SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest guest72634
My CO is still giving nothing away so I really don't know what to do, I need some advice. You're not the only person who lodged 2 weeks before me who has already been given a date but I'm still being quoted 5-6 months and they're not in a position to tell me when it will be granted apart from that it will likely be 'nearer' to 6 than 5 months. I've told them that I'm considering flying over on a tourist visa a month before my due date but that would just be a guess, I'm thinking perhaps he just said nearer to 6 to be on the safe side in which case if I fly out a month before the 6 month mark I may need to head to NZ to be offshore not soon afterwards.... making it not worth it. It's going to cost us a lot for the NZ holiday to fly from Adelaide then accommodation but I think it's do-able. Just not sure whether it's worth it just to see each other a month sooner (can only afford a month of not working) as it would mean extra costs (flight,accommodation,tourist visa, leaving my job earlier and not being able to work in Aus immediately.) But on the other hand, it's been 6 months apart so far, every day is a struggle without him and I absolutely hate my temp job and living situation over here.

It seems to be a catch 22, any recommendations to sway me one way or the other? It's all up to me really. What I say to him goes, hehe.

I am in the same situation as you. My application was lodged 29 May and I haven't seen my fiancé since 1st Jan. I was told 5-6 and at the time every one seemed to be getting theres in 5 months. I am flying over this Sunday on a e-visitor and my CO has said she will try and grant before it runs out. This will take it into Dec which is over 6 months. Looks like I will have to be a lady of leisure for longer than I had planned.

I am in the same situation as you. My application was lodged 29 May and I haven't seen my fiancé since 1st Jan. I was told 5-6 and at the time every one seemed to be getting theres in 5 months. I am flying over this Sunday on a e-visitor and my CO has said she will try and grant before it runs out. This will take it into Dec which is over 6 months. Looks like I will have to be a lady of leisure for longer than I had planned.

Seems there are a few of us in this position.

I applied in mid June and have been given a timesecale of mid Nov -mid Dec for my grant.

the problem i have is that my partner is returning to work mid Nov in Oz after many years living in the uk and he will need to be there for a couple of weeks sorting accomodation etc before starting work. It really therefore makes sense to go together , at the end of Oct although in theory i could be there on a tourist for 6 weeks. Rather irritating to have to do a visa run to Nz but there we go.

this week seems to have been very slow on the visa grant front. I am getting very bored of waiting.

me too mate

but only applied last week :biglaugh:

I should have pulled my finger out and applied months ago, now I'll probably miss most of the summer.

Trade off is I can hammer through some more hours here and save extra cash...

I suspect that now that the estimated grant time has gone up from 8-9 months those of us who applied mid-march that are still waiting that the grant time is more like 6 months rather than 5.

Not that I am in any panic just yet!!

Dave........??

Dave I'm in the same position as you - applied mid March. Chased it a couple of weeks ago and my CO said "within the next few weeks"...so frustrating given that I've seen others who applied a week or two after me be granted theirs already! In the case of straightforward applications I just wish they'd be consistent

I suspect that now that the estimated grant time has gone up from 8-9 months those of us who applied mid-march that are still waiting that the grant time is more like 6 months rather than 5.

Not that I am in any panic just yet!!

Dave........??

My CO has told me it will be granted early next week. I fly on Wednesday.

Happy days....... though the stress & secrecy of the process will stick with me for a while!

Congrats Dave, that must finally be such a relief for you!

I've now exited the UK, although due to our plane being broken it took 26 hours before we actually could take off (hotel stay etc). Bit of a pain, but we're thinking of the compensation and now comfortable in LA for 2 weeks before onwards to Melbourne! :)

Guest charleysmum74

I have arrived in NZ today from Melb. Still waiting for email with visa grant but have been assured by my CO that she will grant it while I am here. Watch this space!!!

Guest Vixenpops

hi all

i have been told a mid october grant and nothing else given away (despite my begging) - do people normally get their visas on time and when do they give the hints?? I really want to book my flight :-)

Hi Vixenpops,

Mine is due at the end of October. I emailed my CO and told her I had found a good flight for 15th November and would it be ok to go ahead and book. She told me Yes, just to let her know when i'd booked it and then email her 2 weeks before and she will grant my visa. :biggrin:

Guest pinkgibbon
hi all

i have been told a mid october grant and nothing else given away (despite my begging) - do people normally get their visas on time and when do they give the hints?? I really want to book my flight :-)

When did you apply? My case has told me about a week before i want to fly to see if i will be able to fly when i want to. I'm calling on friday as this will be about the 5 month mark. I really want to know so that i can book my flight as soon after it will come through as possible

Guest charleysmum74

my visa has been granted SV followed through on her promise, soooooooooooooo relieved! I can now go back to Oz on Weds as a PR.

Good luck to everyone else who is part of this cloak and dagger process xx

Guest pinkgibbon
my visa has been granted SV followed through on her promise, soooooooooooooo relieved! I can now go back to Oz on Weds as a PR.

Good luck to everyone else who is part of this cloak and dagger process xx

Congratulations