AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

I just logged onto my Immi account and it now says approved. I applied early January. Obviously happy but it says on the account your citizenship ceremony will be up to 6 months from the date you are approved so still a bit annoyed about that but at least the ball is rolling now

Does anyone know who sends the ceremony appointment? Is it immigration or the local council?

Immigrations send a monthly list of ‘approved’ to the local council who add the names to the next ceremony list. The invite for the ceremony comes from your local council but that may not be until a few weeks before the ceremony. You could leave it a month and call your council to ask if you are on the list. Your council should list the next available ceremony dates on their website. Good luck and enjoy the ceremony!

Hi Guys, 
I have applied my citizenship on 20/10/2017 and got my email for the citizenship test for 11/12/2017. 
They have requested to bring original documents. However my old passport with entry date is lost. can  you suggest me what can i do o this matter. I applied the citizenship using Moment of travel document. 
Do u think i need to talk with immigration?
thank you 
samit

Hi Samit my children had done the same so I went into my email archives and found the Singapore Airlines eticket they used when they came over and also the flight centre booking email and they accepted those with no problems.

9 hours ago, Jemvin said:

What is the deal with comments regarding cancelling overseas trips ? I applied this month and have a trip booked in may which I stated the dates on application. Is there any reason I should worry about this? 

You're allowed to travel during processing, so no need to worry.

On 12/1/2017 at 15:37, samit said:

Hi Guys, 

I have applied my citizenship on 20/10/2017 and got my email for the citizenship test for 11/12/2017. 

They have requested to bring original documents. However my old passport with entry date is lost. can  you suggest me what can i do o this matter. I applied the citizenship using Moment of travel document. 

Do u think i need to talk with immigration?

thank you 

samit

Hi Samit,

My wife and children's proof was on old passports but although we had and took them, they were not required or even looked at. The proof was all online already and was accessed from their new passport details. 

HTH

For anyone interested;

Date applied(posted)  - 24th August 2017

Acknowledgement Email - 29th August 2017

Council - Gold Coast City Council

Online / Paper - Paper

Date of Citizenship Test - 20/12/2017......(pretty quick I thought, wasn't expecting to hear anything until about March)

Citizenship approval letter - TBA

Date of ceremony - TBA

Type of ceremony - TBA

On 11/22/2017 at 07:25, jayesh said:

Perth Immi

Hubby did his test on Friday 1 Dec, on the same day his status changed to approved and his letter was sent out. I did my test on 4th Dec, my status still says received, there seems to be no consistency at all. As I have been out of the country 101 day, immi said I may need another police check ??!!! Anyone know anything about this ?