AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, whenwillthisend said:

wow... I applied in oct 2017, been waiting for almost 6 months now and still not a word from immi,
hopefully, yours gonna get approval soon!

I applied in April, the Easter Sunday night, the first test and interview arranged in 14 Sep, but I changed it to 22 Jun, then a long waiting to now and further month(s) or days~ Hope all of ours approved soon!

21 hours ago, soulhuntsman said:

You sound pretty frustrated mate, with all this waiting. Keep calm and wait. There is no need to be a grammar Nazi

Not frustrated, was trying to help you and you responded saying it was a pretty simple question. Maybe if you re-read your original question you will realise it didn't make any sense. In any case I am a NSW applicant, apllied in June 2017 and I am still waiting to hear anything. 

3 hours ago, Sheila said:

Same here, still " Received".  I passed test 23 June 2017.  Called few times but not of any help.

2 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

I applied in April, the Easter Sunday night, the first test and interview arranged in 14 Sep, but I changed it to 22 Jun, then a long waiting to now and further month(s) or days~ Hope all of ours approved soon!

Not sure if you guys saw my previous post, but my partner passed his test 27th June, 2017 (Sydney CBD). He just got his approval finally last week so maybe there is a little movement. Fingers crossed for you both!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rorz said:

Not frustrated, was trying to help you and you responded saying it was a pretty simple question. Maybe if you re-read your original question you will realise it didn't make any sense. In any case I am a NSW applicant, apllied in June 2017 and I am still waiting to hear anything. 

Hug it out mate. There is no need to drag this. Let us just discuss and focus on getting citizenship. Hoping quick success for both of us and others too.

Hi guys I have a question when we scan the documents it has to be not more than 500 kB but mine is 590 so it is ok and when we scan our passport size photo we have to do it as normal size scan like licenses or it has be the passport size scan small

Edited by Raghav100

8 hours ago, Raghav100 said:

Hi guys I have a question when we scan the documents it has to be not more than 500 kB but mine is 590 so it is ok and when we scan our passport size photo we have to do it as normal size scan like licenses or it has be the passport size scan small

Compress the files,  when scanning them.

• Like 1

well I'd say democracy is being gradually replaced by dictatorship globally now. 

Chinese government dropped the presidential terms a few days ago;

The President of U.S Trump wiped out those who hold opposite political ideas just now;

and it is time for Australia now :)

• Like 1

Hi guys/girls

Just an update from me.

I’m from Perth WA

I applied 25/04/17.

Test email 24/01/18

Test date 14/03/18

citizenship approval 14/03/18

Ceremony ??

I hope all goes well for you folks?

Edited by Eddie937
Forgot to mention which city/state I’m from
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 08:46, george8181 said:

I just logged onto my Immi account and it now says approved. I applied early January. Obviously happy but it says on the account your citizenship ceremony will be up to 6 months from the date you are approved so still a bit annoyed about that but at least the ball is rolling now

Does anyone know who sends the ceremony appointment? Is it immigration or the local council?

@George8181

The ceremony is organised by the local council. They (local council) will send you letter by post or by e-mail. Some council organises monthly and some quarterly. If they have sufficient seat in next ceremony they will invite you. They generally say, letter will be sent 6 weeks before ceremony. But in my case it is really quick.

My approval in immi account  was on 7 Mar 2018

Got approval letter on 15 Mar 2018

But got the ceremony letter (by e-mail attachment) before approval letter i.e on 13 Mar 2018

Ceremony is on 28 Mar 2018

On 17/03/2018 at 14:50, whenwillthisend said:

Hey guys, just got a question about moving during application, if I move (not to another city, same city just different suburb) after I submitted my application

will immi secretly delay my processing time?

Why would they do that?

just log in and update your application with your new address and council. 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 15:20, whenwillthisend said:

Hey guys, just got a question about moving during application, if I move (not to another city, same city just different suburb) after I submitted my application

will immi secretly delay my processing time?

