congrats, that's super news! Man, I hope mine's next...

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to all that have had their visa grated recently, it’s such good news.

I have been on the forum many times and everyone is so helpful. I was wondering if I could ask everyone for their option on a question I have. I am going to apply for the spouse visa in Feb/Mar time, but I was wondering what people views were about visa agents? Do you think they would aid or hider my application?

Any advice would be welcomed?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to all that have had their visa grated recently, it’s such good news.

I have been on the forum many times and everyone is so helpful. I was wondering if I could ask everyone for their option on a question I have. I am going to apply for the spouse visa in Feb/Mar time, but I was wondering what people views were about visa agents? Do you think they would aid or hider my application?

Any advice would be welcomed?

Thanks

Personally, we decided to go through the process without the aid of a migration agent.

Our application was straightforward and we felt that we could easily get it done well on our own. It took us 6 months from starting to look into the visa to finally sending off the application but with the help of resources online (forums / Immi website) we didn't encounter any major issues.

The main stage at which I felt a migration agent would have been useful was to review our application before it was sent off - whether we had included the most relevant information or should take out some pages, add others etc.

But then migration agents do tend to offer that as a service, separate from going through the whole application process with them (at reasonable rates).

I would have gone with a migration agent if there were complicating circumstances, i.e. if we hadn't lived together for the full 12months before the application, I was from a high risk country, there was a pre-existing medical condition, criminal convictions etc.

If you decide to use an agent, make sure they are registered! (https://www.mara.gov.au/)

Thanks for the timely response Rheia,

I think the fear of not having the right info for the application is a main concern and this causing a delay in the application is our may concrn.

I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever used an agent? Do you know of any application that have gone though this avenue?

agreed with above. in our case, PIO was the agent! we did it ourselves, preparing docs over the course of 2 months, by reading through the migration booklet and just about every PIO post and question on the topic.

and at times, even agents contribute to the forum, which is fantastic.

but in complicated circumstances, I see how an agent would be very useful (provided that one can afford one).

Hi everyone

I've just had an email from immigration asking me to take part

in a survey for visa applications finalised between March an August 2013

but we have not heard anything, anyone had this?

Yes! I just got this. Felt like it was a bit of a taunt as I'm on tenterhooks waiting for approval. Grrrr.