23 minutes ago, GBD said:

Just Wondering Can u please tell me is Retail Buyer Comes in HR OR LR ?

@GBD Based off of the useful list that @lulumanda provided, yes - it seems that "Retail Buyer" is a high risk. 

https://www.immigrationsolutionslawyers.com.au/overcoming-caveats-occupations-457-visa-186-visa-direct-entry-stream/

image.png.df13441c57eb23dc1b0b8e4a15f7f4c6.png

Edited by Hex

28 minutes ago, lulumanda said:

I think this might be out of date - is it from 2017? A review on these occupations have been carried out a number of times since then havent they?

1 minute ago, TooGoodToBeTrue said:

I think this might be out of date - is it from 2017? A review on these occupations have been carried out a number of times since then havent they?

Yes it's from 2017, but from the cases in this forum,seems like that this list is still applied,especially for restaurant manger etc. 

1 minute ago, TooGoodToBeTrue said:

@TooGoodToBeTrue If so and you know of any literature / links of same, please share - this stuff is usually really useful. 

Hi there, a couple of newb questions which I'd really appreciate help with!

For the TRT stream do you know if the documents to be provided have a shelf life in terms of validity? I have basically all of the required docs from my 457 but am really hoping I don't have to get them all again? Perhaps I could just have them re-certified by a justice of the peace to 'refresh' them?

Secondly, the skilled position that I came in on in terms of my 457 is no longer on the new sub-class list. 

I don't believe this is an issue and that it will be grandfathered as per the previous pathway? 

If someone could confirm that would be much appreciated. Cheers!

On 05/04/2019 at 07:30, MaggieMay24 said:

Hi guys, Im holding 457 grantfathering visa and I have recently changed my employer and i had work with former employer 2 years and 9 months. So I would like to apply 186 ens visa as an hairdresser but its not on the list .. is there any chance that can be back again in july? Or as a grantfathering 457 visa it shouldnt effect us.. I am bit confused with that.. any ideas? 

If anyone can help me out. Does anyone know whether all the applicants have to be onshore to apply for 186TRT? My wife is pregnant & she wants to travel to india for her delivery.This affects my timeline. If i can apply for PR with her offshore & once the baby is born can i add the baby to the application without applying for child visa 101. Or should i wait up until my kid & wife are onshore.

@Hex - i have seen you have solutions for most of the issues. Would you be able to help me out

37 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

Hi there, a couple of newb questions which I'd really appreciate help with!

For the TRT stream do you know if the documents to be provided have a shelf life in terms of validity? I have basically all of the required docs from my 457 but am really hoping I don't have to get them all again? Perhaps I could just have them re-certified by a justice of the peace to 'refresh' them?

Secondly, the skilled position that I came in on in terms of my 457 is no longer on the new sub-class list. 

I don't believe this is an issue and that it will be grandfathered as per the previous pathway? 

If someone could confirm that would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Police checks are valid for 12 months. It's best to submit those with as much 'shelf life' as possible. Ours were 6 months old when we submitted and we weren't asked to renew them when they expired, but it has been the case where people have been asked to renew.

In terms of certified docs, that's a good question. I would always get certified copies as close to the application date as possible, but i have heard that there has been a change recently so docs don't actually need to be certified and a regular scan of the doc will suffice.

3 minutes ago, Sheb said:

If anyone can help me out. Does anyone know whether all the applicants have to be onshore to apply for 186TRT? My wife is pregnant & she wants to travel to india for her delivery.This affects my timeline. If i can apply for PR with her offshore & once the baby is born can i add the baby to the application without applying for child visa 101. Or should i wait up until my kid & wife are onshore.

@Hex - i have seen you have solutions for most of the issues. Would you be able to help me out

As far as i'm aware, your 457 stays in effect throughout the processing of your 186TRT as long as it is still valid. If your 457 is expired your bridging visa comes in to effect, and in that case you'd need to look in to the conditions of the bridging visa.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, millski88 said:

As far as i'm aware, your 457 stays in effect throughout the processing of your 186TRT as long as it is still valid. If your 457 is expired your bridging visa comes in to effect, and in that case you'd need to look in to the conditions of the bridging visa.

Thank you milliski88 . So it doesn't matter that she is on shore or off shore. & i can add the baby to my 457 visa & bring them here & later add to pr visa?

22 minutes ago, Mahal said:

Hi guys, Im holding 457 grantfathering visa and I have recently changed my employer and i had work with former employer 2 years and 9 months. So I would like to apply 186 ens visa as an hairdresser but its not on the list .. is there any chance that can be back again in july? Or as a grantfathering 457 visa it shouldnt effect us.. I am bit confused with that.. any ideas? 

if you've changed employer you'll have to get your 457 transferred to that new employer and then your 2 years probation before applying for the 186 ENS will start all over again. 

8 minutes ago, Sheb said:

Thank you milliski88 . So it doesn't matter that she is on shore or off shore. & i can add the baby to my 457 visa & bring them here & later add to pr visa?

That sounds right to me, but i have no experience with applying for dependents (your new baby). Please don't take my word for it. Perhaps someone else could chime in on this who has more experience.

45 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Police checks are valid for 12 months. It's best to submit those with as much 'shelf life' as possible. Ours were 6 months old when we submitted and we weren't asked to renew them when they expired, but it has been the case where people have been asked to renew.

In terms of certified docs, that's a good question. I would always get certified copies as close to the application date as possible, but i have heard that there has been a change recently so docs don't actually need to be certified and a regular scan of the doc will suffice.

