Hey Guys,

I just realized that when MA lodged my application, the section of other name used was written as Kelly and the reason for change is nickname. And I saw the attached documents on Immi actually been requesting Evidence of name. How should I provide evidence if Kelly just my nickname? Is it necessary to provide?

thanks. 

B480AE8D-A4B6-45FD-BDE2-7E0D83FBD5AA.jpeg

Hi Guys, need some advice please:

I finally get my application looked at (Team12) and there is a request for further documentation. Annoyingly my Police Clearances for NZ expired 1 month ago, and now I have a request for new ones, and I assume a 2-4 week turnaround time is therefor non-negotiable. 

The more pressing concern is that my youngest daughter's passport(South African) has also expired during this ---- very long wait, and we have applied for a new one, but timelines here may not be favorable. Questions:

- Will the evidence of the new Passport Application (Postal Invoice to Commissioner) provide enough value or

- Do we have to wait for the actual Passport to arrive (still another 2-6 months)

Thoughts and advice pls.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, leezo77 said:

I finally get my application looked at (Team12) and there is a request for further documentation. Annoyingly my Police Clearances for NZ expired 1 month ago, and now I have a request for new ones, and I assume a 2-4 week turnaround time is therefor non-negotiable. 

The more pressing concern is that my youngest daughter's passport(South African) has also expired during this ---- very long wait, and we have applied for a new one, but timelines here may not be favorable. Questions:

- Will the evidence of the new Passport Application (Postal Invoice to Commissioner) provide enough value or

- Do we have to wait for the actual Passport to arrive (still another 2-6 months)

Thoughts and advice pls.

@leezo77 Not sure how much this will help, however, in my experience (we also needed a passport from S.A) we needed to actually provide a certified copy of the passport (and birth certificate in this case). 

As i'm sure you've already experienced, dealing with S.A is awful at the best of times, however, we were able to (after literally hundreds of phone calls) get a hold of someone in home affairs and "beg" them to scan a certified copy of the documents to us - that way we could continue with the application, without actually having the physical documents (which were in the post). 

I have heard before that "evidence" of application is enough (on one case), however, i'm not sure if that's true for all, best to check with your MA.

Good luck! 

Morning guys~could I please have some helps here

Just got a call from CO asking about a consent form for ministry of justice NZ as my NZ criminal check will expire soon. However, I cannot find such a form on MOJ website.

Did any one know about this?

and she is asking us to complete the medical check, haha, I think the golden email is just around the corner now.

On 25/05/2019 at 08:45, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hi Guys,

I have a question to ask, i just checked in the immi website that stated "Applications for visa subclasses 186,187, 189, 190 or 489 which are lodged through SkillSelect will be given the highest priority within each priority processing group."

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/priority-processing

Can someone explain this to me, what is the difference between normal 186 and SkillSelect 186 applications?

Thank you

@Hex please reply.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

@Hex please reply.

@Kashif.Iqbal  You need not worry about this. As the link clearly says ENS 186 is second in priority (which is still priority) while regional is first.

ENS 186 is when you apply via employer while skillselect is a channel where you can submit EOI and an employer will pick you up then apply.

On 25/05/2019 at 08:45, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hi Guys,

I have a question to ask, i just checked in the immi website that stated "Applications for visa subclasses 186,187, 189, 190 or 489 which are lodged through SkillSelect will be given the highest priority within each priority processing group."

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/priority-processing

Can someone explain this to me, what is the difference between normal 186 and SkillSelect 186 applications?

Thank you

It is technically possible to submit a request through SkillSelect for a 186 or 187 sponsor to nominate you.  This would be done if you do not already have a job offer with an employer who agrees to sponsor you for one of these visas.  Although it's technically possible to therefore go through Skillselect, the truth is that it never, ever happens.  No employer will ever go into Skill Select to search for an overseas applicant who will require sponsorship.  Never.

So I assume this reference on the immigration website refers to anyone who may have gone through this approach.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Got PR approved as well. I refreshed Immi before lunch and it was still Further Assessment, and when I saw seau’s post above it got me curious so I went in to refresh (like I’ve been doing a million other times) and didnt expect the status to change to Finalised, but it did!

Initially when we applied I thought I’d have to wait for 13 months, but thanks to this forum, I’ve learnt that processing time could be much shorter. I know we’re among the very lucky ones to have the PR only within 2 months from application, so am very grateful for this. All the best to everyone and don’t lose hope!

Timeline updated in signature. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 11

4 hours ago, leezo77 said:

Thoughts and advice pls.

How long did team 12 to open your file ? Actually what is team 12 and what do they check when you submit the 80 form. 

22 minutes ago, Dip said:

Anyone waiting more than 40 days after further information was asked and submitted? 

I waited 2 weeks and still waiting after submission of the documents.Still showing further assessment in my case

5 minutes ago, Dip said:

In my account its still showing received .. 

In my case initial assessment changed to further assessment once i submitted documents but still haven't heard anything from them.