Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

1 hour ago, Pura Vida said:

Just as I'm equally sure a few others are fed up with reading the same ignorant bile from numerous sources not only yours. But as you ask, views clearly stated and just what do you and your 'tribe' propose to do to' better' the situation. You say you are aware not all Muslims are terrorists, how noble it must be to be so enlightened. It certainly doesn't necessary come out in your  posts that show Islam phobic tendencies but perhaps you can find some fairness.

I don't harp on about the extreme Right. They are a major threat on many fronts. I have given examples and you may care to seek out US reports of where they find the serious long term threats.  Not forgetting to look whom they voted for President.

Ah true colours showing now 'bile' 'tribe' your an apologist weak minded and your 'tribe' will never reach a resolution because you aren't strong enough to confront and address issues. 

7 hours ago, Toots said:

I did like your post but if one of my children had been killed in Manchester I would really find it very hard to remain true to my values.  Quite simply it's murder and it could have been prevented if the murderer had been pulled in and interrogated beforehand.  Apparently he had been flagged as a tad on the suspect side.  No use hanging around until mass murder has been committed.

I think most parents are fiercely protective of their children, and the families’ pain that we are currently witnessing through the TV and wider social media is totally heartbreaking. But I worry about some of the rhetoric I hear and read because I don’t see the Muslim girl on the checkout any differently as a result of the murders in Manchester, and I don’t want Muslim men rounded up and incarcerated indefinitely if the only evidence to support that action is the appearance of their name on a list somewhere. The values of our society have not changed because murderers live among us, but those values are in danger of changing when sweeping assumptions are made about who is our enemy. 

Ultimately terrorists and murderers feed off fear, which is why they seek to create it. The rest of us are stronger when we stand together and are united by a common sense of decency, respect, fairness and equity before the law. And none of those values are exclusive to non Islamic citizens. T x

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, tea4too said:

I think most parents are fiercely protective of their children, and the families’ pain that we are currently witnessing through the TV and wider social media is totally heartbreaking. But I worry about some of the rhetoric I hear and read because I don’t see the Muslim girl on the checkout any differently as a result of the murders in Manchester, and I don’t want Muslim men rounded up and incarcerated indefinitely if the only evidence to support that action is the appearance of their name on a list somewhere

From the reports I am reading he was more than just a name on a list , apparently he no longer lives in the UK and arrived back in the country recently.  I see 3 more arrests have been made. It looks to me as if the cell was known to the security forces. 

I agree with your sentiments around treating everyone equally irrespective of ethnic origin but when it comes to civil liberty where does one draw the line for for people where the authorities suspicions are legitimate?  Look at the guy who committed the Dunblane massacre who was white and presumably not Muslim.  Numerous complaints were filed against him prior to the attack but nothing was done. Isn't it  a bit too late to wait until they are shown to be guilty?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sunset said:

It only failed because we let it fail, so be it we are the terrorists only we do it by killing the bad guy only or locking them up forever THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE mate.

It's not a solution if it encourages more people to blow things up.

10 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

iam sorry when you are dealing with Islamic fundamentalism there are no peaceful solutions .

we wont b sat around having tea and biscuits ,with a handshake to conclude proceedings

Trump seems to be getting on pretty well with them!!

12 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

This will never go away, there will never be any co operation, the divide is permanent, it a cultural divide here to stay. The root of all this terrorism (the Islamic faith) is not compatible with Western society. The Islamification of certain countries in Western Europe will continue over the next few decades and the problems will just get worse. 

A lot of people thought that about northern Ireland.

12 hours ago, Sunset said:

So how as the world changed so much that now we hear of this crap on a weekly basis somewhere in the world, when I was a youngster all we heard of was the IRA stuff going on and some bits out east in some sand land maybe. Being soft does nothing but fuel the bastards intentions, I hate to say this but we did this with Hitler look what happened. Lock em up get answers if not willing to comply then rot in a cell no privileges no telly or fags and snooker days, hard time do it Russian style.

At the minute the only message terrorists are getting is keep going you are slowly winning, because sadly lives are being taken by these bastards.

We invaded Iraq. Look at the rate and target of Islamic terrorists before Kuwait.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sunset said:

And the shitty labor one that lied and got the world into this shit, don't talk politics it's a silly argument. The issue is what to do now, time for rubbish talk as long gone it aint worked up to now.

They are both to blame. Labour and Tory for starting the wars and Tory for cutting police, border control and defense. I've said all along that we should scrap the 100 million we are wasting on trident and spend it where it's needed, police, anti terror, special forces, cyber intelligence and defense and border control.

13 hours ago, simmo said:

I admit that when these atrocities occur I get an inkling of hope that this could be the the turning point and the problem will be addressed at least.   

What do you think the solution is? And it has to be a practical solution.

12 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

And you think what? Nothing has been going on in the meantime? That they have suddenly woke up and thought 'you know what we've not hit the UK for a while lets go blow up a few infidels' ??

No, I think the police have been stopping them. One slipped through sadly.

12 hours ago, Pura Vida said:

For starters dropping names like Islamic Fundamentalist, unless proven. Why grandiose these people with a title? There's a chance they are jumping on a bandwagon in order to give some meaning to their very ordinary life. Probably the only thing I have found to agree with Trump was his term 'losers' instead of terrorists. (though in his case it may have been due to his location in Arab lands?) I wonder how a twenty two year old, born in Manchester can be a terrorist? I don't know his personal situation, of course. Perhaps he has returned from abroad. Just thinking aloud. Calling them terrorists instead of murderers some how seems to glorify them to an extent perhaps?

It puts a uniform on them.

12 hours ago, amibovered said:

and so it continues, little children blown to pieces, kids with limbs missing, apparently it's price worth paying not to offend someone. 

Oh if only you could simply stop it all by offending people. If only.

10 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

I have no prejudices to drop, I speak about things as I see them, fact this bomb was an attempt by an Islamic fundamentalist to strike fear in those that do not align with there contorted views. 

You harp on about the extreme right? What extreme right a few EDL idiots who that try and jump on the band wagon after an event like this. Your an apologist scared to admit that this terrorism has it's roots in the Islamic faith. I know all Muslims are not terrorists I'm fed up of hearing it repeated but this stems from within there community the community that will never integrate fully in a Western society.......................keep dreaming if you think they will because you are wrong. 

But what will you do about it? Deport them all?

2 hours ago, simmo said:

spot on

Using the same logic, anyone who has committed a violent crime have shown they are capable of commiting violence, and thus should not be released from prison. I don't actually have a problem with this, but, you will need to spend a lot more money on prisons. I assume at least some of that money will come from health? So, how many children will now die from the reduction in health services? 

37 minutes ago, simmo said:

So, you want a Protestant version of Islam? Don't we have enough Islam on Islam violence already? You really want to push this further? Build it up into a new IRA type situation? How are you even going to do this? Start going into mosques and replacing their version of the quoran?

32 minutes ago, amibovered said:

Why don't you stop making excuses for mass child killers, sickening.

Do you not know the difference between an excuse and reason you Muppet? How dare you. Look at the acts of terrorism before Kuwait, and look at the acts after Kuwait. We started something. Now we need to finish it. Everything we have tried so far has escalated the violence. You want to introduce a stop and jail in the UK? The violence will go ballistic. Look at the cause of the problem if you want a resolution. If you want to stop the child killing, then think. How hard do you think it would be for them to do a school? They have done it before. They will do it. Again. We need to think very carefully before we make a bad situation much worse.