Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

On 05/10/2022 at 16:04, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Thanks. Form uploaded. Interviewed on 5/10/2022. Waiting for approval for AOS for depositing $14000 as bank garauntee/ bond.What is time period for approval Of AOS.

Suggestion is to follow up on daily basis with central link. Worked in my case in less than 2 weeks..

On 04/10/2022 at 23:14, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Asked 2nd October 2022 & how much time take for processing the AOS

No specific timeframe mentioned anywhere. When you lodge the AOS application online it comes wit a completion date of 28 days if i remember correctly. Keep following up with central link on regular basis to et our desired outcome. I did the same.

Applied August 2016.

Heard nothing until June 2022.

June 2022 medicals and police checks done. 
it took until August 2022 before my Assurer was contacted.

subsequently…..

Centrelink somehow overlooked the AOS and accompanying finance! This led to another delay while my Assurer tried to contact them. Hardly satisfactory and if I hadn’t been concerned about the length of time it was taking I would still be waiting.

Now my Assurer has a letter confirming finance etc and centrelink should (should…) tell Immi. Then it seems that when another month or so has passed I should be asked to make the final payment for the visa to be granted. 
Fingers crossed. 

Hey Guys,

I am very thrilled that my dad's 143 application has been finally granted yesterday. I have updated the timeline accordingly below;

Thanks to everyone who has promptly shared their timeline and kindly shared their experience... I hope you all hear good news soon. Again, thank you to everyone.

Best regards,

Applied offshore visa 143 on 29/09/2016.

Acknowledgment received on 29/09/2016.

Received request for additional docs & AOS on 17/08/2022.

Everything submitted (Police check, health check, AOS approval) - 30/08/2022

Request for 2nd VAC - 11/10/2022 (Paid on the same day)

Visa granted - 12/10/2022 (the next day)

• Congratulations 3

On 17/10/2022 at 06:06, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Oct 2016.All required documents. AOS Approved on 13/10/2022.  Thanks every one for advise from time to time. How much time will be taken for 2nd VAC

Should only take a few days after AOS finance submitted. 
I am now in receipt of my visa. 👏👍. Happy days. 

2 hours ago, Manrug said:

Update Contributory Parent Visa date of application 24.01.2017.

Got a request for further information this morning. Just two of us no dependent children.

Many congratulations!! 🍾🍾 So pleased the wait is nearly  over for you. Please keep us informed of your timeline as you progress. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manrug said:

Things are moving rapidly now. It won't be long for your turn. Keep smiling and fingers crossed. 

Wish it was ! Sadly I’m stuck in June 2017 with the 9k applications!!😩 it’s going to take 12 months plus to get through those two months alone unfortunately unless next years budget is further increased to take account of that massive number and allow the queue to progress for those afterwards. 

But I really am so pleased it’s finally moving for everybody’s sake as it’s been hard for many who believed the website’s info about projected wait times !!  I still get the odd one or two accusing me of making it up about the long wait 🙄 why would I when I’m stuck in the same queue??

• Like 2

Just now, amsaini15 said:

Hey Gadgetfreak28

Interesting to read your journey. So you did not get asked for Form 80? Only AOS, Police check and medical? 

That's correct. Definitely don't remember filling out form 80. We were asked to fill out Form 54 family composition though. Not too sure if they solve the same purpose.

• Like 1

Queue release dates

As at 30 September 2022, we have released for final processing:

Edited by huyanh62
wrong link

26 minutes ago, huyanh62 said:

Queue release dates

As at 30 September 2022, we have released for final processing:

They’ve already asked someone with an application date of 24 January 2017 for 143  for further docs so the queue has moved on from September information 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone. Thanks for this thread and hope this info helps others.

Applied 143 on 28/11/2016

Acknowledged 30/11/2016

Request for AoS, Medicals, PCC 12/09/2022

Requests actioned/submitted 26/10/2022

Awaiting 2nd VAC request and visa grant - will update.

My experiences 

• AoS was straightforward. A few of my documents were up and down so it got a bit delayed. If your application date is not far from mine and in the next 6 months, I would suggest doing research on application process and documents required. Lodged application through myGov, asked to physically go into centrelink to prove identity. Once ID checked, next day got an SMS saying "someone from centrelink will call in the next 10 minutes from private number, please answer" - this is good from Centrelink as I ignore many private number calls. Phone interview conducted, my fellow was helpful and said next few days you should received bank guarantee request. He also gave me a direct number for AoS team. CBA bank guarantee was abit tricky for me as rural branch staff never done one before, so also good idea to pop into local branch to make an enquiry. I had to make some enquiries along the way and I just rang the direct number provided - depends on who receives the phone - some say for enquiries you should call general line and others were super helpful in answering questions. Even though not required, I uploaded AoS acceptance letter.
  • PCC - had to organise India, Kenya and Australia. Kenya was straightforward. Australia as applicants are not usually residents here, gathering documents was abit tricky, but ring the AFP number and they will go through the foreign documents that will be accepted. I did plan for this a long time ago by getting applicants to organise bank accounts with online access and debit card and that way a bank statement with address and debit card + foreign passport would suffice. 
  • India PCC is very hit and miss. We had to go through High commission in Nairobi so we kept enquiring and it came through but my understanding is the process is different each place. If you apply from outside India then the application is referred to your local police station in India and until they provide clearance PCC can't be issued. 
  • For all PCC (esp for India) - If your application date is not far from mine and in the next 6 months, I would suggest perhaps organising and applying for these documents now before being asked. My understanding is that they are valid for 12 months!
  • There was a delay in organising the PCC so we had to ask for extension. I uploaded what I had by the due date and for the remainder of documents - I wrote a letter explaining situation and provided evidence of application and asked for another 28day extension. There was no reply granting extension! I uploaded remaining document within the next 28days. 
  • Form 929 new passports. When applicants got new passports, I did email this form to 929 email however it appears they did not reach WA Parent Centre - presumably as it is a paper application! Request documents that came through had old passport details. So I reattached these forms.
  • 1 bizzare thing was no request for Biometrics even though on initial paper application was marked as residents of Kenya which is a biometric country! Has anyone got any experiences in being requested for biometrics? or are they not requesting them from anyone when it comes to 143 visa?

Thanks

Edited by PiK
  • Like 1

Hi All,

I read on one of the other forums that this week in the interim Oct budget (following the election of the new government).  The government have announced that they are increasing the quota of Parent Visas to be issued in this year (July 2022 to June 2023) from 4,500 (year 2021-22) to 8,500. It has been updated here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/migration-program-planning-levels

Sounds like people who filed in 2017 first half should be more hopeful of getting the invites!

Edited by KAK