Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

1 hour ago, Johndoe said:

2  men's watches to be correct along with bloody huge rings and the burqa?...............I've never seen a burqa yet that has the top of the head in one colour and the face veil a different colour. The burqa, to the best of my knowledge, (I could be mistaken), is normally a "one piece" where the face veil and head covering are one. It looks very much like a photoshop job with the intention of creating controversy

You are correct @Johndoe it is from that very well known hot bed of fakery 4chan - the T Shirts logo is from an isis board it means L IS A HANDGUN
O IS A GRENADE
V IS A FLICK KNIFE
E IS AN AK.
Link if you dont want to believe me http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/126939206

That bastion of british news worth Katie hopkins picked it out four hours later and used it in her twatty i mean twitter feed.

Edited by Sunset

10 minutes ago, Keith and Linda said:

I suppose these other empires had nothing to do with it then?

No - the subject is "we"....modern British, western European and US meddling -  which, as I pointed out, only exacerbated existing complex problems in the area.   

But that is the nature of colonialist powers - to do whatever is in their own interests  and to hell with collateral damage for their subject populations.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rallyman said:

We have been trying to stabilise the Middle East for years , they have been fighting amongst themselves for hundreds of years it's never going to change

what would you do , what do they want , what would you give them , they have built mosques , they have freedom of speech , access to world class health access to welfare payments the list is endless 

not all but a lot don't want to intergrate and become a part of the wider community they have chosen to live in 

They certainly have more freedom living in a western country than anything they have left behind , they build their own enclaves in communities 

I certainly don't have the answers and am totally deflated as to why you can target and kill children , you will never reason with people who are prepared to do this 

What business is it of outsiders to attempt to 'stabilise' the Middle East? Why does the West support the principle regime backing terror in Saudi Arabia? Do you ask the same questions with regards to non Muslim groups that planted bombs in British cities a few decades back? Some were 'sleeper cells' that had lived in UK for a long time. Failed integration or something else? There are certainly serious issues at stake here  more questions than answers. Solutions appear to be short on the ground.

1 hour ago, Skani said:

Correction:  We have been interfering in the Middle East for years - at least back to 1916 when the British and French drew up a plan to divide up the area to further their own strategic and economic interests.  This arrogant colonialist meddling only exacerbated complex problems in the area.  We should have kept right out of it - then and ever since.

Correction you can go back to the crusades , 

you only quote part of the statement ,the in fighting between diffrent factions has not helped and continues to destabilise the region , Mr Bush and Blair have a lot to answer for 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Some people here watch The Project obviously and have picked up on Walled Ali's justifications for terrorism.

It is really sickening that people make excuses for these child murderers.

Care to spell his name correctly and then post a link? Thought not.

2 hours ago, Johndoe said:

2  men's watches to be correct along with bloody huge rings and the burqa?...............I've never seen a burqa yet that has the top of the head in one colour and the face veil a different colour. The burqa, to the best of my knowledge, (I could be mistaken), is normally a "one piece" where the face veil and head covering are one. It looks very much like a photoshop job with the intention of creating controversy

I did think that, but I thought simmo must have taken it from the telly?

4 hours ago, simmo said:

If it was down to me yes I would. If any other religions carried out similar crimes believing it is their calling I would ban their books too

Thankfully clearer and fairer heads prevail and no signs of a fascist dictatorship around the corner just yet. Really when has banning something ever really worked? Some of the simplistic solutions sought on this forum are mind boggling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

I did think that, but I thought simmo must have taken it from the telly?

Just shows don't believe what you see. Question everything and remain sceptical . I thought it odd, but accepted at face value, without giving it due thought. Wrong. Should really have known better.

22 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

What business is it of outsiders to attempt to 'stabilise' the Middle East? Why does the West support the principle regime backing terror in Saudi Arabia? Do you ask the same questions with regards to non Muslim groups that planted bombs in British cities a few decades back? Some were 'sleeper cells' that had lived in UK for a long time. Failed integration or something else? There are certainly serious issues at stake here  more questions than answers. Solutions appear to be short on the ground.

What are you on about I am talking about the people that move to western countries

yes I treat all people who plant bombs that kill innocent people the same , don't you or you can justify their cause ? 

You are always looking to support the perpetrator as a victim have you actually condemned this action as I have not read every post ? As I said what is it that these people want and what would you do ,you fail to understand that you can not negotiate with these people like what happened in Northen Ireland under the good Friday agreement , it's certainly not perfect there but it's a lot better than in the 70's and 80's 

3 hours ago, newjez said:

I'm not talking about inviting them around for a BBQ. Although you could. But it's important for police, education social services to make inroads. Change laws to make it easier, compulsory. Encourage education. Little steps, and I know there is much resistance from their side. But if we want things to improve it needs to be done. Media could help too. You can't deport them all. You can't jail them all. There really is no alternative but to engage if you want things to improve.

Agree with what you are saying , but do they even want to engage with us ? 

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Some people here watch The Project obviously and have picked up on Walled Ali's justifications for terrorism.

It is really sickening that people make excuses for these child murderers.

Why do you always pick on that guy? One of the better ABC presenters. Always fair and talks common sense. Something hardly ' common' with a lot of these threads. Even allowing for an understandable emotional response to events. 

7 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

What are you on about I am talking about the people that move to western countries

yes I treat all people who plant bombs that kill innocent people the same , don't you or you can justify their cause ? 

You are always looking to support the perpetrator as a victim have you actually condemned this action as I have not read every post ? As I said what is it that these people want and what would you do ,you fail to understand that you can not negotiate with these people like what happened in Northen Ireland under the good Friday agreement , it's certainly not perfect there but it's a lot better than in the 70's and 80's 

We negotiated with northern Ireland, with the Russians, north Korean, Japan. All these people held extreme views and we're fanatic.

5 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

Why do you always pick on that guy? One of the better ABC presenters. Always fair and talks common sense. Something hardly ' common' with a lot of these threads. Even allowing for an understandable emotional response to events. 

Because he is Muslim.

• Like 1

Just now, newjez said:

Because he is Muslim.

Obviously the veiled hatred can be barely suppressed with many. With ill feeling towards though Muslims expressing their sense of reality , often good will, only to get shot down at every turn, I'm really not sure of a way forward.

4 minutes ago, newjez said:

I think it will be those from Somalia that are the hardest to break. But start with the easy ones.

Like the massive majority. Without the overwhelming masses on board the battle will never be won. The more the hatred festers the worse it will get.

5 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

Obviously the veiled hatred can be barely suppressed with many. With ill feeling towards though Muslims expressing their sense of reality , often good will, only to get shot down at every turn, I'm really not sure of a way forward.

A good start would be not to kill innocent children , things have to come from both sides in order to move forward 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, newjez said:

All Muslims obviously. Let's have a Muslim free country. 

Tut tut not all muslims are terrorists haven't you had that drilled into you often enough......but all Islamic terrorists do come from within the muslim community though lose lose situation really.  

41 minutes ago, Pura Vida said:

The sentiment at the time was not entirely different. Of course they are not the same but they can be compared.

WOW you are so far off the mark the sentiment was completely different. The only similarity was they both attempted to use terrorism and fear as a means to achieve there individual aims which are poles apart.

• Like 1