Looks like the east coast is a popular choice. Also heading there ourselves once the grant comes through.

Heading to Brisbane as the in laws are in Coolum.

At least it looks like theres movement on the May RFIs. Fingers crossed this coming week brings some more good news for people.

Hi All,

Just jumping on this tread.

I applied whilst in Oz on the 23 July 2019 along with police checks, medical done a few days later and on the system a week later.

Immigration are saying that it is going to take 22-28 months!! I have been with my husband for 14 years, married for 5 and have two sons together who have dual citizenship.

I've not heard anything and don't have a case officer yet.

Has anyone out there who applied at the same time as me heard anything yet?

Cheers

2 hours ago, SarahR said:

Hi All,

I applied whilst in Oz on the 23 July 2019 along with police checks, medical done a few days later and on the system a week later.

Immigration are saying that it is going to take 22-28 months!! I have been with my husband for 14 years, married for 5 and have two sons together who have dual citizenship.

Cheers

Dont think it makes any difference how long you have been married or how many kids.   You have to go in the queue like everyone else im afraid . And it is taking a long time . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SarahR said:

Hi All,

Cheers

Have had a look on the actual immi account saying 15 to 20 months. 

The 15-20 months is the global processing times.

UK has been sognigicatnyky less than this. Earlier in the year the average was about 6-8 months. Looks like it has increased slightly to about 7-9 months. But it maybe the normal trend for those which would have been granted around the start if the new financial year as there was also a lull of grant's this time last year.

As@steveshe mentioned earlier, they all get put in the pot and get assigned a case office in date order. I had my RFI 5.5 months after lodging the application.

On 01/09/2019 at 03:57, SarahR said:

Hi All,

Cheers

I applied end of June 2019 and nothing as of yet, spoke to my immigration agent and she said we are now in the fun 'waiting' period sadly.

On 01/09/2019 at 03:57, SarahR said:

Hi All,

Cheers

Welcome to the thread @SarahR

I applied on 25 Feb and haven’t heard anything. I have a rough list of everyone on the forum- when they applied and when they have had RFIs/grants. Based on my very rough record- everyone after me is still waiting for contact (unless they haven’t updated the thread). Everyone before me has had RFI except for 2 applications made through agents (November and December). I don’t know if it’s different with agents or if this is just a coincidence.

Based on the trend over the past year-two years  you won’t likely get a case officer or contact until at least four months and currently, we are at six+. And the two who applied in 2018 at nine. 

You will have seen the responses already- that the times given are global processing time and UK applications are often being processed within the year. Often six-nine months but of course this isn’t a guarantee and it’s frightening when everything goes so quiet.

However, I understand that your application was submitted in Aus- so you’re in a slightly different boat from most of us, who applied overseas and cannot enter Aus unless on a tourist visa/have no rights to work there / live until the visa is granted. I’m not sure how much your nationality  changes processing times for the onshore visa so might might be worth tracking a forum with other onshore applications to get a better idea of the process over there.

Immigration as a rule won’t entertain enquiries about the application until after the global time scale- unless there are exceptional circumstances in which they might consider expediting your application. I was informed this by the immigration department but how reliable it is and what qualifies as ‘exceptional’ is up for debate.

We are moving to Aus in less than six weeks and hoping we get the grant, but fully prepared to be entering on a tourist visa at this point.

Good luck with your application 

Nic

Hi everyone!

Submitted: 20th Feb 2019 (Through Agent)

Police checks & Medical: Not yet submitted (was told to wait until they were requested)

Aussie living in London with her English husband!

Together 4 years, Married for 1.5 years, 3 years defacto Sept 2019

Would LOVE to think that we’d be heading to Aus early 2020! Wait time was 12-18 months when we applied but has jumped 15-20 months but then dropped back to 12-18!

Used an agent because my husband has a 13 year old to a previous relationship, & contact is difficult, so far we have had unsuccessful contact with her to get confirmation about taking him for the medical or if she wants to deny it, on recommendation after 6 months unsuccessful contact attempts, we wrote a statement & submitted it in the hopes of waiving the need for a medical for him.

Have also been regularly updating my agent with poof of bills in joint names & joint account statements.

