Hi Everyone
This is my first time posting on here,my wife has been messaging on my behalf Roomummy .
It's been good reading the messages on here,and knowing others are going through the same struggles with the whole process.

I'm praying that the bird that messed on me this morning,is a sign of my luck changing and things moving forward for all of us....Be positive and I'm sure we will all hear soon[emoji16][emoji16]

• Like 2

It's so quiet at the minute I swear tumble weeds are passing! Not sure what the hold up is as it's been a while from the last grant. We leave next week on the 15th for dublin then fly out on the 16th to Brisbane. Hoping to see movement soon in a full flurry.

I really hope you's get word and can go together @Steppy, everything crossed! 

Edited by mppc
  • Like 2

OMG I’m going bonkers and it’s only been 4 months for me. Every time I get a little excited about our wedding I stop myself from making any plans because you just don’t know when it’s going to happen. Or IF! Not that I want to think of that! Lol. 

Last week was a let down on grants but maybe there will be a few this week. Hopefully all the older ones get granted so you can move on. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmileyD said:

OMG I’m going bonkers and it’s only been 4 months for me. Every time I get a little excited about our wedding I stop myself from making any plans because you just don’t know when it’s going to happen. Or IF! Not that I want to think of that! Lol. 

Last week was a let down on grants but maybe there will be a few this week. Hopefully all the older ones get granted so you can move on. 

Good luck everyone!

I feel exactly the same! I don't mind waiting when I see that something is happening, but right now it's just dead quiet...

I hope it picks up soon, cause I'm already checking my immi account every hour or so!

I'm planning to go to Canberra around Dec/Jan and I hope my visa will be ready by then.

I guess we all need to be patient and wait and see.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ga_brysia said:

I feel exactly the same! I don't mind waiting when I see that something is happening, but right now it's just dead quiet...

I hope it picks up soon, cause I'm already checking my immi account every hour or so!

I'm planning to go to Canberra around Dec/Jan and I hope my visa will be ready by then.

Yes I’ve started the daily check! I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone choosing Canberra to move to. At least it will be nice and warm when you come over. 

I called a private migration agent on Friday to check what our options may be if the 309 is not granted by the time we need it in September. I was wondering if there is a bridging visa for spouses who are waiting for 309, but unfortunately, there is no other option. My husband has been delaying looking for work due to the visa process as we did not want him to find work that he could not accept. The agent advised him to start looking for employment and double end our applications if he was lucky enough to find a job that would also give a working sponsorship. However, it was the agent's opinion that the spousal 309 would probably beat a work sponsor visa at this stage. The agent's guestimate was that we should hear this month or next for RFI and confirmed trends were about 6months for London applications. Fingers crossed for some news this week. Like @ga_brysia I'd just be happy to see someone receive a grant so we know the queue is still moving. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ga_brysia said:

In the same boat! RPI for medial which was uploaded to my account on June.  Hoping to be in Melbourne by the end of November, so really hope we get the visa through before then!

• Like 2

Everyone on here needs to count there lucky stars that there visas are going through within 12 months. I’m still waiting after 16 months of an appeal so hopefully in next 6 months I should hear something positive and that they grant me straight away. Because if it has to go back to embassy after the appeal then god knows how long it will be before I get there 😢😢😢

• Sad 2

It must be awful Ben but your case is an exception to the trends. A lot of us have taken a gamble with the information we have and based our decisions around that so it's a very anxious time for us all. I hope you get news soon and you are starting your new life in OZ. If anyone deserves it after this wait you do. 

• Like 1

Really hoping things start moving again soon. I think we’re bucking the trend at 8 months with no contact. I’m really hoping to hear soon as so much to organise if we plan on getting there for February. It would be great to see any movement. Good luck with your appeal Ben34uk. 

• Like 2

On 09/07/2019 at 17:55, Ben34uk said:

Everyone on here needs to count there lucky stars that there visas are going through within 12 months. I’m still waiting after 16 months of an appeal so hopefully in next 6 months I should hear something positive and that they grant me straight away. Because if it has to go back to embassy after the appeal then god knows how long it will be before I get there 😢😢😢

Hi Ben34uk, Do you mind me asking what the complication is that has resulted in an appeal? You don't have to give personal info of cause, but I'm just wondering if this is something the rest of us can avoid by you sharing? 

