Nominations and visa applied 29 jun 2018
nomination approved 21 May 2019 
56 doc request for visa spouse english and daughter health check 28 may submited 3rd jun application status is further assessment.

My nomination approved 23/5/19... Afp and health check asked....submitted 4/6/19....still further assessment....called so many times...but no satisfying answer....applied in May 2017 [emoji17][emoji17][emoji19][emoji19]
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dhakalbinod said:

After submitted additional documents how many days take to finalised the 186 application its 5 weeks i ve submitted additional documents nothing heard after then. 186 visa and nominations lodged 29 jun 2018.

My same team 12. Pay vac2 at 24th May. I believe yours will come soon. 

14 hours ago, Dhakalbinod said:

After submitted additional documents how many days take to finalised the 186 application its 5 weeks i ve submitted additional documents nothing heard after then. 186 visa and nominations lodged 29 jun 2018.

My same team 12. Pay vac2 at 24th May. I believe yours will come soon. 

Hello friends,

I have a question if any 1 can answer pls.

Got my 186 last october. Still working with my emplpyer. Tried to shape up as per their needs. But now very difficult to manage both family and professional life as doing more hours.

How about leaving my emplpyer on 186?

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

Hello friends,

I have a question if any 1 can answer pls.

Got my 186 last october. Still working with my emplpyer. Tried to shape up as per their needs. But now very difficult to manage both family and professional life as doing more hours.

How about leaving my emplpyer on 186?

Thanks.

Your 186 visa does not have any condition that states you must remain working with your employer.  It needed to be your intention when you applied and when the visa was processing, but after the visa is granted you can leave your employer.

HI Guys;

I got my nomination granted 3rd June still waiting for the golden email, my question is that I have to go overseas end of July, I am on bridging A , My MA told me she will get me a visa to go and come back to Australia, is there any risk if I didn't get my PR while I am away, I will not be able to come back ?

50 minutes ago, hussft said:

HI Guys;

I got my nomination granted 3rd June still waiting for the golden email, my question is that I have to go overseas end of July, I am on bridging A , My MA told me she will get me a visa to go and come back to Australia, is there any risk if I didn't get my PR while I am away, I will not be able to come back ?

Yes, you need to apply for the bridge visa B which is $155 only and you will be able to come back to Australia without any stress....

9 minutes ago, tuti said:

Yes, you need to apply for the bridge visa B which is $155 only and you will be able to come back to Australia without any stress....

Are you sure about this?? I would think you lose your bridging visa as soon is a decision (grant or refusal) is made??? Better ask an MA to be sure 

53 minutes ago, Muppett said:

Are you sure about this?? I would think you lose your bridging visa as soon is a decision (grant or refusal) is made??? Better ask an MA to be sure 

I think its a grey area what happens to your bridging visa if decision was made when you outside the country. I would advise you consult with two separate migration agents to get correct info. Logically, the visa should not be revoked immediately since you have time to appeal a decision, but as mentioned MA will be to advise.

22 hours ago, Marina91 said:

We just received the golden email! 

Our status changed from received straight to finilised.

We applied Aug 18 - trt 186

We had our nomination approved 29 of May.

We received the grant today 4th July.

No additional information requested.

All the best to all of you!🍾🍾

Congrats I am sure you over the moon....enjoy the moment it was worth the wait.

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

23 hours ago, pravincv said:

Hi All,

Question on english requirements again. i thought 186 DE needed primary applicant to have Competent english.however in the visa application form, i see for the primary applicant a need for only functional english. Any idea what is the actual one? The form contradicts the info on the immiaffairs page.

Does the applicant have at least functional English language ability?

Does the applicant have at least functional English language ability?
YesNo

answering my own question. i checked with DHA. Competent English is the requirement and the online form that mentions Functional is incorrect

Question 

on the website it say that processing time is 10 to 13 months for approval

but I suppose that one mean approval of both nomination and visa 

instead does anyone know how long after your application they approve your nomination?

there is a processing time for that?

we applied almost 5 months ago both nomination and visa and we sent already police check and medical and we didn’t receive any news yet

no even an email or extra request

thanks 

Edited by Sere

24 minutes ago, Sere said:

Question 

on the website it say that processing time is 10 to 13 months for approval

but I suppose that one mean approval of both nomination and visa 

instead does anyone know how long after your application they approve your nomination?

there is a processing time for that?

we applied almost 5 months ago both nomination and visa and we sent already police check and medical and we didn’t receive any news yet

no even an email or extra request

thanks 

Has you nomination been approved?  In any instance, 5 months is well within the processing times.  A lot of people are waiting much longer.

