AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Is there a 'typical' amount of time between test and approval? or does it vary state to state, council to council?

I passed my test on 20th dec 2017 but not heard anything since. Only applied end of August so I know I'm lucky to get a test less than 4 months after applying.

We are in QLD, under Gold Coast City Council.

1 hour ago, wattsy1982 said:

Is there a 'typical' amount of time between test and approval? or does it vary state to state, council to council?

I passed my test on 20th dec 2017 but not heard anything since. Only applied end of August so I know I'm lucky to get a test less than 4 months after applying.

We are in QLD, under Gold Coast City Council.

You may have to wait for very long time because enhanced integrity and identity checks will be performed to your application after test. If waiting for more than 8 months before test email, the app is a good one and will be approved very shortly once test done. 

Guest Guest226914

And don’t think once you get approval that’s it. Ceremony takes forever too. I have no idea why the ceremony and approval can’t come at once. This whole waiting game is ridiculous

Hello everyone!!

My immi status has finally changed to "Approved" this afternoon after months of waiting. 

Test Centre: Parramatta (NSW)

Council:City of Canada Bay Council

Online application: 03 March 2017

Test date: Interview 03 July 2017 Test: 05 July 2017 (Their computer system was down during my interview).

Immi account approved: 25 January 2018.

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:51, george8181 said:

And don’t think once you get approval that’s it. Ceremony takes forever too. I have no idea why the ceremony and approval can’t come at once. This whole waiting game is ridiculous

The ceremony dates are down to individual shires and depends how many they hold and how many participants.  When we did ours, our shire held one each month with about 50 people attending.

2 hours ago, Sheila said:

My council will have the ceremony on 6th March. would I be expecting approval in next 4 weeks, so that I can attend this ceremony on 6th March. By March, it will be 13 months from since I submitted the application.

G'day Sheila, hope you can receive your approval soon and be an Aussie after 6 Mar :)

2 hours ago, george8181 said:

Language test to blame for fewer migrants taking citizenship pledge, MP says

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-27/fewer-migrants-taking-citizenship-pledge/9365782

I wonder why? Maybe because everyone has been forced to wait exceptionally long waiting times. It’s not for the lack of people wanting citizenship!

Article seems misleading, attendance is down because of the backlog and lack of approvals nothing to do with the English test. 

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:55, wombatinabox said:

Article seems misleading, attendance is down because of the backlog and lack of approvals nothing to do with the English test. 

Very true. The drop in Citizenship pledges were because of the long wait to dump the proposed bill and the huge backlog it created. We wasted more than 5 months before we were able to submit our application. Now, we don't even know when can we get an invite for the test. :(

And I feel sad for those who already passed the test but couldn't get the approval or ceremony dates even if they applied before April.

Edited by Zet01