@jackgu310 Wow finally someone else in the same boat. Honestly I thought I was the only one and started to get nervous. My nomination additional docs where submitted 28th May and assitonal visa docs 21st June - nothing since which is fine (killing me inside) however others have waited far longer so not going to sit here complaining. i was just interested to see if anyone else was in the same position as me. Please keep me posted on your outcome. 😀

@hongkoknger - only your employer/ migration agent will have access to this information so you will have to check them. 

Cheers guys 

Hi Charlie, 

We are applying same job position. 

If CO only ask addtional infroamtion regarding yourself (criminal check/ health exam) it means nomination has been finalzied. If Co still have conerned regarding your position or company, company need to prepare the document to support your nomination, in this case, norminlization and visa could be approved at same time. 

Hi Hongkoknger,

Yes, only company/ MA will receive confirmation regarding nomination. Please confirm with them.

Regards,

Carter

Hi @CarterW

Yes further information was requested for both nomination and visa. 

I was just curious to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me as its not the usual way of doing things.

Anyway everything has been submitted so will just have to wait and see.

Cheers

Edited by Charlie6002

9 minutes ago, Charlie6002 said:

@jackgu310 Wow finally someone else in the same boat. Honestly I thought I was the only one and started to get nervous. My nomination additional docs where submitted 28th May and additional visa docs 21st June - nothing since which is fine (killing me inside) however others have waited far longer so not going to sit here complaining. i was just interested to see if anyone else was in the same position as me. Please keep me posted on your outcome. 😀

@hongkoknger - only your employer/ migration agent will have access to this information so you will have to check them. 

Cheers guys 

Hi guys today I got nomination approval mail after almost 23 months.They asked new medical , AFP, evidence of relationship with partner submitted today 

Just wondering how many days it will take to finalise the visa?

Hi admin , how can I update this on spreadsheets?

Edited by Mick1983
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

6 hours ago, tuti said:

Yes, you need to apply for the bridge visa B which is $155 only and you will be able to come back to Australia without any stress....

Thanks for replying, but what if Immi refused my PR while I am outside the country, does the bridging B get cancelled or it will be still valid till I come back !!

1 hour ago, Charlie6002 said:

Hi @CarterW

Yes further information was requested for both nomination and visa. 

I was just curious to see if anyone else was in the same boat as me as its not the usual way of doing things.

Anyway everything has been submitted so will just have to wait and see.

Cheers

Hi,

We are in the same boat. Nom and Visa were picked up together on the 20th May. Further docs required for both at the same time and uploaded on the 30/5. Still further assessment and the wait is torture!!! Hoping that they both get looked at together and granted at the same time!! 

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

1 hour ago, Dianne12 said:

HI guys, 

I have a quesiton. I work as a scientist. I have worked with the national research institute in Australia for the past 3 years. Now I have been offered an indefinite position and my work has filed for 186 TRT (grandfathering) PR nomination today. I have over 10 years of experience in the nominated occupation, I am 32 years old, and have recently done my PTE in which I surprisingly scored 90/90 (listening), 89/90 (reading), 90/90 (speaking), and 85 (writing). Had I submitted my application through DE, I would have 85-90 points. I am from a high risk country (India) although I have lived out of India for half my life.

My queston is: does profession, nominating business, and English exam score matter in expediting the application? 

Thanks for any suggestions!

English score doesn't matter. This is not a points tested stream. You just need Competent English.

Profession and Nominating business - sure, but there is no ironclad guarantee. Established larger businesses nominating employees in highly in-demand professions do get processed faster IF all the documentation is upto scratch and submitted on time. Since the SAF levy began in August 2018, things have seemingly moved faster for many people who have been nominated since.

6 hours ago, Hex said:

@Selim

This is entirely up to the CO that opens your case. The best part is that, if a new CO opens the follow up request, they might also need something (that the first CO missed).

So, to answer your question, the options are:
- You don't get asked for anything.
- You get asked for one s56, complete it, return it --> the CO has everything they need and move on.
- You get asked for an s56 and miss out information, or theres more needed, you'll get asked for more (I personally was asked for 2). 
They will ask for as many s56 as required. However, with the new law that had / has come in (not sure on when), it's up to the CO to decide if they want to ask for a s56 or simple reject the application. This is a move which they  hoping will reduce the wait list. Basically, reject incomplete applications from the get-go. 

Hi Hex. I am looking for information regarding 186 TRT. I applied 186 TRT as retail buyer and my nomination has been approved. My two year payslips shows weekly wages $1050 before tax but doesn’t show weekly hours. I am working 38 hours per week. Do you think guys CO can ask for weekly hours? The company I work for they already mentioned in the reference letter that I am working 38 hours per week. Please advise me what should I do as my Mara agent says CO will not ask for hours on payslips. Thanks 

5 hours ago, hussft said:

Thanks for replying, but what if Immi refused my PR while I am outside the country, does the bridging B get cancelled or it will be still valid till I come back !!

If your visa application is refused while you are on a bridging visa type B, that means you cannot enter Australia again. Just keep in mind that a Bridging visa whether A or B comes in effect when your previous visa (457,etc) has expired. Therefore, they give you a bridging visa so you can stay lawfully while you await for an outcome on your 186 visa application. 

Look at the T&C's of the visa type.

