Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 08/08/2022 at 20:26, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

We applied on 21/10/2016. So for nothing heard from IMMI. Will any let me know whether we can get pcc from Australia/UK/India in advance. These days we are in UK for about 4 months.

We applied for PCC from India in advance as it takes quite long. Its valid to use for 1 year so we thought why not get it ready. This allowed us to submit PCC/AOS within 28 days. Normally, even if it takes little longer than 28 days, you can still get an extension from them.

On 19/08/2022 at 15:41, Biggsy said:

We had 28 days to make 2nd payment and also provide details of flights and arrangements to leave/re-enter Australia as we were on shore.

Hi @Biggsy

Congratulations!!! Were you asked to leave the country and re-enter? I have heard these days you are not required to leave the country. Am I missing anything here or something has changed recently?

Edited by Guru81

11 minutes ago, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

How much time will take to get PCC from Aus.Govt.

As from India,it is not possible to get PCC from India Govt because it takes about one month. 
How much time is required to all documents to Aus. Govt. 

Just because it takes a month doesn't mean its impossible to get one 🙂

AFP usually takes a couple of weeks

We are in the (hopefully) final stages of our visa journey, however we have encountered a frustrating delay in getting our German police clearance. We know the process as we had to do the same early last year for bridging visas. The issue is that it is a postal application to the authority in Germany and once it is sent the only tracking is from the courier that it has been delivered. The German authority discourages any form of communication after that to check on process and only send the actual document back by airmail.

Last year, my wife's clearance took four weeks from dispatch from Australia via courier to receiving the clearance back and mine took six weeks (I'm a Brit and there is an additional check the German's make for that). This year we have so far been waiting eight weeks. We have asked for extensions on the 28 days given by Aus Immi and been granted that (the Centrelink part for AoS anyway takes longer than 28 days).

Our issue is that we don't know if the German's have done their bit and sent; if they have lost the form; if the clearances have been posted; if the letters are lost in the post; any other possibilities. It seems our only option might be to apply again in case there has been a mishap at the Germany end or in the post. That will probably mean we are again at least a monthe from getting the clearances.

Does anybody have any experience of this with Germany or know of any other way to get the clearance?

I'm also posting this in the general Australia Visa Chat forum.

Thanks, Paul

16 minutes ago, Jen 07/01/2017 said:

Hi

Have anyone applied around Nov 2016 received email requesting for further information?

Do anyone know about maximum age for dependent child for parent visa 143? 
Thank you 😊 

Yes on social media the latest date seems to be 22/11/16

The rules on dependants changed in November 2016 but I’m not sure when they actually took effect from.  The maximum age is now under 23. 23 years and over were not eligible unless they had a serious illness which kept them dependant  . However that would then still be subject to passing the medical. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jen 07/01/2017 said:

Hi

Have anyone applied around Nov 2016 received email requesting for further information?

Do anyone know about maximum age for dependent child for parent visa 143? 
Thank you 😊 

Dependant child is under 23 and you have to evidence their dependency.  It would really only cover someone in full time education I think as in any other situation they can earn money or access benefits so not dependent.  

Edited by Tulip1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

‘Yes on social media the latest date seems to be 22/11/16’

That’s good to know, it’s certainly moving along now.  

The current quota of 6000 was set by the  govt in last budget. The new govt has announced a 2500 increase in the family stream effective immediately. But it’s not clear yet whether this will all be for parents. They have also authorised a review into the whole immigration/visa situation which is due to report in February 2023. They have also said they want to reduce the whole visa backlog. 
How all this will play out for parents is obviously still unsure. But if - if!- just 2000 of that 2500 were  added to the contributory parents quota  it could well be that by end June 2023 they may  have reached early 2017!! 

Having said that, the two months of May/June 2017 with their 9000 applications will stall the momentum as it will take around 18-24 months  to process them under the quotas announced this year unless the quota is greatly increased again. Hopefully there may be some good news in the October budget.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 18/08/2022 at 05:58, DuongT said:

Don’t know why my mom applied visa 173  on 30/08/2016 still havent heard anything but alot ppl on Sept have received even it nearly done Sept. Anyone know?

I applied for 173 on 16th August 2016 and on 12 August 2022 got an email from my agent to provide police checks and medicals.

• Like 1