AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:40, nikopol said:

Likewise - applied end of Oct 17 and got a call today as they were looking through my form (I've moved state in between so they were wondering if I wanted a NSW test and ceremony instead of a VIC one which I was glad they offered - I didn't want to ask myself in case it meant I went to the back of the queue!).  I asked if they knew how soon and they seemed to think that it should be in May. 

You should hear back something from them soon. We already got a test invite, we received the email exactly 6 months since we applied. Our test is end May.

Edited by Zet01

On 17/04/2018 at 14:50, Sheila said:

Same here. They have forgotton us. Completed 1 year after the applicaiton today.

Mine is still 'Received. I applied 18th October 2017 and had the email confirming receipt but that's all the correspondence. I'm guessing I'm going to be one of those 10% that doesn't even get processed for a response or anything with the 15 months. You can' follow-up on the application either until it's been 15 months since submission.

2 hours ago, Chris in Bris said:

Mine is still 'Received. I applied 18th October 2017 and had the email confirming receipt but that's all the correspondence. I'm guessing I'm going to be one of those 10% that doesn't even get processed for a response or anything with the 15 months. You can' follow-up on the application either until it's been 15 months since submission.

Hi @Chris in Bris, ours was applied on 13 October and we just received our email for the test invite in end May. Do not lose hope. I am pretty sure you will get your test invite soon.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:37, nikopol said:

Mine was also stuck at received since October but just got the email today for a may test and interview. Not sure why some are getting confirmations and others aren't though...

Which state are you? Our test invite is May 29.

Just a quicky on behalf of a friend of mine who has just successfully passed his citizenship test.

He is planning to travel extensively within the next 3 months so the question is:

Does he need to wait until the citizenship ceremony to be able to travel? 

Edited by jobic

3 hours ago, jobic said:

Just a quicky on behalf of a friend of mine who has just successfully passed his citizenship test.

He is planning to travel extensively within the next 3 months so the question is:

from what I understand, after your fd attended the ceremony, he is official an Australian Citizen, thus he/she will need an Australian passport to leave the country

2 minutes ago, whenwillthisend said:

from what I understand, after your fd attended the ceremony, he is official an Australian Citizen, thus he/she will need an Australian passport to leave the country

But what about in between the citizenship Test and the ceremony? Some people here passed their test 5 or 6 months ago and still haven't received an invite for the ceremony. Can these people still travel or do they have to wait?

1 hour ago, jobic said:

But what about in between the citizenship Test and the ceremony? Some people here passed their test 5 or 6 months ago and still haven't received an invite for the ceremony. Can these people still travel or do they have to wait?

hmm... good question, I personally wouldn't risk it, but I do know people travel regardlessly (also didn't notify immi). And everything still turns out fine

Edited by whenwillthisend

You must be in Australia to do the test and be approved.  After that you may travel but must attend your ceremony no later than 12 months after approval.  To travel, either your visa must still be valid (within 5 years of grant) or you need an RRV.  Once a citizen after the ceremony you need an Australian passport to travel. All info is on the gov website but you need to follow the links and info pages.

some people get approved immediately but some seem to take months!  If you have to travel best to contact citizenship ,people to check. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, whenwillthisend said:

Timeline just got extended, on immi page = =
75% remain the same 13 months
but now 90% applicants will need to wait for 16 months

This is ridicules! It's a moving target. :'(

I hit 13 months from application today.

Edited by Guest

For those who have done the exam, can you please tell me if the questions were like the 20 sample questions in the citizenship web site or more in detail like specific years and flag signs etc.... I’m not asking for the specific questions but just the back ground. 

Cheers?

Edited by Bear2015

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:05, jobic said:

You are only officially an Citizen when you have been to the ceremony - your friend can still travel on their UK passport.

On 3/15/2018 at 07:40, Elliot Tsao said:

I passed test in 22 June 2017, the ninth month (22 March) coming soon.

Hi Elliot, My timeline is as follow:

Perth City

Applied: 1 March 2017

Test attended : 15th Aug, 2017

No approval so far, inquired 9 times about my case, emailed FOI, IGIS.

If you are interested to leave your detail below, maybe we can seek help from  solicitor/ MP / senator

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jw-cx5Q-dR8-aH1bT0f6seACgyHNInF0V4seOklCIwc/edit#gid=0

Hi Guys hoping someone can advise. I have applied for citizenship early June 2017. Still heard nothing back. I now need to renew my British passport as it expires soon but to do so i have to send my original one away to the British passport office. If during this time of renewing my British passport I finally get an appointment for the citizenship test I obviously will be unable to attend with my original documents referenced in my application forms. Or if I get the renewed passport back in time for the citizenship test I will have a passport number different from my that stated on my application form. Any advice what to do? Im not putting my life on hold anymore and will be going back to the UK for 4 weeks on holiday in August to see my aging parents and let everyone meet my Australian daughter and Australian fiance for the first time. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Rorz said:

Hi Guys hoping someone can advise. I have applied for citizenship early June 2017. Still heard nothing back. I now need to renew my British passport as it expires soon but to do so i have to send my original one away to the British passport office. If during this time of renewing my British passport I finally get an appointment for the citizenship test I obviously will be unable to attend with my original documents referenced in my application forms. Or if I get the renewed passport back in time for the citizenship test I will have a passport number different from my that stated on my application form. Any advice what to do? Im not putting my life on hold anymore and will be going back to the UK for 4 weeks on holiday in August to see my aging parents and let everyone meet my Australian daughter and Australian fiance for the first time. Thanks. 

go on https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports and do the passport there, it is an online application its very simple to do now ...  if your facial features have not changed much take a picture on a plain white background and upload it ... I did it a few months back took literally, 3 weeks, and I had a new passport back. You will just then uploaded a change of address/passport details to the immigration. 

Edited by Chris N Lora

On 4/25/2018 at 10:54, Bear2015 said:

For those who have done the exam, can you please tell me if the questions were like the 20 sample questions in the citizenship web site or more in detail like specific years and flag signs etc.... I’m not asking for the specific questions but just the back ground. 

Cheers?

The questions were mostly like practice test questions at the end of Our Common Bond booklet.