Is anyone else just a citizen by decent and applied ?? Getting worried now as all my info - birth cert etc is British but I have citizenship from my mum. I've provided my citizenship  certificate to prove this but I'm my RFI they asked for full Birth cert and passport 🙈.. starting to panic now that hubby may not be able to get the visa!! 

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just standard documents that they ask for.

As with my RFI they have asked for my wife's birth certificate and she has never ever needed it in her life.

If that's all they need you sound like you're in a great situation.

Is anyone else just a citizen by decent and applied ?? Getting worried now as all my info - birth cert etc is British but I have citizenship from my mum. I've provided my citizenship  certificate to prove this but I'm my RFI they asked for full Birth cert and passport [emoji85].. starting to panic now that hubby may not be able to get the visa!! 

4 hours ago, Butterflies1988 said:

Is anyone else just a citizen by decent and applied ?? Getting worried now as all my info - birth cert etc is British but I have citizenship from my mum. I've provided my citizenship  certificate to prove this but I'm my RFI they asked for full Birth cert and passport 🙈.. starting to panic now that hubby may not be able to get the visa!! 

Hi my wife was Citizen by decent, we uploaded her uk birth certificate and Australian citizenship cert and all was good for me getting my visa. Good luck.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Woodydj82 said:

Hi my wife was Citizen by decent, we uploaded her uk birth certificate and Australian citizenship cert and all was good for me getting my visa. Good luck.

Oh fab thats really reassuring thank you !! It's just this wait I think I'm starting to doubt everything 😆... 

On 24/07/2019 at 14:35, mppc said:

I'm getting so frustrated, got my RFI just over 2 months ago and absolutely nothing from then. I can't contact anyone about it and I'm actually waking through the night second guessing everything I sent. I'm so happy grants are coming through as there is movement which is amazing but it's just making me extremely nervous that I have done it completely wrong. 

So much hard work put in for them to request information that I already had scanned onto my account. It's soul destroying. 

26 minutes ago, mppc said:

I'm getting so frustrated, got my RFI just over 2 months ago and absolutely nothing from then. I can't contact anyone about it and I'm actually waking through the night second guessing everything I sent. I'm so happy grants are coming through as there is movement which is amazing but it's just making me extremely nervous that I have done it completely wrong. 

So much hard work put in for them to request information that I already had scanned onto my account. It's soul destroying. 

Hi @mppc I know how you feel! I had an RFI on 6th June and haven't heard a single thing since! It is so hard. I can't check anything either as I applied through an agent. She believes the grant will come through next month, but all this waiting makes you think crazy things. I can't help but think if something is wrong, or are they going to reject the application. It's very stressful and I understand they have to do all their checks however immigration needs to take into consideration how much stress is caused by having to wait so long without hearing anything, and also seeing people who applied well after us, receiving their grants. 

🤞🏽I hope our grants come through sooner rather than later! 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 16:07, Emz82 said:

@AK2910 hopefully you’ll hear very soon - you must be close to front on the queue. 🤞It’s so difficult being unable to make plans. Think I’m becoming obsessed with checking this thread! 

@Emz82 I hope so but there does not seem to be any order or priority by lodgement date which is frustrating. I check my emails and this forum everyday! It's getting too obsessive but any news of people getting grants makes me think that maybe mine will be soon!?

@AK2910 thanks I just can't understand why if you get a RFI you are penalised by being put to the back of the list. It's a massive undertaking which takes so much time and patience, RFI is not unusual but costs months waiting for a reply which is quite unnecessary giving that the case officer only has to check to see if everything is updated and decision ready. 

Hi all,
We applied for my husband's visa 15 July and still gathering all of the documents. Can anybody confirm if he needs to complete the Form 80 and Form 1221?
TIA! 
Yes to both. Put something in every category that applies to you. The more you give them the less chance they need to ask for anything, which will delay your application. More info the better!

Hi.

An update from my end. We received an RFI today for my wife's (the sponsor) original birth certificate.

A few calls back to oz and it turns out we can piece together the turn of events from my wife's birth, but there is no birth certificate as she was born in the middle east. We have quite a few supporting documents and birth certificate and registration in the UK and proof of australian citizenship.

But does anyone know of an immigration lawyer in london that knows the australian system? Or would an immigration agent be able to deal with such a complex query? If so can anyone recommend a really good one to go to?

Thanks in anticipation

Any birth certificate is fine, upload all her information into one pdf. This might be her UK birth certificate, her Australian citizenship certificate and any other relating documents which validate her Aussie status. She dosn't need an aussie birth certificate to be Australian. They are just asking for her original birth certificate from where ever it was issued.

Hi there,
I'm a sponsor having lived in the UK since 1996 and meeting partner in 1998 and been together ever since.  Applied for spouse visa in April 19 and hopefully completed correctly, however I haven't done an Australian police check for myself as I haven't lived there for such a long time. I left when I was 26 years of age, does the consensus think I should get one done?

I also have been in the UK for several decades. An Australian police check is NOT required if you have resided outside Australia, as the Aussies only check last 10years history. You can find conformation of this by searching Australia police checks. You are required to submit police checks for any country you have been resident of in the last 10years. So if you have only lived in the UK your ACRO report is sufficient.

