Congratulations to all who have received their grants this week! It’s great to see so much movement. We still haven’t heard anything not even an RFI 😢 I’m really hoping ours is looked at soon as the uncertainty of the situation is stressful. I think there is only us and one other person on this forum who applied in 2018 without even an RFI. 

5 hours ago, mjpoplett92 said:

I think we applied only a matter of days apart from each other and similar situations including moving to Brisbane!! 

We used an agent and have been advised to do medicals when requested so will be interesting to see when there is movement! 

Fingers crossed it will be soon for both of us! 

I thought it would take a long time if they ask for medicals so I decided to get them done straight away.

We are planning to move in January. Hopefully, it will be sorted by then.

30 minutes ago, Emz82 said:

Congratulations to all who have received their grants this week! It’s great to see so much movement. We still haven’t heard anything not even an RFI 😢 I’m really hoping ours is looked at soon as the uncertainty of the situation is stressful. I think there is only us and one other person on this forum who applied in 2018 without even an RFI. 

Great to see a flurry of 2018 grants. Congrats all.

Think there was three of us who applied around same time but no rfi! Grants give us hope @Emz82 that ours may move soon and if lucky straight to grant.... (wishful thinking!). 

Thank you for all the messages! At the end of my first full day living in Australia! I was so lucky to get the 309, 6 days before I was due to fly out! As I only had a one way ticket the airline had said when I was waiting at check in that I would have needed to buy a return otherwise they wouldn't have allowed me to travel! 😶 

Regardless, I'm glad it was all okay and I entered Australia with no issues! 

Good luck to the rest for you, especially the 2028 applications. I know exactly what you are feeling and it is horrible but it will happen soon I promise!

5 hours ago, Jeannie said:

@AK2910 where was you flying from and who with? I'm doing just that, one way flight without my grant next week ? 

So happy for you BTW!! all the best

Hi @Jeannie, I flew from London Heathrow with Singapore airlines. I had gotten a tourist visa as a security in case my 309 didn't come in time and I believe that caused me a couple of issues when checking in as they couldn't find any visa on their system for me. Once this was all resolved, with a very quick call to immigration, they informed me that if I had travelled solely on my tourist visa with a one way ticket they would have and me to purchase a return 😒

Congratulations for those receiving their visas. I’m patiently waiting watching this forum everyday. 

Applied - 25 Feb 

Medicals and police checks for both me and partner - May

Married 2 1//2 years, been together 6 years, 1 child and 1 on the way. 

Really hope we start seeing Feb applications getting that golden ticket. Fingers crossed for us all. 

Congrats to those who have recently had their grants come through! Definitely positive to see approvals rolling in and gets me more excited each day...

Hopefully the last few 2018-ers on this topic listing will get theirs soon!

Judging by trends I still have a few months wait (I applied in March 2019)... but I still cant help logging in and checking daily!

This whole process is a great test of patience! 😅

8 hours ago, AK2910 said:

Hi @Jeannie, I flew from London Heathrow with Singapore airlines. I had gotten a tourist visa as a security in case my 309 didn't come in time and I believe that caused me a couple of issues when checking in as they couldn't find any visa on their system for me. Once this was all resolved, with a very quick call to immigration, they informed me that if I had travelled solely on my tourist visa with a one way ticket they would have and me to purchase a return 😒

Nothing is ever easy, got to laugh, I'll give Qantas a call at Heathrow and ask If there is anything I can bring to comfort them I'm legit, failing that I might ask If as long as I have an onward flight (say to Bali) If that will help! Thank you for responding.

Again congratulations to everyone getting there Grants, and all the best to everyone waiting.

3 hours ago, Jeannie said:

Nothing is ever easy, got to laugh, I'll give Qantas a call at Heathrow and ask If there is anything I can bring to comfort them I'm legit, failing that I might ask If as long as I have an onward flight (say to Bali) If that will help! Thank you for responding.

Again congratulations to everyone getting there Grants, and all the best to everyone waiting.

