Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

9 minutes ago, simmo said:

do you not agree that the core of the problem is the koran and its teachings?

The problem is radicalisation yes. We have fueled it by bombing the crap out of the middle East. What are you going to do? Burn all the Korans? Ban mosques? Substitute a jack and Mary version of the Koran?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, simmo said:

today from Manchester 

DAnNYGPXUAECCW9.jpg

BTW if you are inerested the tshirt is this

DAnOFFmW0AACTaM.jpg

You want to ban the burka? I don't disagree, but probably for different reasons. But there will be a cost. France is much tougher on their Muslim communities than we are, and they have a much higher level of terrorism. How many children is a burka worth?

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

You want to ban the burka? I don't disagree, but probably for different reasons. But there will be a cost. France is much tougher on their Muslim communities than we are, and they have a much higher level of terrorism. How many children is a burka worth?

It's the t-shirt I had issue with but since you mentioned it if the burqa was banned it would be a good thing

12 minutes ago, newjez said:

The problem is radicalisation yes. We have fueled it by bombing the crap out of the middle East. What are you going to do? Burn all the Korans? Ban mosques? Substitute a jack and Mary version of the Koran?

If it was down to me yes I would. If any other religions carried out similar crimes believing it is their calling I would ban their books too

24 minutes ago, simmo said:

If it was down to me yes I would. If any other religions carried out similar crimes believing it is their calling I would ban their books too

Solution as always is money and freedom. More money on police etc as I've said before. Greater loss of freedom for all of us. Mobiles, social media, listening devices etc. Better relationship with Muslim community of course. That 60% wouldn't tell stat you quoted is bad. Incidentally, lots of intelligence comes through schools. Can't go into details, but I know several alerts have been triggered by what younger siblings have said to alert teachers. Again, more training in these areas would help. Stabilising the middle East would help too. But hey. Small steps.

49 minutes ago, simmo said:

It's the t-shirt I had issue with but since you mentioned it if the burqa was banned it would be a good thing

Here is a clear reason to ban the burqa 

is it a man or woman under the dress , from what I can see she has very large hands , maybe I am reading it wrong 

what does the Letters stand for ? 

23 minutes ago, newjez said:

Solution as always is money and freedom. More money on police etc as I've said before. Greater loss of freedom for all of us. Mobiles, social media, listening devices etc. Better relationship with Muslim community of course. That 60% wouldn't tell stat you quoted is bad. Incidentally, lots of intelligence comes through schools. Can't go into details, but I know several alerts have been triggered by what younger siblings have said to alert teachers. Again, more training in these areas would help. Stabilising the middle East would help too. But hey. Small steps.

We have been trying to stabilise the Middle East for years , they have been fighting amongst themselves for hundreds of years it's never going to change

what would you do , what do they want , what would you give them , they have built mosques , they have freedom of speech , access to world class health access to welfare payments the list is endless 

not all but a lot don't want to intergrate and become a part of the wider community they have chosen to live in 

They certainly have more freedom living in a western country than anything they have left behind , they build their own enclaves in communities 

I certainly don't have the answers and am totally deflated as to why you can target and kill children , you will never reason with people who are prepared to do this 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, newjez said:

Yes, wasn't there a little lad who triggered a search on the family house because in his school books he wrote that he "lived in a terrorist house" .....he had misspelt Terrace!

27 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Here is a clear reason to ban the burqa 

is it a man or woman under the dress , from what I can see she has very large hands , maybe I am reading it wrong 

what does the Letters stand for ? 

If the person in that photo is a woman I can see why she has chosen to cover herself up with a burqa; and I am a small green alien from planet zog.

35 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

We have been trying to stabilise the Middle East for years , they have been fighting amongst themselves for hundreds of years it's never going to change

what would you do , what do they want , what would you give them , they have built mosques , they have freedom of speech , access to world class health access to welfare payments the list is endless 

not all but a lot don't want to intergrate and become a part of the wider community they have chosen to live in 

They certainly have more freedom living in a western country than anything they have left behind , they build their own enclaves in communities 

I certainly don't have the answers and am totally deflated as to why you can target and kill children , you will never reason with people who are prepared to do this 

I'm not talking about inviting them around for a BBQ. Although you could. But it's important for police, education social services to make inroads. Change laws to make it easier, compulsory. Encourage education. Little steps, and I know there is much resistance from their side. But if we want things to improve it needs to be done. Media could help too. You can't deport them all. You can't jail them all. There really is no alternative but to engage if you want things to improve.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bound4Tassie said:

Yes, wasn't there a little lad who triggered a search on the family house because in his school books he wrote that he "lived in a terrorist house" .....he had misspelt Terrace!

Raiding is silly without evidence. They get much more by observing. I guess it must have been at a sensitive time.

48 minutes ago, newjez said:

The man's watch?

2  men's watches to be correct along with bloody huge rings and the burqa?...............I've never seen a burqa yet that has the top of the head in one colour and the face veil a different colour. The burqa, to the best of my knowledge, (I could be mistaken), is normally a "one piece" where the face veil and head covering are one. It looks very much like a photoshop job with the intention of creating controversy

2 hours ago, Rallyman said:

And what's with the sunglasses - to cover eyebrows?  No one else is wearing them so it looks particularly odd..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

We have been trying to stabilise the Middle East for years ,

Correction:  We have been interfering in the Middle East for years - at least back to 1916 when the British and French drew up a plan to divide up the area to further their own strategic and economic interests.  This arrogant colonialist meddling only exacerbated complex problems in the area.  We should have kept right out of it - then and ever since.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Some people here watch The Project obviously and have picked up on Walled Ali's justifications for terrorism.

It is really sickening that people make excuses for these child murderers.

That is a joke of a post.  He DID NOT justify terrorism.  ONLY YOU think that people on this thread are making excuses for these murderers.

It's like you're going out of your way to make people more afraid, and to sow more division where there is none. 

I'm done with this rubbish. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Skani said:

Correction:  We have been interfering in the Middle East for years - at least back to 1916 when the British and French drew up a plan to divide up the area to further their own strategic and economic interests.  This arrogant colonialist meddling only exacerbated complex problems in the area.  We should have kept right out of it - then and ever since.

I suppose these other empires had nothing to do with it then?

empires.jpg

empire2.jpg

empire3.png

empire1.gif

• Like 1