SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone!

Good to see theres some visas been going through lately!! Congrats to all!!

I completed my medical on the 30/8, just waiting for appointment with my gp tomorrow as I am waiting other blood results that were being carried out previous to my medical! and then have to fax over letter from my gp to the medical team and then off it goes to my case officer with no problems hopefully :-)

Cant believe now at the half way mark! Cant wait to see the hubby in the new year!

Hi snj87 My partner(English) applied for his visa in New Zealand. It was processed there in Auckland. We were told it would take 12 months to be processed but it only took 3 and was granted while we were both in Indonesia on holiday. This was great news but caused problems as we weren't ready for it.What country did you originally apply in? It might depend on what visa you are on in that country. Would be horrible to have to wait an extra 3 months.

Hi Shae, Could you please let me know the date your visa was approved as also told 12 mths by Auckland office for prospective marriage visa we applied for in early July 2013.

Got my partner visa (309) yesterday :biggrin:

Does anyone know if they actually do wait the 2 years from lodgement before granting the 100 visa ?

They wait about 22 months from the date of your original application to send out the forms for the second stage. After you return them the processing time is anywhere from 10 days to 10 months before the 100 is actually granted. Last year mine took 5.5 months, but the published timescale was 10 months.

They don't grant the 100 2 years from the original application, they start processing it then.

Hi hawthorn

We applied for PMV mid march and it was approved begining of June. I can't remember exact dates but it was 12 weeks. We were on holidays and I was wedding this and wedding that and he said 'Enough wedding talk visa isnt going to be granted for months'. Next day it was granted :-) My partner sent in everything at once and we had 1 request for more information about actual wedding plans. I think they might have processed it faster because his NZ visa and police clearance were about to expire.

Being process earlier is great but we now can't have a wedding on the date we picked because it is after the 9 months. So having to reorganise everything in peak wedding season and summer holidays is a nightmare.

I searched everywhere trying to find someone else who had applied in NZ. Glad you found me and I could help someone else out.

Can I ask, George, I told my CO my new address but I lodged from the UK and told her where I would be staying in Aus. Should I use one of the forms to change my address details to where I'm staying, officially? Or will my CO of already changed it on my file to where I'm staying in Aus? I'm guessing not.

I didn't worry witha form, I sent my CO an email saying my wife had moved and my proposed address had also moved. I then didn't tell them about the subsequent moves after that...and they sent my second stage paperwork to the latest address I had given them.

Your CO from stage 1 now doesn't care about you...they have granted your visa so you aren't their case any more. Stage 2 is handled by a different department in Australia (not the UK)

I called DIAC 22 motnsh after applciation only to find they had already oposted out my second stage paperwork to the last address tehy ahd for me. I gave tehm my new details over the phone and they emaield me all the paperwork. They didn't bother posting it as I could print it out. It's not a big deal. They only want your address to send out that letter. I'd wait until neareer the time, say 18 months after application in case you move between now and then. Saves you having to do it a few times. Call them and see if they want to change it over the phone or just do it all by email.

Hi All,

My mrs contacted High Commission and they replied back that clearances had been received on medical. But didn’t provide any ETA for final grant.

My concern is on Police certificate which is already expired in July.

Do you guys think that High Commission will ask again for Police Certificate before final grant(though it is deemed valid for 1 yr for immigration purposes)? And if they do ask how much time they will take for visa grant from receiving it.

Thanks

Hi Eveyone,

My boyfriends visa was granted on Tuesday the 10th! So SO happy!

Just in case anyone is interested our timeline was as follows:

Application received at Australia House on the 14th of February, requested new photocopies of passports and my boyfriends birth certificate because they weren't certified correctly, medical and police checks were done on the 22nd of May, no live trace came up on the police check so he was asked to send a statement which was done by the 1st of June, called in August to check they had everything they needed and we would be ok to leave in October and enter Australia in December/January as we wanted to go travelling, then nothing until this Tuesday when we got the wonderful grant email!

Almost 7 months exactly - we feel very lucky to have received the grant earlier than the 8-9 month time frame.

