AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 14/02/2018 at 08:47, Sheila said:

I think you need to contact them to send you the citizenship certificate for Bubba. Once you get that you can apply passport for the child.

Thanks Sheila, I think immi sends letter and evidence through post by themselves once application gets finalised. Let me wait for another week then I will contact immi. 

• Like 1

Hi, I have a quick question for those that submitted a paper application for your citizenship - did you scan and upload a copy of the supporting docs you sent with your application to your online Immi account? I've just imported my application to the Immi account online and find it strange that they ask you to upload copies of the same docs you've already sent hard copies of.

Thanks

On 16/02/2018 at 20:11, catatemyfish said:

Hi, I have a quick question for those that submitted a paper application for your citizenship - did you scan and upload a copy of the supporting docs you sent with your application to your online Immi account? I've just imported my application to the Immi account online and find it strange that they ask you to upload copies of the same docs you've already sent hard copies of.

Thanks

We applied by post and sent certified (by JP) copies of the supporting docs.

Then we took originals to the test/interview.

I did the same, submitted by post then logged online and saw it was asking for docs too so I called IMMI/DIBP and they said that my application wouldn't show up online as we had applied by post but they assured me that they had all the docs they needed and I could ignore the instructions online.

They also said its not possible to link a paper application to an online account

6 minutes ago, wattsy1982 said:
On 17/02/2018 at 15:24, An26 said:

Can I ask where did you guys practice citizenship tests? I saw there are 2 types of question banks now, new and previous one. Which one should I use to prepare?

Hi An26,

go through Testable Section Part1, Part2 and Part3.

enough to pass the test.

6 minutes ago, wattsy1982 said:

our-common-bond-2014.pdf

• Like 1

On 17/02/2018 at 15:24, An26 said:

Can I ask where did you guys practice citizenship tests? I saw there are 2 types of question banks now, new and previous one. Which one should I use to prepare?

Hi An26,

You can get the resource for free of charge in 3 days:- 

http://citizenship.ordersys.com.au/our-common-bond/ 

I received mine yesterday :) 

5 minutes ago, Sheila said:

@Elliot Tsao

Another approval with similar timeline like yours

Applied on 06/04/2017
Test date 14/08/2017
Approved on 5/2/2018 (online). The letter arrived a week later
Ceremony: 14/3/2018 (email this morning)
Processing time: approximately 11 months
Visa 190
Victoria

@Sheila Thx for this info. hope mine coming soon. Best wishes for all of us, long term waiting should end now~~ 

8 minutes ago, Keep me in oz said:

I got my test date yesterday. 

Applied in Perth, online, on 14 May 2017

Test date received 20 February 2018

Test date given 4 May 2018, moved online to 13 April 2018

I wonder if its worth my wife giving them a call? but i suppose her turn will come,she could have applied last june but put if off due to new rules. Once we knew it was all going possibly back to old rules she applied 3 months later 5th or 8th of sept not heard anything since.

Im seeing and hearing approx 9 months might be the wait just to know your test date is this about right,come march she be 6 months so far.

And even then i believe test dates are months later to include being approved and even cermony.

Certainly changed since i did mine last year and took 6 months and this was even due to an error on there part with my daughter still down as temp when she was supposed to be pr.

It took them a month to sort an admin error that had my daughter still as temp when was really pr and you needed pr to get citizenship.

I had option of getting her off mine to speed it up and could add to mums later but i was happy to wait.

Glad i did keep her on as she be playing the waiting game like her mum.

Is it worth contacting them as maybe her application is sitting there forgotten about. Or is this just the norm now.

Hello guys, I had my test yesterday. The officer was very kind and it only cost me about 10 minuets. He was saying that they were very busy and they were trying hard to process everyone’s application. He said there won’t be any emails from now on, mails only??? How did everyone get their approval letter? Can you check whether your application is successful or not in your immi account?

19 hours ago, bwatt99 said:

I wonder if its worth my wife giving them a call? but i suppose her turn will come,she could have applied last june but put if off due to new rules. Once we knew it was all going possibly back to old rules she applied 3 months later 5th or 8th of sept not heard anything since.

Im seeing and hearing approx 9 months might be the wait just to know your test date is this about right,come march she be 6 months so far.

And even then i believe test dates are months later to include being approved and even cermony.

Certainly changed since i did mine last year and took 6 months and this was even due to an error on there part with my daughter still down as temp when she was supposed to be pr.

It took them a month to sort an admin error that had my daughter still as temp when was really pr and you needed pr to get citizenship.

I had option of getting her off mine to speed it up and could add to mums later but i was happy to wait.

Glad i did keep her on as she be playing the waiting game like her mum.

Is it worth contacting them as maybe her application is sitting there forgotten about. Or is this just the norm now.

I think its just a waiting game! You sooo shoulda put the application in, in June! neevr mind! it'll come through in due course!

I think the main thing that is annoying people is that theres no sense in the length of the process. 

The IMMI website states applications are processed In the order they are received but thats simply not true.

Here on the Gold Coast for example I know a couple who applied 2 months before me (june), one had her test in December and her husband hasn't even had a test date come through. 

Another person applied in April and hasn't heard anything yet, and then someone else applied in Nov, test in Dec and ceremony last week....all of these are 'normal' applications too.

If people on here were seeing applications go in order I don't think (well me anyway) would mind the long wait so much.

12 hours ago, Raghav100 said:

Hi guys i have been in Australia 6 years and I got my pr last year and I am planning to apply citizenship after 2 weeks  but my gp is going to holiday for 1 month so can I make him sign my declaration form now or I have to wait till I reach 1 year in pr.

You can get it done with "Registered Nurse" as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2018 at 13:09, An26 said:

? How did everyone get their approval letter? Can you check whether your application is successful or not in your immi account?

We all got an email each and it was also updated on the Immi account at the same time. A letter arrived a few days later confirming the same. Kids got their confirmations  2-3 days after their tests, my wife about 2 weeks after that and I brought up the rear about another 3 weeks after that. I was told at one of the interviews a recently introduced 40 point background / security checks are adding a considerable amount of time to some applications.