SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Visa granted today!! May2nd applicant .. Merry Xmas to all and good luck to everyone waiting!!!!

whee! anther happy day! congrats!

do you guys reckon there could be more grants before new years or do we just expect January?

cheers and happy holidays all! :biggrin:

Mine is 21st May!! And my C.O said she has assessed me for the 100. Im really hoping to hear something in Jan.

BizLarker did you say you where end of may/early June? We're heading into the 8th month now :-)

11th June! Am so hoping my CO grants when I go to NZ on 5th. Wishful thinking but you never know. I would love to ask them to but just can't help thinking that won't work in my favour and they won't take kindly to being asked to grant earlier than the 8-9mths as this has been continually highlighted to me on any communication! We should have a celebratory drink when we are all done!!

whee! anther happy day! congrats!

do you guys reckon there could be more grants before new years or do we just expect January?

cheers and happy holidays all! :biggrin:

Audre, I forget when you lodged. Was it May this year? How much longer do you have officially if going out from the official 8-9 months? Hope it isn't too long for you now.

As a side note in this thread - If anyone is applying offshore from Thailand, I know of 2 people who applied and were told a year at least in the waiting and one had theirs granted in 7 months, the other was granted last week at just on 5 1/2 months!

BizLarker! Yess im definetly up for that :-) i cant wait...will feel like ice won the lottery ha! Aww i really do hope yours comes early Jan...all these flights are mad!

I think Audre is a May applicant too. it lools like Thailand is a good place to get a quick grand...5and a half months is super lucky!

BizLarker! Yess im definetly up for that :-) i cant wait...will feel like ice won the lottery ha! Aww i really do hope yours comes early Jan...all these flights are mad!

I think Audre is a May applicant too. it lools like Thailand is a good place to get a quick grand...5and a half months is super lucky!

hi all - yes, I applied first week of May so hopefully not too long now! nearing that 8 month mark :arghh:

Hey everyone, I lodged my spouse visa at the start of December. It was only 2 weeks ago but are we suppose to have heard from them yet to say they have received it? We sent tracked so we know they it arrived, but have no idea what next.

Hi Emmie2010

I did receive an email of acknowledgement a couple of weeks after I handed it in. Still waiting to be assigned a case officer though

I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of you April and May applicants still waiting that you get your grant for Christmas, how cool that would be! Hopefully we'll be following shortly behind, fellow June applicants.

Merry Christmas everyone, I assume for a lot of us it will be the last one in the UK for a while :biggrin:

Wow last crimbo in england!!!

Good luck to those who are still waiting! And for those who have had their grants through!!

Pomsinoz has been a great help through the long wait!

Wishing you all the best for the new year guys!! Roll on 2014 in the land down under!!! Something tells me christmas may never feel the same or cold lol

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!! XXX

• 2 weeks later...
Yaaaay awesome news!!! Same CO as me too, vey exciting! Seems like getting in contact with them almost acts as a reminder or something...

Does anyone know - we're moving back in with my parents for a few weeks prior to flying to australia, do we need to tell CO this address?

Happy New year everyone! and hope everyone had a Merry Christmas :-)

Lucyh88 Have you herd anything yet?? Im getting itchy feet now we are well over the 7 month mark! ahhhh x

Happy New year everyone! and hope everyone had a Merry Christmas :-)

Lucyh88 Have you herd anything yet?? Im getting itchy feet now we are well over the 7 month mark! ahhhh x

Nope not yet! CO said the week before I am due to travel it would be possible to grant. I fly sat 18th so hopefully I'll hear next week?! I'll let you know as soon as I hear! Hopefully we'll see a few mays now we're into the new year!

hi lovely PIO people, i got my amazing grant, right around the 8 month mark:) I wish all of you May applicants speedy grants - you are next in line!

i just want to thank everyone for their support and updates, it has really meant a lot during this waiting time.

also many thanks for the advice offered and generally great community feel.

best of luck to all and many happy beginnings!

cheers! :yes:

Hey guys, been lurking this thread for the past few months. Just looking for someone else's perspective.

I applied for a PMV visa on the 13th May in London, CO assigned shortly afterwards on the 23rd. All Medical and police clearences done in late September.

My current situation is that my contract with my current employer is coming to end in the next two weeks and also my landlord has given me my 30 days notice to move out. I thought to contact my CO to clarify my position and see what is happening in regards to my application, but it appears they are on leave.

Should I try and contact the department if my case officer still off on leave next week as it's 3 months until the wedding and I'm getting a little desperate to get out there asap and finalise our wedding plans, also with my tenancy agreement coming to end and my employment ceasing within the next two weeks.

