Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

7 minutes ago, newjez said:

Guantanamo bay became a rallying point. The solution becomes the problem and we become the terrorist.

We need a better solution.

It only failed because we let it fail, so be it we are the terrorists only we do it by killing the bad guy only or locking them up forever THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE mate.

Just now, simmo said:

So we don't mention islam or critique the koran in fear that this "population" will become less "passive" and "non co operative"?

What we don't need to do is stick the knife in every second and trawl the threads looking for anti Muslim pieces with close on every post. Yet completely ignore the extreme Right which are savouring each attack in order to further their very nasty agenda. Feel free to critique the Koran (if you know what you are writing about) As in The Old Testament , parts certainly can be called to account. But to blame Islam and Muslims with nearly every breath becomes very one sided and not a little tedious.

Now if you had anything constructive to add with finding a solution would be more than glad to read.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

This will never go away, there will never be any co operation, the divide is permanent, it a cultural divide here to stay. The root of all this terrorism (the Islamic faith) is not compatible with Western society. The Islamification of certain countries in Western Europe will continue over the next few decades and the problems will just get worse. 

in a nutshell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunset said:

It only failed because we let it fail, so be it we are the terrorists only we do it by killing the bad guy only or locking them up forever THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE mate.

it failed because it was a useless knee jerk reaction by a wanting politician.

1 hour ago, simmo said:

I would like to think so but history tells me that the platitudes last for approximately 1week then it will be forgotten and to mention it will be deemed as inciting division.

Simmo, you are starting to sound like you were waiting for such an event as it fits your agenda.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

it failed because it was a useless knee jerk reaction by a wanting politician.

No and yes in that order.

We you mean Britain right?

Christianity and Islam ...thats what all of this is about

the crusades

Iraq

Afghanistan

its about power and control .

it just so happens that the oil , the money ,and therefore the power and control are in the middle eaat

that's what all of this is about .

Isis are trying to bring on ww3 ,a world in chaos will bring forth the Mahdi ,and victory

we have a world in chaos

1 hour ago, Toots said:

The sooner they find that approach the better - if there is one.  Nothing much seems to have changed since the 2005 London bombings when over 50 people were killed by 4 Islamist extremists.

Long time between 2005 and 2017. Ask yourself why?

22 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

It would be nice to see Islamists speaking out more against such atrocities.  I remember in the seventies a group of Irish mothers from both sides campaigning  for peace.

They do just not emphasised enough in the media. Could they do more? Yes of course all sides could them included. Yes Irish mothers did a grand job. You will also remember numbers of semi literate Irish workers being framed and locked up for many years for bombings they did not commit.

• Like 1

Just now, bunbury61 said:

the crusades

Iraq

Afghanistan

it just so happens that the oil , the money ,and therefore the power and control are in the middle eaat

Isis are trying to bring on ww3 ,a world in chaos will bring forth the Mahdi ,and victory

we have a world in chaos

Yeah i get the history side of it thanks.

Just now, bunbury61 said:

the crusades

Iraq

Afghanistan

we have a world in chaos

i meant christianity and islam have been fighting each other for over

a 1000 years.

Manchester is just another chapter ...very sadly

1 minute ago, newjez said:

A long time. I was thinking that. The bloke that committed this atrocity would have been ten years old back in 2005. A lot of thought needed about the whole matter. We do not want a yet to be born person doing likewise or worse in twenty years time, not to say the time in between.

3 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

i meant christianity and islam have been fighting each other for over

a 1000 years.

Manchester is just another chapter ...very sadly

So more recent involvement by the West in invading and altering the status quo plays no part in the present? This is ever on going over 1000 years? One view I suppose.

Just now, newjez said:

Simmo, you are starting to sound like you were waiting for such an event as it fits your agenda.

I admit that when these atrocities occur I get an inkling of hope that this could be the the turning point and the problem will be addressed at least.   

6 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

well dont ask stupid questions then

Hows it stupid, nearly all of histories conflicts wars have involved the brits in some form or another. And maybe next time you could write it clearer too.

1 minute ago, Pura Vida said:

So plucking a few unfortunates out of the desert and locking them up on a base in Cuba, for propaganda purposes was in your opinion a good idea? Were any actually terrorists? Or combatants?

The idea in principle works, get the scum of the streets the known wannabes and lock them up bread and water no rights and rot away slowly.

Just now, simmo said:

I admit that when these atrocities occur I get an inkling of hope that this could be the the turning point and the problem will be addressed at least.   

I know full well you do. You feed it for all it is worth. Reason why your side of politics is so dangerous. The solution as you see it will result in ever less freedom, controls of everyone/thing, complete conformity and obedience . A white black world. You know in freedom there are inherent risks.   

The idea in principle works, get the scum of the streets the known wannabes and lock them up bread and water no rights and rot away slowly.

A complete and utter failure aimed at convincing some average Joe's that something was being done. As you may recall, the Brit's got their nationals released with due pressure on the Americans. AS for locking up political prisoners it hardly worked a treat in the Irish case. Do you really think locking up what may be many hundreds if not thousands of Muslims over time will do anything but create very volatile prisons probably beyond managing and ever more martyrs? The only way forward is all on board.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, newjez said:

And you think what? Nothing has been going on in the meantime? That they have suddenly woke up and thought 'you know what we've not hit the UK for a while lets go blow up a few infidels' ??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

I know full well you do. You feed it for all it is worth. Reason why your side of politics is so dangerous. The solution as you see it will result in ever less freedom, controls of everyone/thing, complete conformity and obedience . A white black world. You know in freedom there are inherent risks.   

I think you are over egging it a bit but if my solution (taking a long hard look at islam and the koran) means less freedom then so be it.  

2 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

A complete and utter failure aimed at convincing some average Joe's that something was being done. As you may recall, the Brit's got their nationals released with due pressure on the Americans. AS for locking up political prisoners it hardly worked a treat in the Irish case. Do you really think locking up what may be many hundreds if not thousands of Muslims over time will do anything but create very volatile prisons probably beyond managing and ever more martyrs? The only way forward is all on board.

Let them roam the streets then let them congregate let them plan let them kill, but in your back garden mate. Me i am for hanging the bastards let alone prison time. The righteous answer is usually the wrong one eventually, sunset 2017 - not some buddhist doherty.

4 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

And you think what? Nothing has been going on in the meantime? That they have suddenly woke up and thought 'you know what we've not hit the UK for a while lets go blow up a few infidels' ??

Exactly.  The islamists are planning to kill infidels on a daily basis, its only the security forces that are to thank for there not being many more like Manchester.

• Like 2