Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

10 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Subclass 143 Application Date - 14/11/2018

Received Queue Date email today after 5 years. I know this doesn't change much, but glad to see that they are at least looking at the applications and assigning queue dates.

Please will you confirm that your queue date is 14/11/18 - the same as your application date?  A post on another Social Media platform stated they’d received a queue date the same as their application date - October 2018.  

My queue date is 10/05/21 and my application date is 18/07/18.  

7 hours ago, MillieB said:

Please will you confirm that your queue date is 14/11/18 - the same as your application date?  A post on another Social Media platform stated they’d received a queue date the same as their application date - October 2018.  

My queue date is 10/05/21 and my application date is 18/07/18.  

Yes the queue date has been specified same as application date - 14 Nov 2018

You may want to write to them about your case. Maybe the case officer made a mistake in assigning the queue date.

Edited by Sherlock

9 hours ago, Sherlock said:

You may want to write to them about your case. Maybe the case officer made a mistake in assigning the queue date.

@Alan Collett can anything be done about this, Alan?  Suddenly the queue dates have started being given as the date of application, meaning earlier applications have been given a much later queue date.  This is the second one I heard about yesterday.  Thanks.

I just read this on the homeaffairs website:

Note: If you applied for a Contributory Parent visa before 1 June 2018, the queue date is the application lodgement date. For all other applications, the queue date is assigned once the application is assessed as meeting the core visa criteria.

Screenshot_20231124_171219_Chrome.jpg

42 minutes ago, thinh7tn said:

I just read this on the homeaffairs website:

Note: If you applied for a Contributory Parent visa before 1 June 2018, the queue date is the application lodgement date. For all other applications, the queue date is assigned once the application is assessed as meeting the core visa criteria.

Screenshot_20231124_171219_Chrome.jpg

Thanks.  Yes I am aware of this.  My application date is 18/07/2018 and my queue date is 10/05/21.  Two posts on different forums yesterday, said they had just received the queue date letter and had been given the application date as the queue date.  One application October 2018, queue date October 2018, ( I can’t remember the exact date.  They posted the queue letter but the post has since been deleted).  The one posted on here yesterday, is a November 2018 applicant and they have confirmed they have also been given their application date as their queue date.  

My issue is that, despite applying later than me, their queue date is nearly 3 years earlier.  I’m sure this is human error, (we all make mistakes), but I’m hoping that this is noticed and rectified, so everyone is dealt with timely and fairly.  

4 minutes ago, MillieB said:

Thanks.  Yes I am aware of this.  My application date is 18/07/2018 and my queue date is 10/05/21.  Two posts on different forums yesterday, said they had just received the queue date letter and had been given the application date as the queue date.  One application October 2018, queue date October 2018, ( I can’t remember the exact date.  They posted the queue letter but the post has since been deleted).  The one posted on here yesterday, is a November 2018 applicant and they have confirmed they have also been given their application date as their queue date.  

My issue is that, despite applying later than me, their queue date is nearly 3 years earlier.  I’m sure this is human error, (we all make mistakes), but I’m hoping that this is noticed and rectified, so everyone is dealt with timely and fairly.  

@MillieB - I also feel that it must be a human error - I strongly suggest you write to them with details (if you haven't already).

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

@MillieB - I also feel that it must be a human error - I strongly suggest you write to them with details (if you haven't already).

@Sherlock   Thanks, Sherlock.  I don’t think the error is with my queue date.  Other 143 applicants have been given much later queue dates than their application date.  It is only seems to be applicants contacted recently that have been given their application date, as their queue date.

I have emailed my migration agent so,  hopefully, he can shed some light on this.

4 hours ago, MillieB said:

@Alan Collett can anything be done about this, Alan?  Suddenly the queue dates have started being given as the date of application, meaning earlier applications have been given a much later queue date.  This is the second one I heard about yesterday.  Thanks.

I think there is a misunderstanding as to the operation of queue dates.

See the commentary here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

Best regards.

1 hour ago, MillieB said:

@Sherlock   Thanks, Sherlock.  I don’t think the error is with my queue date.  Other 143 applicants have been given much later queue dates than their application date.  It is only seems to be applicants contacted recently that have been given their application date, as their queue date.

I have emailed my migration agent so,  hopefully, he can shed some light on this.

See the link in my post above.

Best regards.

3 hours ago, MillieB said:

"All Contributory Parent visa applications lodged before 1 June 2018 have been given a queue date of the application lodgement date and applications lodged on or after 1 June 2018 will be assessed and given a queue date when it meets the initial visa criteria."

It is all there on the Department's website ...

Best regards.

On 23/11/2023 at 14:01, Sherlock said:

Subclass 143 Application Date - 14/11/2018

Received Queue Date email today after 5 years. I know this doesn't change much, but glad to see that they are at least looking at the applications and assigning queue dates.

What queue date have you been allocated please?

Best regards.

14 hours ago, Sherlock said:

This is not correct.

I recommend communicating with your migration agent, or the PVC directly if you don't have one.

Best regards.

10 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

What queue date have you been allocated please?

Best regards.

@Alan Collett - I have been allocated the queue date as 14 Nov 2018. This is the same date as my application lodgement date.

@MillieB @Alan Collett- Screenshot from the letter below, showing both dates.

Screenshot_20231124_215630_Samsung Notes.jpg

Edited by Sherlock

5 hours ago, Sherlock said:

@Alan Collett- By "write to them" I simply meant write to the PVC (unless you have an agent ofcourse).

@Sherlock I think Alan means it is not correct that you have a queue date the same as your application date, unless you applied before 1st June 2018.  Hopefully,  @Alan Collett will reply to clarify. 

Edited by MillieB

5 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Well I'm not going to question that queue date hahaha... 😄

@Sherlock  Panic over!  I got a revised queue letter today.  We’ve now got our application date as our queue date -  18/07/18.  It looks like they are amending all queue dates issued to applications made since 01/06/23.  Phew!  

Edited by MillieB

1 hour ago, MillieB said:

@Sherlock  Panic over!  I got a revised queue letter today.  We’ve now got our application date as our queue date -  18/07/18.  It looks like they are amending all queue dates issued to applications made since 01/06/23.  Phew!  

Fantastic news @MillieB! I'm glad they fixed the queue date for you.

@Alan Collett - Looks like this is a new development, and a good news.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2023 at 04:52, MillieB said:

Agreed!

We've seen a batch of applications for clients with revised queue dates that are now the visa application date.

Which is a change of approach.

I think an email to the Department in Canberra will be in order ...

Best regards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

First post, thought i would share some of my dates for the 143 VISA as i've just received the queue letter today.

VISA 143 lodged – 24/5/19

IMMI Ackn of Valid Application – 22/6/19

Queue letter – 19/12/23 (Queue date assigned> 24 May 2019)

So what can I expect next?

Thanks