Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

1 minute ago, Sandgroper said:

WOW you are so far off the mark the sentiment was completely different. The only similarity was they both attempted to use terrorism and fear as a means to achieve there individual aims which are poles apart.

The sentiment with regards to solutions and emotions at the time was not so different as noted on here. Perhaps the lack of social media prevented some strong reactions, but hatred towards the Irish goes further back than for Muslims I would say, by pure nature they (Irish) have been visible longer and seen by some as trouble. Saying that more likely the hatred towards Muslims is far more intense..........

1 hour ago, newjez said:

We negotiated with northern Ireland, with the Russians, north Korean, Japan. All these people held extreme views and we're fanatic.

Negotiated with Russia ? Don't recall them using suicide bombers to kill children maybe I have missed something 

Thought japan surrendered after the dropping of the two atomic bombs as they refused to even thorough they were warned what would happen 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newjez said:

I'm not talking about inviting them around for a BBQ. Although you could. But it's important for police, education social services to make inroads. Change laws to make it easier, compulsory. Encourage education. Little steps, and I know there is much resistance from their side. But if we want things to improve it needs to be done. Media could help too. You can't deport them all. You can't jail them all. There really is no alternative but to engage if you want things to improve.

We are bending over backwards for these people. I was at an End of DLP (defects liability period) inspection on Monday and I met the Client and Builder at the community center which was part of the build.  The burqa clad women started arriving about 9;30 to drop their kids off at the free creche and I thought they would then go to  work but by 10am there was about 20 burqas just milling around and they where still there at 1;30pm when i was done.  There was English lessons advertised and all sorts of activities for them to do whilst the rest of us work. There are 100s of centers like this all over London, they get whatever they ask for.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Johndoe said:

2  men's watches to be correct along with bloody huge rings and the burqa?...............I've never seen a burqa yet that has the top of the head in one colour and the face veil a different colour. The burqa, to the best of my knowledge, (I could be mistaken), is normally a "one piece" where the face veil and head covering are one. It looks very much like a photoshop job with the intention of creating controversy

i saw it on C4 news not  photoshop

5 hours ago, Skani said:

Correction:  We have been interfering in the Middle East for years - at least back to 1916 when the British and French drew up a plan to divide up the area to further their own strategic and economic interests.  This arrogant colonialist meddling only exacerbated complex problems in the area.  We should have kept right out of it - then and ever since.

Those kids had never once "interfered in the Middle East" its likely their parents, even grandparents never did either

4 hours ago, Sunset said:

You are correct @Johndoe it is from that very well known hot bed of fakery 4chan - the T Shirts logo is from an isis board it means L IS A HANDGUN
O IS A GRENADE
V IS A FLICK KNIFE
E IS AN AK.
Link if you dont want to believe me http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/126939206

That bastion of british news worth Katie hopkins picked it out four hours later and used it in her twatty i mean twitter feed.

proves nothing 

3 hours ago, Pura Vida said:

Just shows don't believe what you see. Question everything and remain sceptical . I thought it odd, but accepted at face value, without giving it due thought. Wrong. Should really have known better.

Its like people so badly want it to be fake because it doesn't fit their vision of peace loving westernised upwardly mobile young muslim women that you are spoon feed and swallow like baby starlings.  I work all over London and have bases in East london, I see this with my own eyes whereas you devour carefully selected choice cuts.

Just now, simmo said:

Its like people so badly want it to be fake because it doesn't fit their vision of peace loving westernised upwardly mobile young muslim women that you are spoon feed and swallow like baby starlings.  I work all over London and have bases in East london, I see this with my own eyes whereas you devour carefully selected choice cuts.

I think we just witnessed 'fake' news don't you? The hate mongers will go to no ends. Very pleased the people of Manchester demanded the trouble making scum, hoping to take advantage of their streets.  Way to go. Way forward is together.

3 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

I think we just witnessed 'fake' news don't you? The hate mongers will go to no ends. Very pleased the people of Manchester demanded the trouble making scum, hoping to take advantage of their streets.  Way to go. Way forward is together.

"hate mongers"?

18 minutes ago, simmo said:

Those kids had never once "interfered in the Middle East" its likely their parents, even grandparents never did either

No ones kids did. Nor the young soldiers that perished for what? It is always the ordinary people that suffer. Never the instigators.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Tut tut not all muslims are terrorists haven't you had that drilled into you often enough......but all Islamic terrorists do come from within the muslim community though lose lose situation really.  

Looking at Northern Ireland from the outside, I could never understand why they didn't just round all the Catholics up, put them in buses, or in jail if they were born there, and ship them south of the border. It would have solved all of the troubles. You would have had no more violence.

3 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

WOW you are so far off the mark the sentiment was completely different. The only similarity was they both attempted to use terrorism and fear as a means to achieve there individual aims which are poles apart.

You had two people's in conflict. The British army got involved to try and resolve the situation, and the UK mainland got attacked as a result. Where is the difference?

3 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Negotiated with Russia ? Don't recall them using suicide bombers to kill children maybe I have missed something 

Thought japan surrendered after the dropping of the two atomic bombs as they refused to even thorough they were warned what would happen 

The Japanese could have conducted a terror campaign. They didn't. Why? Do you really have no idea of how many people, children included, the Russians slaughtered? They made the Germans look like rank ameuteurs. But we negotiated with them.

17 minutes ago, simmo said:

here she is again in her fake 4chan t-shirt

Thanks for that, worth listening to. I gather she wore it hoping the message on the shirt was to form love out of the weapons. But I agree, it was a bad choice, and the message comes out differently to me. She should have worn a different shirt under the circumstances.

5 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

In both cases you are talking about groups of people where the majority are as sickened by the violence as the rest . Most Irish and Muslims are decent human beings.  They may have different political and/or religious beliefs to me but that's their right. It's the small group of fanatics that cause the problems. 

Edited by ScottieGirl
  • Like 1