The waiting game is pure torture! So frustrating that you cant view anything! So spending my days down the rabbit hole on forums & researching job prospects!

Has anybody had experiences with the waivers or applied similar time to us and have any movement?

x

10 minutes ago, mjpoplett92 said:

Hi everyone!

Police checks & Medical: Not yet submitted (was told to wait until they were requested)

Would LOVE to think that we’d be heading to Aus early 2020! Wait time was 12-18 months when we applied but has jumped 15-20 months but then dropped back to 12-18!

Used an agent because my husband has a 13 year old to a previous relationship, & contact is difficult, so far we have had unsuccessful contact with her to get confirmation about taking him for the medical or if she wants to deny it, on recommendation after 6 months unsuccessful contact attempts, we wrote a statement & submitted it in the hopes of waiving the need for a medical for him.

Have also been regularly updating my agent with poof of bills in joint names & joint account statements.

The waiting game is pure torture! So frustrating that you cant view anything! So spending my days down the rabbit hole on forums & researching job prospects!

Has anybody had experiences with the waivers or applied similar time to us and have any movement?

x

Our is taking a lot longer due to appeal process due to them not receiving any supporting evidence but should be done by January time. 

With regards to you getting medical for your daughter. My daughter who is from a previous relationship is 12 and she will be staying with her mum here and our agent said she doesn’t need to have a medical as she won’t be moving with us. Hope this helps. 

1 minute ago, Ben34uk said:

Our is taking a lot longer due to appeal process due to them not receiving any supporting evidence but should be done by January time. 

With regards to you getting medical for your daughter. My daughter who is from a previous relationship is 12 and she will be staying with her mum here and our agent said she doesn’t need to have a medical as she won’t be moving with us. Hope this helps. 

Yeah, Ray's son will be staying with his mum in the UK! But we were told by the agent that to be excused from him doing the medical, the waiver needed to be applied for! There was next to no additional information we could find online but fingers and toes crossed everything we have submitted will be enough and we'll be headed to aus soon! 

10 minutes ago, mjpoplett92 said:

Hi everyone!

x

so we have bitten the bullet and booked our flights to Brisbane with a holiday stop over in Thailand. 

At this stage I don't have my visa confirmed but expecting that "golden email" any time now as I applied in November 2018. Should the visa not arrive before we leave mid October, I'll have to travel on a holiday Visa or Bridging Visa. has anyone got experience of this scenario?

the main question are,

1 - would a Bridging Visa allow me to stay in Aus and transfer to the partner visa without leaving the country 

2 - would i need to be back in the UK before traveling back to Aus on the partner visa (or would another country closer be OK) 

if anyone can recommend a solicitor / lawyer i can speak to that would be great.  

thanks. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mppc said:

Good luck @Bruce down under I hope you hear soon!

Cheers @mppc

I have since spoken to a lawyer and found out i'll need to travel on a visitor visa if the partner visa doesn't arrive in time (i.e by Mid October)

Once granted I'd need to leave Aus (somewhere like NZ or Thailand) and re-enter on the 309 / 100 visa. Hope this helps anyone else thinking of the same. 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2019 at 20:51, Ben34uk said:

We are moving to the sunny coast also. Where about a are u guys moving to 

Hi Ben34uk, hoping your appeal process goes well. We are still deciding where we'll end up. Will probably depend on school catchment area for lil' one. 

@Nichola Gail I also have a similar rough list of when people applied and were contacted and yep, you're next on my list too. Happy to hear you seem to be making the most of the situation and heading over soon anyway. 

Hoping there is more contact from immi soon. 

1 hour ago, AK2910 said:

I received my 309 today!! Good luck everyone!

OH MY GOD!!!! YAY!!!!!! We are identical timelines so I am trying not to get my hopes up but I hope we are soon! Absolute best of luck and congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Hiya! My partner(British) and I (Aussie) applied from London end of November 2018..RFI mid May.. haven’t heard anything since.. have been together 2 and half years  and have an 8 month old. Hoping for an answer before end of November.. have applied and received 600 visa for 1 year (he will have to leave every 3 months) as I start my job in January. Fingers crossed for everyone! It’s such a stressful time.