AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 12/17/2017 at 21:19, fwmonger said:

Has anyone in Sydney who has applied after 20th of April got the test date? 

Applied on the 21st April, had test late November. Children approved within a week, we had to get new police checks from the UK as neglected to recognise the time spent before we activated the PR visas and moved permanently. Sent the checks off yesterday so now waiting for approval and then the wait for the ceremony.

21 hours ago, Eddie0719 said:

Hi @Chris N Lora

I applied through paper too. Unfortunately it seems you have to wait the test email and paper letter of approval. For paper application there is no way you can track your application. :(  

Hey Eddie, I have been able to upload my application on line ...

If you have an immi account, all you need to do is copy and paste the reference number of your applications, add you date of birth, passport number, and country.

Once that is done, it should import the application on to the online account, I hope it helps I did it today. 

24 minutes ago, Chris N Lora said:

Hey Eddie, I have been able to upload my application on line ...

If you have an immi account, all you need to do is copy and paste the reference number of your applications, add you date of birth, passport number, and country.

Once that is done, it should import the application on to the online account, I hope it helps I did it today. 

Hi Chris N Lora, there seems no way importing the paper application into the immi account due to no application ID for paper applications. The DIBP website says citizenship paper application is not importable. I tried to use Client ID as an application ID when importing but no luck. Do u have an application ID (NOT Client ID) in the acknowledgement email for ur paper application?

Hi @Chris N Lora

Thanks for your reply. I tried but like what @Juncobaltsaid my client ID doesnt work on the reference ID column when trying to import my application. @JuncobaltI got a friend applying for Citizenship via paper in Perth successfully imported his application online, but he does have a reference ID instead of our Client ID. I guess for NSW applicants importing doesnt work.

7 minutes ago, Eddie0719 said:

Hi @Chris N Lora

Thanks for your reply. I tried but like what @Juncobaltsaid my client ID doesnt work on the reference ID column when trying to import my application. @JuncobaltI got a friend applying for Citizenship via paper in Perth successfully imported his application online, but he does have a reference ID instead of our Client ID. I guess for NSW applicants importing doesnt work.

I am a NSW resident .... I know it sounds silly but did you refresh the browser, also the DOB section does jump so check the correct date of birth .... all 4 of ours were loaded successfully. 

18 minutes ago, Juncobalt said:

Hi Chris N Lora, there seems no way importing the paper application into the immi account due to no application ID for paper applications. The DIBP website says citizenship paper application is not importable. I tried to use Client ID as an application ID when importing but no luck. Do u have an application ID (NOT Client ID) in the acknowledgement email for ur paper application?

hi Juncobalt. did you use the client ID or the application ID? ... I used the application id, when  the immigration Dept emailed you the "Acknowledgement of receipt of an application for Australian citizenship" open up the PDF, look down to the application id just above the email address you gave you, should be an 8 digit ID number. ... if you enter that one it should work.... same for you eddie. 

Chris 

4 minutes ago, Chris N Lora said:

hi Juncobalt. did you use the client ID or the application ID? ... I used the application id, when  the immigration Dept emailed you the "Acknowledgement of receipt of an application for Australian citizenship" open up the PDF, look down to the application id just above the email address you gave you, should be an 8 digit ID number. ... if you enter that one it should work.... same for you eddie. 

Chris 

Thank you Chris, but unfortunately DIBP just sent me a 'Citizenship Correspondence Email for a Test Appointment' no acknowledgement email at all. So there is only a client ID in this email; they are too unprofessional, anything relating to citizenship application seems to variable. For example, Eddie, u and I all come from NSW, u have application ID but not the case for Eddie and me. 

They process the applications totally inconsistently, arbitrarily, no standard, very randomly, lack of fairness, using the case by case and complexity of the cases as the excuses I mentioned. In brief, this dept is disappointing. My app has exceeded 13 months since submission and 6 months after test. I made a formal writing complaint but very disappointing is such that a reply as below

'you will appreciate that applications for citizenship are assessed on an individual basis.  Where relevant, a case may be forwarded to another part of the Department to assist with the assessment of your case.  Sometimes an applicant may be asked to provide additional information and/or attend an additional interview to assist in completing the assessment.

The length of time taken to complete an assessment varies for individual cases and may be undertaken at any point in the citizenship application process.  Timeframes depend on factors such as the number of applications the Department is dealing with, the individual circumstances of an applicant and the complexity of resolving each of the criteria in the application.' 

To be intolerable is that they lie to us, saying that ur case is complex and many factors take time or so called checks. The excuse of delays due to security checks (most time consuming procedure) have been negated by clarification of ASIO that only a very small percentage of these have been caused by errors resulting in a delay in the completion of the security

assessment.(https://www.igis.gov.au/complaints/immigration-matters). Also, a series of 'may' factors, e.g.,  providing additional information and/or attending an additional interview are also liars coz request to additional information and/or an additional interview did not occur to delayed applicants at all. This confirms their excuses. I don't believe anybody recognizes it's fair to process the very fresh apps first, making it approved on the same date of the test of just a few days after test. We are in the very first places of this so long queue but these stupid persons put these late applications in front of us to cut in line.

This is to say, if they are so accountable to care ur case, just a few hours work to make it complete, not too complex taking half or even more than 1 year but if they put aside and never look after application, it will be endless waiting and becomes so 'complex' from their mouths.

For anyone interested;

Date applied(posted)  - 24th August 2017

Acknowledgement Email - 29th August 2017

Council - Gold Coast City Council

Online / Paper - Paper

Date of Citizenship Test - 20/12/2017......PASSED

Citizenship approval letter - TBA

Date of ceremony - TBA - Test centre said that QLD is currently about 3-6 months, but nearer 3!

Type of ceremony - Standard

54 minutes ago, Eddie0719 said:

Hi @Juncobalt

Correct you and I dont have the so-called reference ID.

Your case seems very uncommon. Have you tried to call them? If so what did they say? May I please know your original nationality?

All the best,

Eddie

Hi Eddie, we are from the same home country. Called Sep they said wait; called half month ago said wait. This Monday made an online complaint to Global Unit of the dept with a complaint letter. Then wrote the app in final stage but couldn’t give a definitive waiting time and with the above explanation. Their excuses have been abused and always in my expectation. 

17 hours ago, Juncobalt said:

Hi Eddie, we are from the same home country. Called Sep they said wait; called half month ago said wait. This Monday made an online complaint to Global Unit of the dept with a complaint letter. Then wrote the app in final stage but couldn’t give a definitive waiting time and with the above explanation. Their excuses have been abused and always in my expectation. 

Hi @Juncobalt

I can feel how hopeless you are and I firmly believe I would be most likely on the same boat with you. It is really painful to deal with the DIBP. Check out their Google review - 1.5 stars... Money suckers!

Just received an email from Moreton Bay Regional Council inviting us to our citizenship ceremony on 26th January!

My husband and I both applied together and took our tests on the same day and time.  His approval took 5 months longer to come through than mine.  

Good luck to those still waiting.

1. Date Applied: 03/03/2017

2. City/Council Area: Moreton Bay, Brisbane

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Acknowledgement Email: 03/03/2017

5. Citizenship Test e-mail: 27/03/2017

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 29/05/2017 (rearranged from 23/05/2017)

7. Approval letter: 06/06/17 & 06/11/17

8. Date of ceremony: 26/01/18