2 minutes ago, BB88 said:

Has you nomination been approved?  In any instance, 5 months is well within the processing times.  A lot of people are waiting much longer.

No nothing yet

yep I know that we are still within the processing time but I can see that some people after the application received email about request of more informations

instead we already sent to them everything without waiting for them to request it 

i was hoping there is a kind of precessing time for each part of the visa

this waiting is killing us 

No email no request or more info 

and the application still show received 😭😭

2 minutes ago, Sere said:

No nothing yet

yep I know that we are still within the processing time but I can see that some people after the application received email about request of more informations

instead we already sent to them everything without waiting for them to request it 

i was hoping there is a kind of precessing time for each part of the visa

this waiting is killing us 

No email no request or more info 

and the application still show received 😭😭

We submitted a decision ready application for both the nomination and my application and we didn't hear anything for close to 11 months.  Some cases are picked up quicker, some take longer.  Nobody has a definitive formula as to why.  Just enjoy the ride and try and not worry too much.

Comparing your case to others is probably the worst thing you can do 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ayudante said:

Think of it from this perspective. The employer went through the process to sponsor you and now you no longer interested in the job. So if they want someone they might have to go through the process of sponsoring again for the same role. It is best to try and speak to your employer for more flexible working arrangements, if you just stop working. The employer has the right within the first 2 years to contact Immi and notify that you have left, which will bring to question your genuineness in the first place.

When you applied the employer had to guarantee that you will have a job and that they will pay you for the next 2 years. As long as they are still in business you might have to be patient until you have done your time. 

This is not black and white! The main key aspect is you could lose your Visa if you too this employment with sole purpose of gaining a Visa. If immigration can prove in any way that this is the case, they can revert your approval. If you're circumstances in your role, with your employer have changed then Toure not bound in that role for 2 years following Visa grant. This is what I've been advised by my MA 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2019 at 16:45, Hex said:

@Roni S It's just a code for a request of additional document. 

Basically, the department have viewed your application and are needing additional documents (could be expired medicals / document, or could be missing / required documents). 

Hi Hex ,

Do they ask only once s56 ? They may ask again and again

Thanks

1 hour ago, Selim said:

Hi Hex ,

Do they ask only once s56 ? They may ask again and again

Thanks

@Selim

This is entirely up to the CO that opens your case. The best part is that, if a new CO opens the follow up request, they might also need something (that the first CO missed).

So, to answer your question, the options are:
- You don't get asked for anything.
- You get asked for one s56, complete it, return it --> the CO has everything they need and move on.
- You get asked for an s56 and miss out information, or theres more needed, you'll get asked for more (I personally was asked for 2). 
They will ask for as many s56 as required. However, with the new law that had / has come in (not sure on when), it's up to the CO to decide if they want to ask for a s56 or simple reject the application. This is a move which they  hoping will reduce the wait list. Basically, reject incomplete applications from the get-go. 

Hi Guys, 

Silent reader here! 

I have been monitoring this forum daily for some while and it appears that I seem to be the exception to the rule (although what exactly is the rule 🤔)  in regards to the fact that Immi requested further information regarding my visa application before my nomination has been approved. 

It seems to be very common that people's nomination are approved before their visa app is even looked at. 

As you can see from my timeline - my nomination and visa were both opened/assessed  a day a part. However I seem to have two case officers not one (lucky me) and two different teams looking at my whole file (although i am not too sure what the teams actually represent).

I was asked to provided further information for both nomination and visa which has been submitted however both are still pending- no final outcome for either at this stage.

Has anyone been in a similar situation as all i can see if anyone in the 'further assessment' stage, their nomination has already been approved?

I am remaining positive that they didn't make me spend more $$$ on additional info for my visa just to reject my nomination haha and that it means I will get a Yes or No answer rather than getting one approved and then having to wait for the other.

I am just curious really. 

Cheers guys 😀

Hi charlie

I have the same situation with you. Co asked me to apply further documents  of nomination part and visa part as well on 8th June 2019.

My MA applied all the documents on 11th June, my account  status is further assessment, but my nomination haven't been approved.

Still waiting

HI guys, 

I have a quesiton. I work as a scientist. I have worked with the national research institute in Australia for the past 3 years. Now I have been offered an indefinite position and my work has filed for 186 TRT (grandfathering) PR nomination today. I have over 10 years of experience in the nominated occupation, I am 32 years old, and have recently done my PTE in which I surprisingly scored 90/90 (listening), 89/90 (reading), 90/90 (speaking), and 85 (writing). Had I submitted my application through DE, I would have 85-90 points. I am from a high risk country (India) although I have lived out of India for half my life.

My queston is: does profession, nominating business, and English exam score matter in expediting the application? 

Thanks for any suggestions!