AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

29 minutes ago, Eddie0719 said:

I feel a bit depressed...It is so annoying that we had to change our Christmas travelling plan from overseas to domestic....

Hi Eddie0719, this is why we feel quite upset and disgusting if our application gets 'suspended' for approval for long long time. Waiting does not just waiting itself but means a lot, in particular, when we have overseas travel plans. Also, some jobs  may require citizenship; the waiting deprives those on 'waiting list' of the eligibility for job application.

I have been unable to do any overseas traveling since the application submitted more than 1 year before. Called this Monday but as expected they are nothing but helpless, always asking to wait. If they were placed on our situations, they would feel even more painful and might never say that endless waiting.  

Anyway, I will complain next week as mine has exceeded 12 months, still not getting approved. Their time line is 13 months taken for application lodgment to ceremony. Nobody will expect 1 month from approval to ceremony following their normal procedures (even if my app gets approved now). So it means my case is significantly beyond the time frame. I have to say how irresponsible and indifferent such case officers are. 

Sent an email to Perth DIBP a week ago asking whether they have all the documents , they responded with a generic response email as below.

*****************************************************************************************

Thankyou for contacting Perth Citizenship, Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

This message confirms that we have received your email.

This email contains answers to our most frequently asked questions. If your question is answered below, you will not receive a further email.

We are generally processing applications lodged in January 2017.

What is the progress of my application?

Please do not contact us to enquire about the status of your application. This office does not provide individual progress updates

Hi all,

I feel extremely depressed....

I got an opportunity to work in a large IT roll-out project but it needed citizenship & baseline clearance.

I anticipated that the DIBP would slack off so I applied in paper EIGHT MONTHS ago. However, nothing happened after the exam...

Now l completely lost the opportunity. The project needs to go ahead so they cant wait for me.    

I am not complaining anything but I feel extremely upset.

They don't care how hard for our immigrants to find a job here.

What a Christmas gift. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie0719 said:

Hi all,

I feel extremely depressed....

I got an opportunity to work in a large IT roll-out project but it needed citizenship & baseline clearance.

I anticipated that the DIBP would slack off so I applied in paper EIGHT MONTHS ago. However, nothing happened after the exam...

Now l completely lost the opportunity. The project needs to go ahead so they cant wait for me.    

I am not complaining anything but I feel extremely upset.

They don't care how hard for our immigrants to find a job here.

What a Christmas gift. 

Citizenship Application: 27/03/2017 Acknowledgement: 27/03/2017 Online / Paper - Paper Test Email. - Citizenship Test 29/6/2017 -Citizenship approval letter TBA  - Date of ceremony - TBA - Type of ceremony Normal

On 11/28/2017 at 09:58, Eddie0719 said:

Citizenship Application: 27/03/2017 Acknowledgement: 27/03/2017 Online / Paper - Paper Test Email. - Citizenship Test 29/6/2017 -Citizenship approval letter TBA  - Date of ceremony - TBA - Type of ceremony Normal

Hi Eddie0719,

Same things are happening to me as well. Cannot apply for the jobs requiring citizenship. What's worse is, I have been unable to do any international travel for more than 1 year. What a shit!  I don't know why such low quality staff can get employed there but it's not strange because the department is so. 

Called last Monday and got nothing. Still asked waiting as they did in Sept over the phone and didn't say how long. Frankly, very disappointing.  Believe most agree with that approvals and/or or even ceremony finalization on the applications lodged far latter have destroyed the fairness.  

Quoted kiwi2768's thread:

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that if the DIBP were a private company they would have gone out of business years ago due to sheer incompetence. There is absolutely no excuse for people to be waiting more than six months for their citizenship application to be approved. I'm sure their motto is "No care, no responsibility, no accountability." 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheila said:

Same here

I have booked my family trip to Europe which will result in a further delay in the processing. 

Eddie0719 said: 

I feel a bit depressed...It is so annoying that we had to change our Christmas travelling plan from overseas to domestic....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? As long as you have a valid passport, get a RRV if your PR travel rights are no longer valid. It won't delay the processing, it might just delay the ceremony till you get back

Edited by Nemesis

My understanding is that the processing will remain on hold when you are overseas?

This will delay your ceremony as well. Alot of ceremonies are already cancelled due to a low number of candidates.  Therefore overseas trip may result in a 6 months delay

Edited by Sheila
  • Thanks 1