Hi All

We applied for the 309/100 on 21st January 2019, i had a RFI on 14th May for medical check and husbands birth cert and police certs which they gave me 28 days to upload. The Aussie police check took 6 weeks to reach us in uk! So i was late in uploading on 25th June. I also uploaded my police check at the same time to hopefully save any further RFI's even though it waa not requsted. Current application status is "Further Assessment" Hoping for a grant soon!

14 minutes ago, Scotmeetssyd said:

Hi All

We applied for the 309/100 on 21st January 2019, i had a RFI on 14th May for medical check and husbands birth cert and police certs which they gave me 28 days to upload. The Aussie police check took 6 weeks to reach us in uk! So i was late in uploading on 25th June. I also uploaded my police check at the same time to hopefully save any further RFI's even though it waa not requsted. Current application status is "Further Assessment" Hoping for a grant soon!

You have very similar dates to us and still not heard anything just further assesment .  Fingers crossed it won't be much longer now!!

• Like 1

Hi@Butterflies1988 , mine was submitted on the 31/1 , and all medical and police checks done all the relevant information required, but we have not heard a single thing yet.
My wife and I are due to go out in September and the kids,but if my 309 doesn't come through I will have to come back after a few weeks,due to work.
I wish you all the best though and fingers crossed yours mine and all the others start to move soon

You have very similar dates to us and still not heard anything just further assesment .  Fingers crossed it won't be much longer now!!
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ben34uk said:

For some reason technical there end our documents didn’t attach to the application. So after 4 weeks they refused us. 

Also referred to me as a her and she through the rejection letter. 

Ah, that's rubbish Ben34uk!! So sorry to hear of the technical issues you have had. I have seen in this thread someone else who had documents disappear off their account. Is there a complaints department? Are you able to submit a formal complaint to get current status on your application/appeal and lodge a grievance? Have you tried contacting your partners local PM in Australia for some support? Just an idea 🙂 

1 hour ago, Scotmeetssyd said:

Hi Butterflies1988 well hopefully we are both granted at the same time then 😊 i was having a look back conversations and cant see anyone being granted recently? Where do you plan on moving to? X

We are hoping to go to Brisbane but really we need to go where I can get a job! How about you?! I haven't seen anyone granted for ages ! X 

38 minutes ago, Steppy said:

Hi@Butterflies1988 , mine was submitted on the 31/1 , and all medical and police checks done all the relevant information required, but we have not heard a single thing yet.
My wife and I are due to go out in September and the kids,but if my 309 doesn't come through I will have to come back after a few weeks,due to work.
I wish you all the best though and fingers crossed yours mine and all the others start to move soon

Thank you! Yes ours was submitted 21st Jan and RFI all submitted by June 11th . It's so frustrating when you don't hear anything for so long ! Where is it your going? Fingers crossed it's before September !!

We are going to Sydney,we have purchased a property ,and are near on ready to go

Thank you! Yes ours was submitted 21st Jan and RFI all submitted by June 11th . It's so frustrating when you don't hear anything for so long ! Where is it your going? Fingers crossed it's before September !!

6 hours ago, roomummy said:

Ah, that's rubbish Ben34uk!! So sorry to hear of the technical issues you have had. I have seen in this thread someone else who had documents disappear off their account. Is there a complaints department? Are you able to submit a formal complaint to get current status on your application/appeal and lodge a grievance? Have you tried contacting your partners local PM in Australia for some support? Just an idea 🙂 

Unfortunately there is no complaints procedure we have tried every avenue to sort this out. 

Even while we were on Sunshine Coast in March visiting family I contacted the local mp. Sent them all evidence etc. Unfortunately because it’s in the appeals process now they can’t stand in and neither can the minister of immigration. It’s a case of waiting and if it all falls through then the mp and minister will be happy to then step in. Fingers crossed by Xmas we should know what’s going on as that will be the 18 month time frame. 

11 hours ago, Ben34uk said:

Unfortunately there is no complaints procedure we have tried every avenue to sort this out. 

Even while we were on Sunshine Coast in March visiting family I contacted the local mp. Sent them all evidence etc. Unfortunately because it’s in the appeals process now they can’t stand in and neither can the minister of immigration. It’s a case of waiting and if it all falls through then the mp and minister will be happy to then step in. Fingers crossed by Xmas we should know what’s going on as that will be the 18 month time frame. 

Best of luck Ben, please keep us posted. I'm sure there are lots of people here rooting for you!! I hope it doesn't spoil your introduction to Australia. We are hard buggas at times but it will be so worth it once you arrive!! Putting good vibes out there for you. 🤗

• Like 1