Just now, Canada2Australia said:

My 186 DSE was granted in less than two months. I think they love us Canucks Down Under 😀

congratulations, what was your nominated occupation?also did you submit all required docs at once for both visa and nomination?

1 minute ago, pravincv said:

congratulations, what was your nominated occupation?also did you submit all required docs at once for both visa and nomination?

Environmental Research Scientist. I live in the armpit of Australia (Darwin). I'm thinking that due to the NT's economy being in the toilet and people leaving in droves,  they are desperate to keep people here so they will likely approve visas for immigrants as quick as they can to help keep the population up here afloat, at least for awhile until people get the chance to leave here. 

Either way,  the wait is over 😃

Hi Guys

Hello everyone 🙂

Just joined this forum as my ENS 186 visa (TRT) application has been lodged on 4th June 2019 and I wanted to know what would be possible timeframe that I can expect for final decision. I had a look at the tracker in the spreadsheet whose link comes in with the welcome message but found that it has very few entries. I was just wondering if I am looking at the right tracker - can the forum members help me with the link to the visa tracker spreadsheet please?

Also, from the posts in this forum I am getting a feeling that timeframe for final decision is extremely random and there is absolutely no way to tell if the decision is gonna take 2 months or 2 years! Bt still, I wanted to ask if someone has identified any pattern at all here - like if some occupations or nationalities or company sectors experience swift decision making and others do not? Being a newbie I'd love to hear thoughts of people around this one.

Thanks everyone and good luck to all those waiting for the decision.

Cheers!

55 minutes ago, Tapas said:

Hi Guys

Hello everyone 🙂

Just joined this forum as my ENS 186 visa (TRT) application has been lodged on 4th June 2019 and I wanted to know what would be possible timeframe that I can expect for final decision. I had a look at the tracker in the spreadsheet whose link comes in with the welcome message but found that it has very few entries. I was just wondering if I am looking at the right tracker - can the forum members help me with the link to the visa tracker spreadsheet please?

Also, from the posts in this forum I am getting a feeling that timeframe for final decision is extremely random and there is absolutely no way to tell if the decision is gonna take 2 months or 2 years! Bt still, I wanted to ask if someone has identified any pattern at all here - like if some occupations or nationalities or company sectors experience swift decision making and others do not? Being a newbie I'd love to hear thoughts of people around this one.

Thanks everyone and good luck to all those waiting for the decision.

Cheers!

"Extremely random" just about seems to cover it perfectly! Your understanding is about the same as everyone else. From what I've seen, there seem to be *some* but not all, long waits given to people in hospitality industries for reasons I don't understand at all. Other than that, there seems to be a policy where *some* applications seem to be plucked from the top of the pile in a matter of days/weeks/small number of months. 

From your perspective though I would just say make sure the application is as complete as it can be, and hope you're in the 'early' pile.

10 hours ago, Hex said:

@Selim

This is entirely up to the CO that opens your case. The best part is that, if a new CO opens the follow up request, they might also need something (that the first CO missed).

So, to answer your question, the options are:
- You don't get asked for anything.
- You get asked for one s56, complete it, return it --> the CO has everything they need and move on.
- You get asked for an s56 and miss out information, or theres more needed, you'll get asked for more (I personally was asked for 2). 
They will ask for as many s56 as required. However, with the new law that had / has come in (not sure on when), it's up to the CO to decide if they want to ask for a s56 or simple reject the application. This is a move which they  hoping will reduce the wait list. Basically, reject incomplete applications from the get-go. 

Thanks Mate @Hex..

12 hours ago, hussft said:

After refusing PR 21 days will be given to apply AAT and if anyone outside the country he/she will be allowed to get it but make sure get bridging visa for travel before leaving.

What a better way to wake up this morning and receive:

A GOLDEN EMAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Finally, we are PR.

Wishing you all the best in this process. Personal advice: Always stay positive and always be prepared with a plan B just in case, these two things help us a lot. 

• Congratulations 7

7 minutes ago, Alcar said:

What a better way to wake up this morning and receive:

A GOLDEN EMAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Finally, we are PR.

Wishing you all the best in this process. Personal advice: Always stay positive and always be prepared with a plan B just in case, these two things help us a lot. 

Congrats. Is the nomination approved this morning as well?

11 hours ago, davey5593 said:

"Extremely random" just about seems to cover it perfectly! Your understanding is about the same as everyone else. From what I've seen, there seem to be *some* but not all, long waits given to people in hospitality industries for reasons I don't understand at all. Other than that, there seems to be a policy where *some* applications seem to be plucked from the top of the pile in a matter of days/weeks/small number of months. 

From your perspective though I would just say make sure the application is as complete as it can be, and hope you're in the 'early' pile.

Thanks for the suggestion @davey5593 

I think my application is as complete as it can be in current situation. My company has filed my application through PwC's Immigration consulting arm and I have also submitted all documents - police checks, IELTS scores as well as other supporting documents in first shot itself. The medical tests were done last week as well. From the looks of it, now all I can hope is to be on the 'early' pile. Fingers crossed!

Cheers

20 hours ago, Mick1983 said:

Hi guys today I got nomination approval mail after almost 23 months.They asked new medical , AFP, evidence of relationship with partner submitted today 

Just wondering how many days it will take to finalise the visa?

Hi admin , how can I update this on spreadsheets?

Hi Mick... Congrats bro... I am glad to hear it because I applied same things in Jan 2018 from Perth... I got some hope..... Thank you for updating