Any advise would be welcome as quite frustrated it hasn't come through yet, and these external factors are making us a little miserable.

Congrats to anyone who had their grants come through recently, I'm very envious! ha!

Edited by Bownox

Hey guys, been lurking this thread for the past few months. Just looking for someone else's perspective.

I applied for a PMV visa on the 13th May in London, CO assigned shortly afterwards on the 23rd. All Medical and police clearences done in late September.

My current situation is that my contract with my current employer is coming to end in the next two weeks and also my landlord has given me my 30 days notice to move out. I thought to contact my CO to clarify my position and see what is happening in regards to my application, but it appears they are on leave.

Should I try and contact the department if my case officer still off on leave next week as it's 3 months until the wedding and I'm getting a little desperate to get out there asap and finalise our wedding plans, also with my tenancy agreement coming to end and my employment ceasing within the next two weeks.

Any advise would be welcome as quite frustrated it hasn't come through yet, and these external factors are making us a little miserable.

Congrats to anyone who had their grants come through recently, I'm very envious! ha!

I'm sorry about your news, it might be good timing though! Have you thought about going over on holiday? Or if you're legible a WHV? You will need to tell them that you're in Australia though and leave before it's ready to be granted.

The grant is just around the corner though - even if your CO is on holiday your case is still getting processed. Normal wait is 8 - 9 months.

Like Missmontie saya, your grant is not to far away....

A visitor visa is free, no work allowed though. You just need to go off-shore for a couple of days for the new visa to take effect.

I know the CO's tend to advise against applicants contacting them, however I have seen others in the forum be in a similar situation: close to grant and circumstances where a quick getaway from the UK is preferable. They email the CO with their issues, receive the standard '8-9 month' email in reply, then within hours/days get the grant!

I'm not suggesting that a prod will get you a grant, but I don't think there is any harm in it. Let them know that none of these events were of your doing too. I remember a bit of OH's email saying about not selling houses or quitting jobs until grant is through as this will not speed things up.

Be prepared for them to say no, maybe it will be through soon anyway.

Fingers crossed for you, I'm sure it's not long now!

Like Missmontie saya, your grant is not to far away....

A visitor visa is free, no work allowed though. You just need to go off-shore for a couple of days for the new visa to take effect.

I know the CO's tend to advise against applicants contacting them, however I have seen others in the forum be in a similar situation: close to grant and circumstances where a quick getaway from the UK is preferable. They email the CO with their issues, receive the standard '8-9 month' email in reply, then within hours/days get the grant!

I'm not suggesting that a prod will get you a grant, but I don't think there is any harm in it. Let them know that none of these events were of your doing too. I remember a bit of OH's email saying about not selling houses or quitting jobs until grant is through as this will not speed things up.

Be prepared for them to say no, maybe it will be through soon anyway.

Fingers crossed for you, I'm sure it's not long now!

Thanks both for your replies.

I have seen a gentle prod can work in certain circumstances, I'm sure I'm not the only applicant with some issues prior to leaving the U.K.

I've actually already been on a 2 year WHV so that kind of eliminates that option, I spoke with the other half today and she's in the theory of just asking my CO if it's worthwhile going over on a tourist visa if I'm very close to being granted. Ideally I just want to get over there, see the other half and get the wedding plans sorted and get our lives together on the way, but just some advice from the CO would be great to our minds at ease and some direction also.

I've been an insufferable sod the past few months as my friends and family can attest to! Ha!

Your CO will hopefully be back soon from hols. I don't know if anyone else will do anything re a grant if your CO is due back soon and it's within the timeframe still but you could try. The 9 month window isn't far off and hopefully with a nudge on return from holiday your CO will grant. It should be granted by mid Feb at the latest if going on the timeframe they give.

Be careful applying for any other visa now unless you notify and hear back from your CO as it might cross over with your PMV and can cancel it out apparently.

ETA - people from April are being granted now so I don't think May applicants are too far behind.

Edited by Guest

hi lovely PIO people, i got my amazing grant, right around the 8 month mark:) I wish all of you May applicants speedy grants - you are next in line!

i just want to thank everyone for their support and updates, it has really meant a lot during this waiting time.

also many thanks for the advice offered and generally great community feel.

best of luck to all and many happy beginnings!

cheers! :yes:

Fab news for you :) remember when you applied. Good luck with your new life in Aus :D

Be careful applying for any other visa now unless you notify and hear back from your CO as it might cross over with your PMV and can cancel it out apparently.

Yes, this is true, I emailed my CO a few months ago asking this as I had the option to get sponsored and they said that if the sponsorship visa was granted after the partner one, it would over ride the partner one - I don't know if that is the same for a visitors visa though.