AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

22 minutes ago, Fida said:

Hi All

Quick question

What work related documents are to be submited for citizenship eligibility? Do they need to know your recent work history and Tax returns? Would there be any issues if one hasnt been working but studying or being house wife?

Working and gaining citizenship are not related in any way. Many Australians do not work, are students, stay at home for whatever reason. They do not ask for work history or tax returns as they are not relevant. 

22 minutes ago, Fida said:

Hi All

Quick question

What work related documents are to be submited for citizenship eligibility? Do they need to know your recent work history and Tax returns? Would there be any issues if one hasnt been working but studying or being house wife?

Working and gaining citizenship are not related in any way. Many Australians do not work, are students, stay at home for whatever reason. They do not ask for work history or tax returns as they are not relevant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

Thanks NEM :)

Finally received approval yesterday!

Online only, nothing though the post/email yet.

Interestingly,  a couple of weeks ago we were told by immigration that we wouldnt see any updates through the online account as we applied by post.....

1. Date applied - August 24th 2017
  2. City/Council area - Gold Coast City Council
  3. Online / Paper - Paper
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email - 29th August 217
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test - 20th December 2017
  6. Date of Approval - 3rd April 2018
  7. Date of ceremony ??
  8. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal) Normal
Edited by wattsy1982

Wife applied 8th sept 2017 got notification of test yesterday 3rd april of test/interview for 26th april thats just short of 6 months wait to receive it.

Any idea after test how long for approval and cermony after that?

We are in perth.

Edited by bwatt99

Eligible to apply the day Dutton et al. started this stuff! (should have front loaded application!)

Applied End May 2017

Test November 2017

Approval Letter December 2017

Ceremony March 2018!

So seems to be c. 10 months end to end which isn't that bad but as our application was absolutely straightforward I wonder how long some of the more complex ones take!!

There is progress and the back end of it all (the good news citizenship bit) seems to work well but the front end bit is so frustrating. Glad that chapter 1 is almost over and chapter 2 can start with us as dual citizens and Aussies! (might run for senate, seems dual nationality is a pre-requisite!)

Just doing passport applications as I type (can't get enough of these government web forms!) and have received my e-mail advising me I'm on the electoral role!

Hi guys, I just got my invitation for my citizenship ceremony, which is great. However, the ceremony takes place less than two weeks before I plan to travel to New Zealand.The ceremony is on 18/04/2018 and I go to New Zealand on  02/05/2018.

As an Australia citizen, I will need to leave and re-enter Australia on an Australian passport. However, I'm not going to have time to arrange a passport as there is less than two weeks between the ceremony and my departure date.  It states on the ceremony invitation letter that they recommend waiting at least ten business days after ceremony before applying for a passport.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Will I need to re-arrange the ceremony date? 

Thanks

25 minutes ago, KidA said:

Hi guys, I just got my invitation for my citizenship ceremony, which is great. However, the ceremony takes place less than two weeks before I plan to travel to New Zealand.The ceremony is on 18/04/2018 and I go to New Zealand on  02/05/2018.

As an Australia citizen, I will need to leave and re-enter Australia on an Australian passport. However, I'm not going to have time to arrange a passport as there is less than two weeks between the ceremony and my departure date.  It states on the ceremony invitation letter that they recommend waiting at least ten business days after ceremony before applying for a passport.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Will I need to re-arrange the ceremony date? 

Thanks

Go for priority service

https://www.passports.gov.au/urgentapplications/Pages/default.aspx

On the citizenship invitation letter, it recommends waiting at least 10 business days after ceremony before applying for a passport. I’ll be in New Zealand by then.

I could just travel on my British passport and experience delays on re-entry.

ill call DHA tomorrow and ask them what to do.

39 minutes ago, KidA said:

On the citizenship invitation letter, it recommends waiting at least 10 business days after ceremony before applying for a passport. I’ll be in New Zealand by then.

I could just travel on my British passport and experience delays on re-entry.

ill call DHA tomorrow and ask them what to do.

A lot of people go for the priority service and get their passports within a couple of days of the ceremony. I did so myself and I have seen several more recently do so on the forum. Your visa is cancelled as soon as you become a citizen, and you can apply for the passport straightaway.

Alternatively yes, you can carry your citizenship certificate with you and then argue with the airline before they (hopefully) let you board.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nemesis said:

A lot of people go for the priority service and get their passports within a couple of days of the ceremony. I did so myself and I have seen several more recently do so on the forum. Your visa is cancelled as soon as you become a citizen, and you can apply for the passport straightaway.

Alternatively yes, you can carry your citizenship certificate with you and then argue with the airline before they (hopefully) let you board.

Ok great, I'll go for priority service. Thanks!

On 4/3/2018 at 16:29, whtzau said:

Hi coolmotu,

I lodged online application in the 2nd week of last November and I am currently living in Chatswood let's keep updated each other.

I applied 19-NOV-17 around the same time as you two. So interested to hear how you both go. Out of curiosity I check my IMMI status once a month to make sure they haven't requested more nfo. I'm not really expecting any developments until June or July this year at the earliest. If all goes well I may make a citizenship ceremony for 26-JAN-19. I consider anything earlier than that a bonus.

Council – Brisbane City
Paper application – 10 March 2017
Test email – 13 Jun 2017
Test appointment – 13 Sep 2017
Sat test – 13 Sep 2017/Passed 95%
Approval – TBA
Ceremony invitation – TBA
Ceremony date – TBA

On 03/04/2018 at 16:29, whtzau said:

Hi coolmotu,

I lodged online application in the 2nd week of last November and I am currently living in Chatswood let's keep updated each other.

Applied November 1st, online, Liverpool council, allocated parramatta office. Status still on recieved 

On 3/30/2017 at 20:43, Brisyy said:

Hi 

i m from Brisbane 

applied 17/3/17

acknowledgement 17/3/17

waiting for text appointment 

is anyone applied in march from brisbane 

please share ur timeline 

Hi,

I was wondering if you have received your approval letter yet?

On 7/6/2017 at 19:29, Singhmj said:

Hi 

anyone from Brisbane waiting for apprvl lettr 

i did test on 7 june still waiting 

pls share

Hi,

On 7/18/2017 at 10:36, MariElodie said:

Hello,

No I am still waiting for the approval letter (MariElodie - Date Test on 21 Jun in Brisbane City Council)

Hi,

Hi guys, I have a question; Is any possibility to take my citizenship appointment and test with an expired passport but only with confirmation letter taken from my consulate department showing that I have applied for new pasport and it’s in process, or I have to reschedule my test appointment until I will get mu new passport.

Thanks