@millski88 thanks for the advice. So with the certified docs - for example the past employment references date from 2016, as do the certifications. I was thinking I could just do a new certification but really hope I don't have to chase up the employment references all over again with a more recent date. Would you know anything about that?

15 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

@millski88 thanks for the advice. So with the certified docs - for example the past employment references date from 2016, as do the certifications. I was thinking I could just do a new certification but really hope I don't have to chase up the employment references all over again with a more recent date. Would you know anything about that?

@Mmmbop Are you going for 186 TRT from a 457?

If so, for my TRT i only added one attachment relating to employment. This was a PDF doc with all my payslips covering the period between my 457 grant date and the present day. As far as i was concerned this was the only work-related requirement for the 186 TRT. I didn't get asked for anything further.

If you think about it - you've already proven your fit for the role and provided all the necessary evidence in your 457 app. The only additional work-related requirement on the 186 TRT is that you've continued in a role with the same employer for the necessary period (2 years?). Nothing else should have changed.

If it's a new Direct Entry app then i don't have experience with this i'm afraid.

Edited by millski88

On 25/05/2019 at 00:31, PSC88 said:

Hi Guys, I have received the golden email today, almost 2 months and I can only count my blessings! and would like to share my details since I have been threading on this forum, which is very helpful.

Birth Country: LR

Number of Applicants: 2

Application submission: 26th March 2019

ENS Approval: 23rd April 2019

Further Request Infor ( Police Clearance & Health Check): 23rd April 2019

Final submission: 21st May 2019

Visa Grant: 25th May 2019

Good luck to those who are still waiting ! good news will come very soon for you all !

Hi All,

First of all congratulations to PSC88 on your visa grant, happy for you.

To understand better, what can be the reason for dept to pick applications made way after than the ones made last year. is there any particular reason?

I haven't heard anything since lodging. recently I have also submitted my police checks/medicals.

I also saw another instance who submitted application on the same date as mine and dept has got back to ask for further details at least.

I am not able to get the logic behind picking up application to process.

Thanks,

kashyap

18 minutes ago, millski88 said:

@Mmmbop Are you going for 186 TRT from a 457 granted in 2016? 

If so, for my TRT i only added one attachment relating to employment which was a PDF doc will all my payslips from the 457 grant until present day. As far as i was concerned this was the only work-related requirement for the 186 TRT. I didn't get asked for anything further.

If you think about it - you've already proven your fit for the role and provided all the necessary evidence in your 457 app. The only work-related requirement to evidence is that you've continued in a role with the same employer.

@millski88 Ah right. Yes that makes sense. I'm not sure why I assumed they would be necessary! 

One more question if you wouldn't mind: did you apply immediately once you're employer had submitted your nomination? Or did you wait for nomination approval?

54 minutes ago, Sheb said:

@Sheb Applying offshore (with you, the main applicant onshore) is fine. I've seen many cases like this in the past. There should be no issues with this. 
- You can confirm with your MA but from my experience, this is OK. 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys

I have just received the phone call I’ve been waiting for from my MA. We have received our golden email and are now Australian Permanent Residents.

This forum has been really helpful and thanks to everyone on here.

Please see my timeline and if you have any questions feel free to send them through.

Good Luck to everyone and stay positive!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 11

30 minutes ago, Mmmbop said:

@millski88 Ah right. Yes that makes sense. I'm not sure why I assumed they would be necessary! 

One more question if you wouldn't mind: did you apply immediately once you're employer had submitted your nomination? Or did you wait for nomination approval?

The aim for me was to apply as close as possible to the nomination being submitted, but my app ended up going in about 2-3 weeks after due to a couple of things being delayed.

I suppose it just depends on how urgently you want the visa. You could certainly wait for your employer nomination to be approved first, but there's a chance that'd extend the whole timeline of your visa being granted. From what I've seen most people tend to submit at the same time. 

Edited by millski88

Another visa update. I've just been granted my PR today.

As per my signature, Immigration Dep asked for further information which was Police Checks from Hong Kong (I had completed all other Checks/Medical a week or so prior to this). The certificate was uploaded today to my immi account. I logged in at 10am to check and saw it online under police checks.

Visa was granted and finalised as of 30mins ago. My MA rang me to let me know the good news.

A total of 331 days.

Thanks to all who helped with questions. Good luck to others!

Edited by slacey84
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 10

41 minutes ago, millski88 said:

The aim for me was to apply as close as possible to the nomination being submitted, but my app ended up going in about 2-3 weeks after due to a couple of things being delayed.

I suppose it just depends on how urgently you want the visa. You could certainly wait for your employer nomination to be approved first, but there's a chance that'd extend the whole timeline of your visa being granted. From what I've seen most people tend to submit at the same time. 

@millski88 Makes sense. Thank you!

Sorry guys, I went back a few pages but can't find it...

What is the immigration number to ring?

Thinking about ringing tomorrow as we have been waiting for double the processing time, and over a month from last doc request (medical check).

On 27/05/2019 at 08:25, KellyG said:

Hey Guys,

I just realized that when MA lodged my application, the section of other name used was written as Kelly and the reason for change is nickname. And I saw the attached documents on Immi actually been requesting Evidence of name. How should I provide evidence if Kelly just my nickname? Is it necessary to provide?

thanks. 

B480AE8D-A4B6-45FD-BDE2-7E0D83FBD5AA.jpeg

This is a bit different but when I was on my other visas in Australia my passport contained all my middle names, when I replaced it last year I got the middle names taken off. My MA said it might be worth putting as a change of name on the application.

Never attached any supporting evidence, and that request was always there but mine got approved fine.