I'm so sorry to hear your grants not in yet!...gggrrrr...how horrid for you!
I don't think RFI applications go to the back of the que. Rather they go to a new RFI que. I'm not sure how many spousal visas the Aussies get each year but I think it's probably in the tens of thousands. So where applications have queries I would think they are moved to a separate pile to be validated. This then causes the backlog as it seems more applications have queries than not, so those with RFI essentially are more plentiful in quantity and take longer to process. Where the RFI needs validation from another agency or organisation this further adds to the timeframe.

I truly hope your grant arrives soon. Your in Oz now arnt you? How is it? Hope your enjoying the weather [emoji16]

Hi all - I love this thread and reading about all of your progress. 

We lodged in April, and have done and our medical as requested.

I am now wondering if we should do our police checks, or wait for them to be requested?? We have been together for 12 years and have two Australian / British children, so have a lot of evidence, but I'm still nervous!

Also, I have lived in the UK since November 2009 - so not quite 10 years - do you think I still need an Aussie police check? 

Hi all - I love this thread and reading about all of your progress. 
We lodged in April, and have done and our medical as requested.
I am now wondering if we should do our police checks, or wait for them to be requested?? We have been together for 12 years and have two Australian / British children, so have a lot of evidence, but I'm still nervous!
Also, I have lived in the UK since November 2009 - so not quite 10 years - do you think I still need an Aussie police check? 

Yes and yes. You need to do police checks for applicant and sponsor. If the sponsor has resided in Australia in the last 10 years you need that too. Do Not wait for requests or your application will be delayed. Aim to upload something into every section of the immi upload area. You can click on the drop down boxes to see examples of what types of information is required. Get it all in there!
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EmilyIreneJones said:

Hi all,

I submitted my 309/100 in early April 2019 in London. Submitted police checks and evidence in April but haven’t submitted health checks. 

Has anyone heard anything from submitting in London? No update from me. 

Em

We submitted from London in January 2019 with front loaded application other than medical, received RFI for medial in May which was uploaded in June.  Not heard anything since.  Think I'm starting to go slightly insane with all the waiting!

3 hours ago, EmilyIreneJones said:

Hi all,

I submitted my 309/100 in early April 2019 in London. Submitted police checks and evidence in April but haven’t submitted health checks. 

Has anyone heard anything from submitting in London? No update from me. 

Em

We applied 30th December, and were RFi'd 23.05.2019, but haven't heard anything since! There seems to be a few of us that were RFI'd in May and waiting on that golden ticket!! Good Luck to everyone!! Hopefully we'll get some grants or RFI's this week! Let us know if anyone hears anything xx

I submitted my application for 100/309 on 19th March 19 in the UK. I’ve heard nothing since other thank a request for a medical which I completed last month.
That's not unusual. Just keep adding files and evidence to all of the sections in immi. We didn't hear a thing until the grant was approved 6 months after we submitted.
  • Like 2

I got my police check and uploaded it about 3 months after submission and before out RFI last week. In the RFI it was just my wife's original birth certificate that was requested and nothing about a police check for her. I have found that a bit strange as we submitted all the other info about her aussie citizenship.

I am now at 8 month mark waiting and still no RFIs. All medicals and police checks done.  I have been doing long distance with my husband as he had already moved to Oz when the application was lodged offshore. Is there any merit in uploading further support for ongoing relationship to preempt any queries about last 8 months? (I.ep trips to see each other, joint bank account opened etc).

Does the fact we have now been doing distance reset the clock so i probably will only be granted temp and not permanent visa...?

I am now getting really antsy just waiting , unable to make plans and not seeing any movement in application so now completely overthinking what has gone wrong with my application etc.

Never thought that most of my first year of marriage would be spent at opposite parts of the world.

18 hours ago, GRS said:

I am now at 8 month mark waiting and still no RFIs. All medicals and police checks done.  I have been doing long distance with my husband as he had already moved to Oz when the application was lodged offshore. Is there any merit in uploading further support for ongoing relationship to preempt any queries about last 8 months? (I.ep trips to see each other, joint bank account opened etc).

Does the fact we have now been doing distance reset the clock so i probably will only be granted temp and not permanent visa...?

I am now getting really antsy just waiting , unable to make plans and not seeing any movement in application so now completely overthinking what has gone wrong with my application etc.

Never thought that most of my first year of marriage would be spent at opposite parts of the world.

We have just uploaded new joint bank statements, any photos or e-mail exchanges between us both and other parties as each month passes by, rationale being that more information can't hurt our application.

Im not sure on the temp visa bit though, I am not sure if I will be granted a permanent or temp visa myself, although at this point I would just like a visa so we can get on with our plans, regardless of 309 or 100.

Fingers crossed we all start seeing grants soon.

This wait is awful, I feel for you's both. The fact we can't contact anyone makes it more frustrating. I'm just behind you's so fingers crossed. I have actually lost hope as every week I'm thinking this is it only for a big fat nothing. Trying to stay positive but it's getting very hard. 

Edited by mppc