Immi won't but it may speed things up or slow things down depending on the council you are moving to or from. Once Immi approve your citizen it's up to your council how long they keep you waiting for a ceremony and some councils are much quicker to organise ceremonies than others. The council I was in when I applied was Maribyrnong. They are (or were in those days anyway) extremely slow. We moved to the Wyndham council area before my wife's citizenship ceremony and she got a ceremony date within a month of giving the new address. I'm sure she'd have waited several months longer had we still been in Maribyrnong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken said:

Immi won't but it may speed things up or slow things down depending on the council you are moving to or from. Once Immi approve your citizen it's up to your council how long they keep you waiting for a ceremony and some councils are much quicker to organise ceremonies than others. The council I was in when I applied was Maribyrnong. They are (or were in those days anyway) extremely slow. We moved to the Wyndham council area before my wife's citizenship ceremony and she got a ceremony date within a month of giving the new address. I'm sure she'd have waited several months longer had we still been in Maribyrnong.

Hi Ken, thank you for the info, I guess moving wouldn't an issue for me at the moment since I haven't got any news back from immi since I applied lol

Finally....We are all Australian! We had our ceremony in Dee Why on Monday and were made citizens after nearly a decade from when we first started thinking of the move. 

The ceremony was such a funny and emotional affair. Ex-PM Tony Abbott was there to boot handing over the certificates. Such a great day!

• Like 5

On 12/31/2017 at 14:36, peterson said:

Why do they give approval next day for some and then don't approve and put some of us on hold like this for many months/years? It is mental torture and i lost 2 Gov job opportunities with 6 figure salary, they gave up on waiting for me even though they want my skills. Financially and career wise i have been severely affected.

I am sure, like me your documents are all clear, i have no issues with ID docs infact at my interview the Officer was very impressed how i had everything in order and legit. I have very clean record since birth didn't even harm a fly, I really hope they conduct some investigation into this and immediately process all these apps, it is really wrong to withhold our citizenship from us which we are eligible for. When i google other countries, citizenship usually takes 2 weeks to 6 months maximum, just in near past Australia was processing in 80 days.

Government only needs to read this thread to understand the scale of the problem.

I am in the exact same boat, I have missed 6 figure employment opportunity for the same reason. Please message me and explore if there is any legislation or standard that we may apply to expedite the process or potentially recoup our loss of income.

I see no applicaion of the APS value - ICARE - Impartial, Committed to service, Accountable, Respectful, Ethical. I doubt if they demonstrate them as committed to service and accountable base on the length of processing time starting from this year. It used to take less than 2 months back in 2016 for those that expedite with the special form, which I too had filled in.

I have been waiting for 13 months since I apply and 7 months since I sat the exam, I had clearly asked them that I'll have my citizenship ceremony at the DIBP office. Their updates on the website is obviously not a committed timeframe and they just keep lengthening over time, literally moving the goal post when they fail to deliver. Where is the "ICARE"? 

31 minutes ago, entropy said:

I am in the exact same boat, I have missed 6 figure employment opportunity for the same reason. Please message me and explore if there is any legislation or standard that we may apply to expedite the process or potentially recoup our loss of income.

There isn't. 

Refer to your local MP and quote p.21 of this commonwealth ombudsmen report released in Dec 2017.

https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0032/78980/Citizenship-own-motion-investigation-report.pdf

6.4. Justice Bromberg’s judgment should be read in full to understand the complexity of law and evidence considered. In summary, however, of most relevance to this investigation is the question of unreasonable delay. The wording of the relevant legislative provision is: Section 7(1) of the Administrative Decisions (Judicial Review) Act 1977 (ADJR Act) Applications in respect of failures to make decisions (1) Where: (a) a person has a duty to make a decision to which this Act applies; (b) there is no law that prescribes a period within which the person is required to make that decision; and (c) the person has failed to make that decision; a person who is aggrieved by the failure of the first-mentioned person to make the decision may apply to the Federal Court or the Federal Circuit Court for an order of review in respect of the