AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

23 hours ago, Chris N Lora said:

go on https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports and do the passport there, it is an online application its very simple to do now ...  if your facial features have not changed much take a picture on a plain white background and upload it ... I did it a few months back took literally, 3 weeks, and I had a new passport back. You will just then uploaded a change of address/passport details to the immigration. 

Great! thank you for the response. What happens if i receive a citizenship test appointment in that 3 week turnaround time? I will have no passport to take to the meeting/test. Its a small chance of happening but worth planning for. 

1 hour ago, Rorz said:

Great! thank you for the response. What happens if i receive a citizenship test appointment in that 3 week turnaround time? I will have no passport to take to the meeting/test. Its a small chance of happening but worth planning for. 

I read in other forums that you can attend your test appointment with an expired passport.

6 hours ago, Sheila said:

Application Approved.

Timeline

Applied 18 April 2017
Test 22 June 2017
Approved: 28 April 2018 ( 12 months 10 days after application - 10 months after test )

Thanks for your support.

Well finally. I really do not understand why some people get approval within 24 hours and some take months!  I suspect a processing issue somewhere. 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:58, Sheila said:

Application Approved.

Timeline

Applied 18 April 2017
Test 22 June 2017
Approved: 28 April 2018 ( 12 months 10 days after application - 10 months after test )

Thanks for your support.

Congrats @Sheila. I hope @Elliot Tsao get his approval too.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:49, whenwillthisend said:

This is starting to driving me a bit insane, anyone around in Melbourne waiting for the same thing?
PM me if anyone keen to catch up for a drink or coffee or even add me in a chatgroup on wtsapp/line, I really want some moral support on this...

@whenwillthisend when did you apply? I think we got a similar timeline. We applied October 13, and got a test invite this May 29.

I hope you hear something back from them too.

1 hour ago, AnneOz said:

Finally got my test date, applied 7 Oct 2017 online, test date 7 May 2018, Sydney CBD

Congratulations at least you got test date. I am assuming that nowadays people are getting test dates exact after 6 months, which is very good news. 

Edited by Mavi

On 28/04/2018 at 11:58, Sheila said:

Application Approved.

Timeline

Applied 18 April 2017
Test 22 June 2017

Thanks for your support.

Congratulations Sheila 

On 26/04/2018 at 14:49, whenwillthisend said:

This is starting to driving me a bit insane, anyone around in Melbourne waiting for the same thing?
PM me if anyone keen to catch up for a drink or coffee or even add me in a chatgroup on wtsapp/line, I really want some moral support on this...

Hi there,

I think your test date is just around the corner. I am assuming you will get test date Soon because most of people receiving test dates after 6 months now. Hold on tight mate, just few more days to go. 

Mavi

Edited by Mavi

Hi. Here is my timeline

Date applied: 27 November 2017
City/Council area: City of Norwood (SA)
Online / Paper: Online
Date received the acknowledgement email: 27 Nov 2017
Received email re citizenship test: 27 April 2018
Date of the Citizenship Test: 8 June 2018 but was rescheduled to 30 April 2018
Citizenship Approval: 30 April 2018
Received Ceremony Invitation:
Date of ceremony:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Epistat99 said:

Hi. Here is my timeline

Date of ceremony:

Good to see you got your approval straight away!  Hope ours is the same, test on 7th June Adelaide.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Epistat99 said:

Hi. Here is my timeline

Date of ceremony:

Wow congratulations, same day approval. Just curious to know that how come your test date got rescheduled from 8 June 2018 to 30 April 2018?

Thank you in advance  

Mavi

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Epistat99 said:

@Mavi I am not available on the original test date so I went online and have it changed. The  dates available before 8 June were 30 April and 7 June (i am not available on this date as well), so i chose 30 April.

Oh okay, thanks for reply. 

Edited by Mavi

On 4/27/2018 at 09:43, Rorz said:

TO be fair, you will have sufficient proof, ie Birth certificate, Driving licence, bank card, rent agreement/Mortgage agreement, medicare card etc. ... I wouldn't worry too much, Citizenship is not dependant on you having a valid UK passport. 

51 minutes ago, Epistat99 said:

Hi. Here is my timeline

Date of ceremony:

Congrats @Epistat99. That is quick. Our test date is in end May. I did not bother to change it as we still have not reviewed the booklet yet. Looks like they are now doing Oct/Nov applicants. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epistat99 said:

@Zet01 I only reviewed the testable part of the booklet (3 chapters). Its not that long. I think you will be able to finish it in 2 hours max. Then you can take the sample test online. Good luck!

Great. Thanks for the tips and hope you get your ceremony invite soon. :)

17 minutes ago, whenwillthisend said:

@Zet01 @Mavi I applied mine on 28 Oct 2017, thank you for the encouragements, all these waiting just doing my head in... haha, I hope I will get something in these 2 months... 

I am sure your test invite will come out soon as I am seeing a lot of October and even November applicants getting the invite.  Check your spam emails too, 2 of my friends got their email in their Spam mailbox.