AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, Chris N Lora said:

In what context does it matter, I would of assumed, it would be based on merit rather than the country of origin... provided you meet the set criteria.. it shouldn't matter ...

Country of origin doesn't matter wen it comes to granting citizenship, but it may have an effect on processing times as some countries are subject to more security checks than others. 

9 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Country of origin doesn't matter wen it comes to granting citizenship, but it may have an effect on processing times as some countries are subject to more security checks than others. 

Ah, thank you, I was not aware of extra security checks ... we originate from the UK.

37 minutes ago, Eddie0719 said:

Happy New Year guys! 

Would it be possible to attend the ceremony straightaway instead of waiting for the approval letter?

Thanks 

Happy New Year, Eddie!

I am always expecting to get ceremony invitation straightaway without the approval letter. Just expecting it, better than stressfully waiting for the approval letter. 

On 19/12/2017 at 19:21, Plentymech said:

Applied on the 21st April, had test late November. Children approved within a week, we had to get new police checks from the UK as neglected to recognise the time spent before we activated the PR visas and moved permanently. Sent the checks off yesterday so now waiting for approval and then the wait for the ceremony.

We applied a month later so should get the test date soon.

For online application of Australian citizenship submitted after April 20 2017, does DIBP sent test/interview notice through immiAccount "View Application Mailbox" as well ?

or we need to keep checking our own email for test/interview notification ? any experience sharing would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Sheila said:

@Eddie937  Have you had test or not yet?

I have heard nothing from DIBP since I had my email saying it had been received on the 25 April 17. 

They have the same info as I gave them for my permanent residency. I have not been out of the country since I was approved PR. 

Eddie