AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

6 hours ago, Eddie0719 said:

Hi @Chris N Lora

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked everything I received from the DIBP. I firmly believe that I didnt receive the letter you uploaded. @Juncobalt how about you?

Chris, thanks for ur example letter. Eddie, I confirmed to have not received such a letter with application ID. Only got an email for the test appointment. It’s very hard to understand why they do things in a very different way. This is typically unprofessional conduct. But it’s not strange coz they are immi, as all that they have been doing throughout citi processing. Inconsistency and no standards are their work guidelines. LOL

On 12/22/2017 at 09:22, londonluci said:

This whole thing is just so inconsistent and frustrating! Still no sign of approval here, application done in Feb 17, test in June. Nothing since. Sydney CBD.

Why do they give approval next day for some and then don't approve and put some of us on hold like this for many months/years? It is mental torture and i lost 2 Gov job opportunities with 6 figure salary, they gave up on waiting for me even though they want my skills. Financially and career wise i have been severely affected.

I am sure, like me your documents are all clear, i have no issues with ID docs infact at my interview the Officer was very impressed how i had everything in order and legit. I have very clean record since birth didn't even harm a fly, I really hope they conduct some investigation into this and immediately process all these apps, it is really wrong to withhold our citizenship from us which we are eligible for. When i google other countries, citizenship usually takes 2 weeks to 6 months maximum, just in near past Australia was processing in 80 days.

Government only needs to read this thread to understand the scale of the problem.

Edited by peterson

Hi everyone, 

i got a question regarding to apply for citizenship.

i arrived in Australia in 2009 on student visa, in 2013 I applied 457 visa after complete my study and visa was approved in couple of month but due to my employer fault IMMI canceled my employer nomination in 2015 so I can’t apply my ens (permanent residency) after few month they cancel my visa as well because I can’t found new employer And I got bridging visa E, I applied MRT which was not successful then federal but I withdraw federal before hearing and go back to my country then I applied Rsms offsure which was approved in 8 month and I come back may 2017 after 9 month so my question is am I eligible to apply for my citizenship in may 2018 or not or I need to wait again 4 year? 

Thxs to all 

5 hours ago, Sheila said:

Yes Eligible,  May 2018, provided you have not been overseas more than 3 months in last 1 year on PR.

5 hours ago, Sheila said:

thxs Sheila 

some one told me that I been in Australia on bridging visa E after my 457 visa cancellation, so it put me again in freshers to wait 4 year residency before apply citizenship. 

I was very stressed with this, 

thnk you 

April applicants should count the global processing time from the time the application was submitted/acknowledged or from October when we got the email saying our application will be processed according to old rules.Was on the phone with the citizenship dept(officer) and she says to count the application time from April 2017 when the application was submitted (22ndApril2017).Anyone else told the same?

22 hours ago, Vir said:

Hi everyone, 

i got a question regarding to apply for citizenship.

i arrived in Australia in 2009 on student visa, in 2013 I applied 457 visa after complete my study and visa was approved in couple of month but due to my employer fault IMMI canceled my employer nomination in 2015 so I can’t apply my ens (permanent residency) after few month they cancel my visa as well because I can’t found new employer And I got bridging visa E, I applied MRT which was not successful then federal but I withdraw federal before hearing and go back to my country then I applied Rsms offsure which was approved in 8 month and I come back may 2017 after 9 month so my question is am I eligible to apply for my citizenship in may 2018 or not or I need to wait again 4 year? 

Thxs to all 

You’re not eligible in May 2018 coz ur valid visa was discontinued for some time. Ur new residence requirement is calculated from May 2017 and will be met after 4 years since then. More specifically, u ever held a bridging visa for quite a long time, whigh is one of the factors disqualifying you with residency requirement as DIBP designated. Please refer to https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Retu/residence-calculator

Edited by Juncobalt

I was on bridging visa 4 around 3 months between two 457's, they did not ask anything?. In last 4 years, you should not be overseas 4 more than 1 year and not more than  3 months in last year which is pr year.  Better to check with migration agent

Edited by Sheila

10 minutes ago, Sheila said:

I was on bridging visa 4 around 3 months between two 457's, they did not ask anything?. In last 4 years, you should not be overseas 4 more than 1 year and not more than  3 months in last year which is pr year.  Better to check with migration agent

More precisely, it depends on the bridging visa type. If the holder has been onshore all the time between two visas (bridging visa A) there is no problem. But obviously he had a bridging visa after the valid substantial visa expired (Bridging E) due to MRT. 

For anyone interested;

Date applied  - 10th Nov 2016

Acknowledgement Email - 12th Dec 2016

Council - Parramatta Council

Online / Paper - Online

Date of Citizenship Test - 01/06/2017......PASSED

Citizenship approval letter - Never Received

Online Status Change from received to approved - 20th Dec 2017

Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter Received - 3rd Jan 2018

Date of ceremony - 26 Jan 2018

Type of ceremony - Standard

Edited by tejas