AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 hours ago, Eddie0719 said:

A person from my council did the exam on 28 Nov and got his approval letter straightaway after the exam...

While I ve been waiting for 5 months after the exam.

I am worrying about their another excuse that 'sorry, Mr Eddie 0719 you belong to the 10% we don't say 90% applications are sure to be processed in 13 months and NEVER PROMISE, that's just an estimate and statistics'. Plus case by case excuse so we are desperate even if the expected time is due. Mine is an example. They are no care, no responsibility, no accountability to us. 

According to the cases you mentioned above (not the only one) and the fact that permanent resident applicants from the same home country got approved in a significantly varying time, it can be concluded that 1) the so called checks are just excuse they use to deal with the applicants' ANGRY inquiries or complaints on delayed cases. If they checks do exist, the approval timeline for applicants from the same risk rating country should be very similar (a small variance) but it's not the case. 2) some applications in citizenship and PR got approval letter straightaway after the exam (for PR is the submission) suggests the so-called checks are not done on these cases, wherever such applicants come from because EXCEPT security check but police check and other checks at least take some time but now it's 0 day. It can be deduced from 2) the so-called checks are not needed and performed to case, but if your cases happen to be delayed, sorry guys you're unlucky to be 'CHECKED'.  There is no way for us to know whether or not it's indeed subject to checks so there is no NO SOLUTION to this excuse, either. LOL

Don't forget they have the last one 'you are coincidentally not in the 90%' ; tragically, they do not have the timeline for this 10%. 

On 11/28/2017 at 05:40, Sheila said:

Sent an email to Perth DIBP a week ago asking whether they have all the documents , they responded with a generic response email as below.

*****************************************************************************************

Thankyou for contacting Perth Citizenship, Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

This message confirms that we have received your email.

This email contains answers to our most frequently asked questions. If your question is answered below, you will not receive a further email.

We are generally processing applications lodged in January 2017.

What is the progress of my application?

Please do not contact us to enquire about the status of your application. This office does not provide individual progress updates

We applied for citizenship on 27 Apr 2017 online, my husband was informed 1 week ago that he has his test tomorrow. I have not heard anything about my test ! When I spoke to Perth Immi they told me that all applications are processed at different times depending on who processed them and applying on the same date did not mean the same amount of processing time would apply.

• Like 1

All - can I suggest a reality check here? It is what it is ......... the citizenship timelines are longer than we'd want. We won't change anything in this forum by berating the system. All we'll do is wind each other up and make anyone reading these posts even more anxious. Yes, it's inconvenient. But we're in a safe country that has granted us PR which is basically permanent leave to remain here. Try being on a 457 and losing your job. That will make you anxious as you have to depart AU unless you can find new sponsorship within a specific timeframe. I suggest we focus on other things and stop checking our immi account status every (other) day. Do something else until your dates come through. If they are well overdue take some rational action. These are first world problems!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 09:24, Eddie0719 said:

A person from my council did the exam on 28 Nov and got his approval letter straightaway after the exam...

While I ve been waiting for 5 months after the exam.

Application: 09.09.2017
Test email: 09.11.2017
Test: 23.11.2017
Update from Received to Approved on online account: 23.11.2017
Approval letter received: 29.11.2017 (dated 23.11.2017)

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

I called DIBP 10 mins ago, so fast get representative's response, but also fast ended phone call: you can check your status Finalised or not via Immi Account. We cannot tell you about process of your application over phone.  'So excellent' answer.

Today's also the End of Nov., so called 'expected finally approval letter of all before 20 Apr created' ? But the reality is that recently you guys shared other applications info that later than 20 Apr have been approved on the same day or just a short term waiting. I think the so called 'random process' without a timeline sequence is unfair for us who are waiting too long time.   

Edited by Elliot Tsao
  • Like 1

I just found an info from a Chinese aussie forum: an applicant lodged in this Oct and did test recently, the interviewer said: cuz you submitted all required documents, you may receive your letter before this Xmas. Why he said like that? My interviewer told me in June: Pls ba patient your letter may be issued in a period of 4 mths.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ali W said:

We applied 27 April 2017 my husband has his test date tomorrow I have not heard anything although we applied at the same time !

We applied Aug 19. My wife got test email and completed the test last week. I am yet to receive the test email.

Hi Guys, 

I have applied my citizenship on 20/10/2017 and got my email for the citizenship test for 11/12/2017. 

They have requested to bring original documents. However my old passport with entry date is lost. can  you suggest me what can i do o this matter. I applied the citizenship using Moment of travel document. 

Do u think i need to talk with immigration?

thank you 

samit

Guest Guest226914

I just logged onto my Immi account and it now says approved. I applied early January. Obviously happy but it says on the account your citizenship ceremony will be up to 6 months from the date you are approved so still a bit annoyed about that but at least the ball is rolling now

Does anyone know who sends the ceremony appointment? Is it immigration or the local council?