An onward flight would be just as good as a return. They just need to see that you aren't planning to stay in Australia.

If you travel on a one way ticket then when you get to Immigration they can refuse you entry on the grounds they think you might be planning to stay, as you have no proof of onward travel. If that happen then the airline gets fined heavily and has to fly you back to your original departure airport. Showing a return ticvket, or onward booking shows the intent to leave again. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2019 at 21:00, Nemesis said:

An onward flight would be just as good as a return. They just need to see that you aren't planning to stay in Australia.

If you travel on a one way ticket then when you get to Immigration they can refuse you entry on the grounds they think you might be planning to stay, as you have no proof of onward travel. If that happen then the airline gets fined heavily and has to fly you back to your original departure airport. Showing a return ticvket, or onward booking shows the intent to leave again. 

On 13/09/2019 at 02:45, Jeannie said:

@AK2910 where was you flying from and who with? I'm doing just that, one way flight without my grant next week ? 

So happy for you BTW!! all the best

Just to add to this - I travelled to Aus on a one-way ticket last month, on a visitor visa. I flew with Emirates, and had no questions about a return or onward ticket, and no questions at Immigration. Obviously not the same for everyone, but just sharing my experience! 

• Like 1

So glad to see movement. 

I arrived in Brisbane on the 16th July on a one way ticket, I made sure I had enough money to show I could support myself and leave on-time when my visitor visa requires or when I get my 309. I had no questions from the airline or customs. As long as you cover yourself with the relevant visa I can't see why you would be stopped. 

• Like 1

Hi wondering if anyone else has experienced this also....after my RFI a few months ago and status at further assessment my sponsors document attachment section on immi seems to have been frozen, i cant attach any more documents there and previous ones attached have now disappeared? Now worried they havent received previous attachments for the sponsor 😞

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 08:22, ES86 said:

I received my email on Thursday to say they are ready to grant my visa! I'm currently in Australia, so I have to leave to get the grant, so we are making plans for a trip to NZ. 

You probably know this already, but if you're planning your trip for 1st October or later, you'll need to get NZeTA's before you go.  Not needed if you're going before then.  [I'm not sure what the rules are if you arrive before 1st October but leave after that date.  My guess is that you wouldn't need one, but it might be worth checking.]

On 17/09/2019 at 18:38, Scotmeetssyd said:

Hi wondering if anyone else has experienced this also....after my RFI a few months ago and status at further assessment my sponsors document attachment section on immi seems to have been frozen, i cant attach any more documents there and previous ones attached have now disappeared? Now worried they havent received previous attachments for the sponsor 😞

Hi Scotmeetssyd, 

So, I have just checked and within my husband's account, the sponsor (me) document section is showing no documents uploaded.  I'm sure there were at least 30 in there.  I called Department of Home Affairs and they have advised to re-upload, which I have just done.  Don't know what has caused it....happy that I had logged in to upload extra docs and noticed.  Is yours still frozen for uploads?

On 18/09/2019 at 16:07, Steppy said:

We only have 2 more days left in the UK,then the Australian dream begins, container went today ,the dogs and cat are now there in quarantine,the horses fly out tomorrow emoji1037.pngemoji1037.png

Steppy,

So so excited for you! had a quick look back through the forum and looks like you are heading to Sydney.  Hoping for a safe flight for your fam, including the pets.  Let the Aussie dream begin!

21 hours ago, baloosy said:

Hi Scotmeetssyd, 

So, I have just checked and within my husband's account, the sponsor (me) document section is showing no documents uploaded.  I'm sure there were at least 30 in there.  I called Department of Home Affairs and they have advised to re-upload, which I have just done.  Don't know what has caused it....happy that I had logged in to upload extra docs and noticed.  Is yours still frozen for uploads?

Hi baloosy,

I checked my application and all of my husband documents disappeared from my application as well as from his Sponsor application. I wanted to re-upload them, but all of the categories for documents that we used before are gone as well, so I have no idea where to upload the documents, was yours the same?