Our co was SV.

As we had already planned to go travelling it is a relief to know we are leaving with the visa!

Good luck to everyone else waiting! And thank you all for the advice along the way :biggrin:

Guys, any words on below query.

Hi All,

My mrs contacted High Commission and they replied back that clearances had been received on medical. But didn’t provide any ETA for final grant.

Do you guys think that High Commission will ask again for Police Certificate before final grant(though it is deemed valid for 1 yr for immigration purposes)? And if they do ask how much time they will take for visa grant from receiving it.

Thanks

She applied end of Jan 2013 from HR country.

Hi All,

Thanks

I think that you have to have another one. PM one of the mods, as they know a lot about this type of thing, or even better, start another thread. Rupert, George D, Lebourvelle all know a lot about this and can then answer your query. It might get a little lost in a big thread like this x

Hi Eveyone,

My boyfriends visa was granted on Tuesday the 10th! So SO happy!

Just in case anyone is interested our timeline was as follows:

Application received at Australia House on the 14th of February, requested new photocopies of passports and my boyfriends birth certificate because they weren't certified correctly, medical and police checks were done on the 22nd of May, no live trace came up on the police check so he was asked to send a statement which was done by the 1st of June, called in August to check they had everything they needed and we would be ok to leave in October and enter Australia in December/January as we wanted to go travelling, then nothing until this Tuesday when we got the wonderful grant email!

Almost 7 months exactly - we feel very lucky to have received the grant earlier than the 8-9 month time frame.

Our co was SV.

As we had already planned to go travelling it is a relief to know we are leaving with the visa!

Good luck to everyone else waiting! And thank you all for the advice along the way :biggrin:

Congratulations. I'm glad it's worked out for you my dear :hug:

HiChristiancarella, I applied on 1st of March for 309 visa and now waiting eagerly for the grant. Feb applicants are getting their visas now, I am just hoping mine will come soon too. I have been checking this forum like ten times a day just to see if any of the March applicants have got their visa ..lol.. Can't wait...

HiChristiancarella, I applied on 1st of March for 309 visa and now waiting eagerly for the grant. Feb applicants are getting their visas now, I am just hoping mine will come soon too. I have been checking this forum like ten times a day just to see if any of the March applicants have got their visa ..lol.. Can't wait...

lol yes I know the feeling. I'm glued to this forum and very eager to get this grant. My co dp is on indefinate leave though so hopefully there isn't much delay. Good luck with it all :)

Reading with interest, I have just sent all my paperwork to GoMatilda and all seems in order and my partner in OZ is sending hers out on Monday, this is the very early stage of getting together and we are already missing one another so much its unreal, but we both know the wait is worth it to be together, I am UK based and she is in Newcastle, we spent a wonderful few weeks together in May and June but we have been in contact for over six years, before deciding we were right for each other so i have applied for the marriage visa 300, the amount of work and affidavits and solicitors fees is huge but love doesnt see any barriers!... I hope to unfold my story for you guys as it unfolds start to finish, I wish you all luck with your applications and will keep you posted as and when and give you my timeline !!

any one else submit their visa in a country in which they are not a resident? get a case officer, have medicals requested etc then 3 months down the line get told : you not a resident of this country so we are now sending you application to london

???

still fuming

2 weeks since my app was sent to London, anyone know if I should recieve an acknowledgement email at all? Or am I just waiting for a case officer, I hate not knowing, I just pray it ain't lost somewhere

Visa granted, called off shore see Catatemyfish stats for details as shes my fiancé. Application rec'd feb 30th, called of shore 24th September. Good luck all, dont read to much rubbish on here,its probably fine,it is what it is youll be grand. Whats that wee song "theres nothing like australia, there's nothing like australia"(thats not a knife,this is a knife).

I just got my visa granted today :):) I think I am the first of the March applicants, timelines are as follows;

Lodged 5th March

Meds + Certs 5th June

Granted 24th September

Just under 7 months :) Leaving beginning of October and so excited!