SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We had our spousal visa (100) approved yesterday!! Very impressed that it took just 6.5 months rather than the 8-9 months we were advised. Here's our timeline:

Application submitted: 6 April 2013

Funds taken: 9 April

Case officer assigned (DP): 15 April

Medical: 11 July (police checks around same time)

Visa approved: 24 October

This finally feels very real... so happy and slightly nervous all at once.

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Yeay! Congratulations Ksarah :) That's ace

Soo good to see more April applicants coming through! Good luck with the move

Yeay! Congratulations Ksarah :) That's ace

Soo good to see more April applicants coming through! Good luck with the move

Wow, ksarah! That's amazing news. I have everything crossed that us Aprils will all be hearing soon. So exciting.

Does anyone know how much advance warning, if any, we receieve when we need to go offshore?

Junellew - we've also got SV as our case officer. I haven't had too much contact with her, and always via email, but she can come across a bit short/formal, even when I try to be friendly!! I asked the other day whether there was a date for when my visa would be issued and she replied really quickly to say around the 5th March. There was no mention of them being busy so maybe she was just covering her back??

Fingers crossed you'll get the confirmation soon! :smile:

Junellew - we've also got SV as our case officer. I haven't had too much contact with her, and always via email, but she can come across a bit short/formal, even when I try to be friendly!! I asked the other day whether there was a date for when my visa would be issued and she replied really quickly to say around the 5th March. There was no mention of them being busy so maybe she was just covering her back??

Fingers crossed you'll get the confirmation soon! :smile:

That's impressive you got an actual estimate, when did you apply?

Hi everyone,

My 309 was granted on 18th October. I applied around 18th April so it took about 6 months to get the visa. Although I don't think it makes a difference, my case was very straight forward - no kids, no divorces, no criminal history, etc. I always worked towards the 8-9month wait, so to have the visa granted already makes for a very sweet feeling. I can't wait to see my lovely partner in Oz in 3 days time. Boom!

All the best to my fellow applicants!

Sandy

Hey Sandy,

This is such great news! Good luck in your travels and all the best :)

Hi everyone,

My 309 was granted on 18th October. I applied around 18th April so it took about 6 months to get the visa. Although I don't think it makes a difference, my case was very straight forward - no kids, no divorces, no criminal history, etc. I always worked towards the 8-9month wait, so to have the visa granted already makes for a very sweet feeling. I can't wait to see my lovely partner in Oz in 3 days time. Boom!

All the best to my fellow applicants!

Sandy

Just a wee update peeps! We finally recieved our CO on the 23 October - thankgod - sorry meant to post up but was away on hols for a few days. Date given for health checks is the 16 December and they requested my long birth certificate (which i had to order - waiting on it now) and a copy of my partners UK visa. Do feel much better now the ball is at least rolling abit and hopefully these small requests mean all the other application stuff was fine! ;o)

Just a wee update peeps! We finally recieved our CO on the 23 October - thankgod - sorry meant to post up but was away on hols for a few days. Date given for health checks is the 16 December and they requested my long birth certificate (which i had to order - waiting on it now) and a copy of my partners UK visa. Do feel much better now the ball is at least rolling abit and hopefully these small requests mean all the other application stuff was fine! ;o)

Thanks so much for the update madoabnot.. we are still waiting for our CO (money taken 9th October).. hopefully soon now.. Good luck with everything.. :-)

I finally got my uk case officer today (don't ask, long story)

so my case officer gave me her name, is that normal?

As I see everyone else has initials?

also iv been given 28 days to provide my police clearance arghhhh I hope it arrives in time

I finally got my uk case officer today (don't ask, long story)

so my case officer gave me her name, is that normal?

As I see everyone else has initials?

also iv been given 28 days to provide my police clearance arghhhh I hope it arrives in time

Perfectly normal re case officer name. We just ask people not to use their names on the forum and to stick to initials.

Your police check should be back in plenty of time.

We have our CO today. Woohooo:biggrin: We have TS and all we need to provide is a medical in due course. Processing time is the normal 8-9 months. Since we are already over a month down the path 7-8 months left :laugh:

Ohhhhh that's awesome news bearinmind.. I think we'll be next then... hopefully sometime next week!! So the CO is happy with all your docs and you just need to provide medical.. Good luck.. xxx

Ohhhhh that's awesome news bearinmind.. I think we'll be next then... hopefully sometime next week!! So the CO is happy with all your docs and you just need to provide medical.. Good luck.. xxx

I have my fingers crossed you hear something really soon.

Yes It's so nice to know all that hard work means we got it right.... a big surprise I was convinced we would have forgotten something. I think we enclosed everything we could find....i think there was a kitchen sink in there too :biggrin: I look forward to hearing that you have received you CO soon. xxxxxxx

visa arrived 31st October- 12 days before 8 month mark!

Me (Aussie) & BF (English) took months to collate all our evidence, been together 4 years, such a long expensive process but it is defintely worth it!!

Our case officer was DP, and we had abit of a scare due to him being absent and the police check got lost- therefore he only received it Wednesday, but thankfully visa was granted straight away!

Visa received at embassy 12th March and granted 31st october!

Looking forward to getting a proper summer come february!

visa arrived 31st October- 12 days before 8 month mark!

Me (Aussie) & BF (English) took months to collate all our evidence, been together 4 years, such a long expensive process but it is defintely worth it!!

Our case officer was DP, and we had abit of a scare due to him being absent and the police check got lost- therefore he only received it Wednesday, but thankfully visa was granted straight away!

Visa received at embassy 12th March and granted 31st october!

Looking forward to getting a proper summer come february!

That is such good news. I am so envious. :-) What part of Australia are you moving to? Home for me is Brisbane. Good Luck.

Well done sinnys, fab news for you :)

Have any Aprils heard anymore news? I'm hoping we're very close but it's so hard not knowing.

Does anyone know if we receive much advance warning to go offshore I.e. an email saying the visa is ready to grant in 2 weeks or will it simply be an email saying the visa is ready to grant as soon as we go offshore?

Well done sinnys, fab news for you :)

Have any Aprils heard anymore news? I'm hoping we're very close but it's so hard not knowing.

Does anyone know if we receive much advance warning to go offshore I.e. an email saying the visa is ready to grant in 2 weeks or will it simply be an email saying the visa is ready to grant as soon as we go offshore?

If they are aware you are in Aus they usually email you to inform you your visa is ready to be granted and give you X amount of time to arrange to go offshore for when it is actually granted.

Oh, I have started the continuous checking of this site to see if any april applicants have been granted, here's hoping it they will start soon, as I applied 23rd and getting excited to leave for Oz!! :biggrin:

same here snufkin! early may applicant here, very impatient:)

couple of us have been following this here thread too:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/196048-309-de-facto-partner-visa-april-still-waiting-5.html

says some april applicants have been granted, though I find it hard to see a pattern (some get granted, some don't, depending on workload etc) so all we can do is hope and speculate:)

same here snufkin! early may applicant here, very impatient:)

couple of us have been following this here thread too:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/196048-309-de-facto-partner-visa-april-still-waiting-5.html

says some april applicants have been granted, though I find it hard to see a pattern (some get granted, some don't, depending on workload etc) so all we can do is hope and speculate:)

Same here! I promise to report back on here when I (hopefully) get the nod of approval, it's got to be soon...