Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

23 hours ago, DuongT said:

Hi all, 

Finally, my mom got 2nd VAC yesterday after 6 years 2.5months

Applied visa 173 with dependency: 30/08/2016

Received request additional doc  on 22/08/2022

Summit all on 06/09/2022

2nd VAC for both on 14/11/2022

Congratulations, I'm happy for you

• Congratulations 2

15 hours ago, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Can we pay 2nd VaS from different banks. The limit is only 20k.Anyone know please guide.All required documents submitted AaS also approved on 13/10/2022. Still nothing heard about 2nd VaS.How much time will take?

It would be really nice if someone who has recently had visa finalised to share payment options for second VAC. TIA

22 hours ago, Biggsy said:

If you have an Australian bank account you can use BPAY up to $100,000.00. You would have to go into your bank account and check/set your BPAY limit first.

Speak to bank you can raise limit temporally mine was 200,000k ( house proceeds) once with no issues. BPAY and transfer limits. I can alter mine on line. If the funds are there it will work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dunroaming said:

Sorry to ask off topic but for the life of me I cannot fathom how to add time line progress to bottom of profile , sorry bit of a computer dinosaur.

Hi there,

Go to the top right corner of the page where it displays your username, drop down, select "Account Settings", Under "Signature" on the left, add your timeline as signature and save. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KAK said:

Latest I found on social media forum is someone getting invited for an application acknowledged on March 17, 2017 has one adult and one 20 YO dependent. Has anyone else seen any invites post that date? Thanks.

Yes there’s one on this forum who’s been asked for further docs for 173 with date May 2017!  Scoll through and find it 

Edited by LindaH27

58 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes there’s one on this forum who’s been asked for further docs for 173 with date May 2017!  Scoll through and find it 

Hi Linda, Yes, I remember that one. But that is the only case that I have seen for May. My application submission and ack is in April so haven't been able to make sense out of that. I thought the applications were being processed serially as they were filed. Would be good to know if anyone has been called for docs after March 17, 2017 or in April. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, KAK said:

Hi Linda, Yes, I remember that one. But that is the only case that I have seen for May. My application submission and ack is in April so haven't been able to make sense out of that. I thought the applications were being processed serially as they were filed. Would be good to know if anyone has been called for docs after March 17, 2017 or in April. Thank you.

I don’t understand it myself as I’m aware that there are still People from September 2016 onwards who are still waiting ! 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, burmtra said:

Does anyone know the current anticipated processing times for 143 and 864 visas (if the application is submitted now?)

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks

Approx 10 years unless annual quota is increased further. There’s around 78,000  in queue already waiting and approx 7500-8000 grants per year  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Approx 10 years unless annual quota is increased further. There’s around 78,000  in queue already waiting and approx 7500-8000 grants per year  

@LindaH27, have you tried Go Matilda's calculator?    At the moment, it only calculates up to December 2021, but even that shows a waiting time of about 15 years, not 10.

15 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

@LindaH27, have you tried Go Matilda's calculator?    At the moment, it only calculates up to December 2021, but even that shows a waiting time of about 15 years, not 10.

It is actually only correct up to August 2021 - it will not work after that. But that shows around 8 years for an August  2021 application. Did you amend from 3500 visas being processed. ? Immi are already asking March 2017  applicants for further details 

C20F82D2-1A80-4139-9421-FFB15A88A808.png

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2022 at 08:07, tejinderjeet said:

Hi there 

I lodged on 28/04/2017 for 143 visa. Any updates what dates they are up to at the moment?

March 2017 but I haven’t seen many posts saying they’re being asked for further docs. It’s therefore very  possible that they’ve reached the quota for the year and won’t grant any more until the start of the next financial year in July 2023   

11 minutes ago, tostar said:

Or they could be closed for the holiday period with less activity over the last couple weeks?

Possibly but there’s a few posts around on various forums from migration agents who feel that March 2017 is as far as it will go this financial year given the numbers in the queue. It’s gone from being stuck in May 2016 for two years to March 2017  just since  the new Gov came in so they’ve probably reached the quota given and are just processing/finalising those